197.45 WHQL Released

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Neggers, Apr 13, 2010.

?

197.45 Better than last driver?

1. Better

134 vote(s)
    62.9%
  2. About the same

50 vote(s)
    23.5%
  3. Worse

29 vote(s)
    13.6%
  1. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    For those complaining about mpc-hc, why not use the regular mpc? It has no issues with the 19x.xx drivers.

2. Shadowdane

Shadowdane Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4080 FE
    Yup same here... performance for me improved quite a bit in BFBC2. Didn't see my framerate drop below ~40fps once while I was playing for 3 hours. Previously it would drop into the 20s and 30s during big fire fights.

3. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 4090 EXT AMP
    Does this driver works with hybrid ATI ? and physx mod

4. TheSarge

TheSarge Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 TI FT
    Um, you do, actualy, use codecs. If you're watching a video on a PC, you're using a codec. Just because you don't know what they are doesn't mean you're not using them.

5. TheSarge

TheSarge Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 TI FT
    I'm getting stuttering in some videos but not others. Depends which codec the video is compressed with. So, it's just a partial fix from Nvidia. Better then none at all, I suppose.

6. The General

The General Guest

GPU:
    FirePro W5000 2GB
    I am going to try these drivers again and test out more of my games, and give some feedback later.

7. Grand-DK

Grand-DK Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 680 GTX
    K Lite is really bad and not really needed when you use MPC-HC as it has most codec's internally anyway. I only use a few extra just incase that should be a problem with the internal decoder.

external: CoreAVC, FFDShow, Haali Media Splitter.

This is in general all you should ever need and will play whatever you throw at it. There is a lot of times where packs like K-lite can end up messing up your system with all those codec's.

to get the newest version of MPC-HC and FFDShow visit: www.xvidvideo.ru (some text is in russian but repeated in english)

8. The General

The General Guest

GPU:
    FirePro W5000 2GB
    After testing out timeshift, jericho , crysis, warhead, etc these drivers are horrible, i give up, i will wait for the 198 series. So its back to using the perfect 177.40's.. Even videos run horrible with the 197.45 drivers, also i am getting strange shadows in crysis at all very high to high settings aax2. I am getting alot of stuttering in crysis also when recording , even in dx9 mode. Also in dx10 mode, i lose about 20% performance vs the 177.40's.

Anyways, peace

9. bala_gamer

bala_gamer Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX NVIDIA 1070GTX
    codec pack is a must for 64 bit operating systems for generating video thumbnails!! ffdshow and haali splitter comes integrated with klite and moreover it also has the option for selecting preferred filters. So the codec pack becomes a must ...:nerd:

10. Grand-DK

Grand-DK Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 680 GTX
    I use Win 7 x64 and I have no problems with thumbnails.

And no matter how you look at it the more codecs /crapware you have on your pc the bigger the risk is for something to mess with another program etc. K-lite is useless and installs a lot of filters/codecs you will never or shouldn't use.

I haven't had any of those problems many talk about and most of those problem users have i would blame on faulty codec packs.

Never say a codec pack is a must :s it's always wisest to pick out the codec's you need test that they work and stick to that until at better alternative is out. If you get a codec pack and suddenly get a problem decoding files you will have a hell of a time figuring out what it's that is causing the problem.

Simplicity is often the road to take in these circumstances ^^

11. SoLoR

SoLoR Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1660 Ti
    dont talk nonsene... just listen to people telling you codec packs are bad! (sarcasm)... its same in every topic when we are complaining about MPC-HC EVR bug... half of people telling you how codec packs are bad and other half telling you to use VLC or whatever other program they are using... ITS NOT CODECS fault... if people would actualy READ my posts they would notice in topic with "video" i posted i used DEFAULT codecs of MPC-HC and they are same issues that WITH codecs. I swear to god, if i hear someone else mentioning how codecs are bad and that its codecs fault... let me ask you something if its codecs fault, how the hell then it worked before 196.75 driver? mirricle? Fact is, even IF all that we have problems right now would start using other player and this porblem "would just go away" for right now, this would still mean something is not working as it should and could rise at another time with some other program, because something IS broken inside drivers, if it works at one point and then you "upgrade" driver and it stops working...

12. sniperdog

sniperdog Member

GPU:
    MSI 980Ti Gaming X 6gb
    Fans spool up and get stuck at max rpm. Black screen. Had this problemm with previous driver as well. Only affects two 9800GTX cards in SLI.

Wound back to 196.21 to solve problem.

13. mutate44

mutate44 Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 680 2GB WF 1293 Boost
    These drivers are the best for my setup ever. They actually downclocked my cards at the right speeds and has not worked since 191.07. All games are really smooth except I wish they could fix the dam sky stuttering in fallout 3 already it's been quite a few months since I played the game because of it.

14. _RA_

_RA_ Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970 Mini ITX
    i use 189.03 and cccp no problems with mpc

but i cant use 19x.xx cuz of the lack of ability to set custom res

15. Barton C++

Barton C++ Guest

GPU:
    MSI Hawk GTX460 1GB @ SLI
    SLI GTX260 , Win 7 x64

+ Bad Company 2 terminates each time I choose to exit game, like it did with 197.25 (Tested exiting game 5 times, bfbc2game.exe terminated all times)

+ Trackmania seems to be running great (not stuck in 3D Low clocks after map changes, tracks look good since I only select graphics settings from in-game ready PRESETS, not tweaking the individual in-game settings)
    EDIT /// sometimes game DOES get stuck in 3D Low perf after loading maps.

- L4D not fixed, Dead Air campaign is messed up, crippled SLI fps, jerky feel.

- No games added to nvcpl game list. All I got is Valve Steam (steam.exe) + web browsers, Windows Media stuff etc...Btw, all my games are Steam games, but I can still manually add "Left 4 Dead", "Battlefield Bad Company 2" etc

I think I know how to fix L4D issue easily, but nvcpl doesn't seem to read nvapps.xml after install, changes aren't applied: I'd change the compability bits for SLI, looking the same as it does for L4D2. Changing this in nHancer WORKS, but not via the XML file (Windows\System32\nvapps.xml):

Fix would be in green color, default it's "0"
    <PROPERTY Label="multichip_rendering_mode" Value="0x004CA405" Default="0x004CA405" Itemtype="predefined"/>

Last edited: Apr 14, 2010

16. SoLoR

SoLoR Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1660 Ti
    programdata/nvidia is for nvapps.xml file that nvcpl reads... i actualy have no idea why it puts also copy in to system32, but i dont think nvidia drivers uses that, but there might be some outside applications that are using that version in system32.

17. Rootax

Rootax Member Guru

GPU:
    3090 MSI Suprim X
    Working great on my 8800gts 640 , Win 7 x64 and dual screen setup.

Very smooth in TF2 and more stable framerate with my 2 Eve Online windowed client.

Keepers for now.

18. Barton C++

Barton C++ Guest

GPU:
    MSI Hawk GTX460 1GB @ SLI
    You are so damned right about that ! Thx !

C:\ProgramData\NVIDIA is the folder which nvcpl reads it's NvApps.xml. I made the changes, saved the file and fired up L4D campaign Dead Air - wohooo , 300fps at start (vs 90fps w/o fix), no stuttering thru whole first map!

I guess the system32 xml is there as a dummy, let ppl :program: with that file as much as they want :)

So... now all is 100%, I'm going ban...:banana:...anas

EDIT /// And I don't have nHancer installed even, uninstalled before this driver install to see if nvidia HAD fixed this SLI issue.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2010
  19. Archean

Archean New Member

GPU:
    ATI Radeon 5770 (MSI 1GB)
    Hello everyone!

Unfortunately, this bug has also been passed into the mobile geforce drivers :bang:

20. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    Excellent drivers so far on my system. BC2 plays very smoothly, outside of the lovely constant crashes the previous patch introduced :/