windows 7 and amd am2+ motherboards

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards AMD' started by studabakahawk, Apr 13, 2010.

1. studabakahawk

studabakahawk Guest

GPU:
    2-SOC GTX 460 768 MB SLI
    Hi i just picked up windows 7 Home Pro 64 bit, Im having trouble getting it to run on 3 different motherboards.
    MSI K9AG Neo2 Digital. nope
    MSI K9N SLI Platinum nope
    Asrock K10n780sli x 3 wifi nope
    can any of your Gurus please let me know if any of these Motherboards will be able to run windows 7 Home Pro 64 bit .
    Im using a AMD althon 64 X2 5000+ BE cpu with 2 8800 GT 512 in sli with 3 gig Kingston hyper X 6400 memory.
    Im thinking this hardwear should be recent enough to run Windows 7 home pro 64 bit O\S
    Im asuming its my Motherboard's that are not windows7 ready. if its my Motherboard ill surrender and buy another asus M4n72-e I just swapped my 2 GTX 260 and my 940 Be cpu to this from my asrock M\B. after upgradeing my 8800 gt's and my 5000+ BE cpu and some Kingston Hyper X sli ready Mem.
    any help would be greatly appreciated. I hope i dont have to buy anpther new M\B. as i have the pretty new asrock 780 ! i am hoping for an Bios upgrade anyone know of any for any of these 3 M\B's?

2. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Just off the top of my head, you should be able to run Win7 on any of those boards.

What kind of problems are you having?

It's not the "missing device driver" error is it?

Last edited: Apr 13, 2010
  3. deltatux

deltatux Guest

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    It should run properly. Windows Server 2008 R2 (server version of Windows 7) runs perfectly on my rig and I have an AM2+ board as well.

deltatux

4. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Guest

GPU:
    5700XT
    win7 x64 works great here and AM2+ too

5. Corbus

Corbus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Moist 6900 XT
    no problems here either..

6. dirthurts

dirthurts Guest

GPU:
    Vega 56 Pulse
    hmm

It should be just fine for Windows 7. Motherboard rarely makes a difference.
    What is not working out for you?

7. studabakahawk

studabakahawk Guest

GPU:
    2-SOC GTX 460 768 MB SLI
    im gonna try it again on the asrock M\B as its my newest M\B that im not currently using. let me get back to you.with my situation. I just used the format option , it is a brand new WD 750 Caviar Black 7200 spin HDD.
    The Bios on the asrock M\B is 1.80 and isnt the latest bios, and i was running the hardware in my own Bio pic to the left. i just put this in my new Asus Board and put my older stuff in the asrock M\B. again AMD athalon X2 5000+ BE O\C'd to 3.1. 2 8800gt in sli and 3 gig hyperX pc 6400 mem.

8. studabakahawk

studabakahawk Guest

GPU:
    2-SOC GTX 460 768 MB SLI
    Ok its telling me windows coild not complete the installation on this computer , to complete the installation restart the installation. Thats what ive been getting all the time its like 3'rd attempt

9. deltatux

deltatux Guest

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    I have a feeling is that you have faulty parts and I doubt your motherboard is the cause.

deltatux

10. studabakahawk

studabakahawk Guest

GPU:
    2-SOC GTX 460 768 MB SLI
    all of my hardwear was working just prior to putting it together, the only part that i didnt have running like 2 days ago is the WD 750 HD it came today from Newegg ill rma it.
    I wonder what would happen if i cleared my cmos?

11. dirthurts

dirthurts Guest

GPU:
    Vega 56 Pulse
    Sounds like...

Probably bad hdd or you have the sata mode set wrong. If you're set to AHCI try standard sata or ide mode.

12. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    It has it's own AHCI drivers.....

Install errors are a dime a dozen for Win7 - are you trying to install from a DVD? Onto a fresh HDD or ???

13. Eaglewolf4237

Eaglewolf4237 Member Guru

GPU:
    PNY 9800GT GDDR3 1GB EE
    I may have asked this noob question before but here goes...
    I have a OEM made AM2+ motherboard with Nforce430,and want to upgrade to a AMD Phenom II 945 3.0Ghz 95watt AM3,but was told by someone this simple upgrade wouldn't work because the HP oem motherboard wouldn't support it?
    Is that true or will i only know if i tried installing the CPU myself?
    Apologies for being in this thread,i felt this might be a waste of a whole new thread :-/

14. magicdave26

magicdave26 Banned

GPU:
    S-HD 5770 1GB 1000 / 1400
    Have you stopped to try another Windows 7 disk ?

15. studabakahawk

studabakahawk Guest

GPU:
    2-SOC GTX 460 768 MB SLI
    Ok I tried older HDD and it went in ok, I RMA'd the HDD i just got from online vendor, New one is on its way Thanks Gurus. I knew it couldnt be that hard to install Win 7 O\S !