Serious network problems please help!

Discussion in 'Network questions and troubleshooting' started by HeeRoMaKi, Apr 3, 2010.

1. HeeRoMaKi

HeeRoMaKi Member

GPU:
    EVGA 260 GT
    so.. i called the net they said my internet is "perfect" on there end and today im disconnecting like crazy again after having yesterday running fine for some reason.. im about to throw my computer out the damn window >_<

2. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Of course they're gonna tell you that.

Mate you haven't tried anything that's been suggested to you, so idk wat else to say really...

3. TruMutton_200Hz

TruMutton_200Hz Guest

GPU:
    Iris Xe
    Disable energy saving on the NIC in Windose.

4. HeeRoMaKi

HeeRoMaKi Member

GPU:
    EVGA 260 GT
    I've tried everything suggested to me besides the ubuntu live cd. and that's because I just reformated my computer today and wipped everything and of course that didn't help at all. so i've done every single thing suggested.. also I know it's not my internet because it only happens when my computer is on and now i know that for sure because i was using the laptop for hours just fine, and then i started doing updates on my pc after the reformat and then the dc's started happening again..

How do I disable the NIC energy saver?

(tried to google it but not coming up with "ways" to disable energy saver on the NIC)

Last edited: Apr 11, 2010

5. HeeRoMaKi

HeeRoMaKi Member

GPU:
    EVGA 260 GT
    i'll try to answer this more clearly then the other post i replyed to it first with more direct answers..

There are some nforce ethernet drivers that are causing disconnections for a lot of users that's why I asked which set you were using..

But seeing as you have an Intel chipset......may not be relevant.

Are you on ADSL? I think so.. not sure.

Do you know how to look in your router for line attenuation etc?

DSL Connection Details
    DSL Line (Wire Pair): Line 1 (inner pair)
    Protocol: G.DMT Annex A
    Downstream Rate: 6016 kbps
    Upstream Rate: 768 kbps
    Channel: Interleaved
    Current Noise Margin: 24.0 dB (Downstream) 16.0 dB (Upstream)
    Current Attenuation: 21.6 dB (Downstream) 12.0 dB (Upstream)
    Current Output Power: 12.5 dBm (Downstream) 11.9 dBm (Upstream)
    DSLAM Vendor Information: Country: {0x0F} Vendor: {ALCB} Specific: {0x00}
    PVC Info: 0/35

think thats it?

Can you run a traceroute to a server you're having trouble with? hard to time it exactly when im "dc'n" when my friend was here.. because they came up with fine results he said

had a friend come over to do it but he only did simple ones like google and a few other sites but we couldn't find anything out of the normal he said all the pings to them were fine except a few a little slower then others but not by much ping.

and i missed your early post about the tracerroute much earlier just relized that.

"edit"

Ok ran traceroute by myself it was really no spikes at all i see mostly " 48 54 52" on average for google but i'll try to time one on a dissconnect and see the results then if that helps...

6. HeeRoMaKi

HeeRoMaKi Member

GPU:
    EVGA 260 GT
    and im sorry for not directly posting the actual results earlier and just saying "its not this tried this" i'll post actual results like that for whatever else was just trying to make it easy by saying "oh we tried this and thats not it already" insteed of prooving we've done all that but..i have been paying attention to all suggestions and tried them all except like i said that other OS cd ..i honestly dont have a cd at atm and for such a big file im having trouble staying connected to DL that long in all honesty

ugh oops ment to edit this into last post insteed of making another ..>_<

edit: finally figured out how to disable the NIC power saver so thats now disabled well "unchecked" .. didn't help sadly.

Realtek RTL8168C(P)/8111C(P) Family PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC (NDIS 6.0)

is the network card btw..if that helps

finally got a traceroute at the time of the dc .. tho i must say after this reformate it takes a LOT longer to reconnect then it did before

7. TruMutton_200Hz

TruMutton_200Hz Guest

GPU:
    Iris Xe
    After you've reinstalled Windows, there's still usually some drivers which can be further updated by going on the official websites of the hardware component manufacturers and then searching for the driver that accurately matches the model numbers of the components that you have, even though it can occasionally be a pain to identify the exact model. I've got the latest driver for my Realtek onboard NIC but I'm also losing my wired internet connection on it every couple of weeks on average.