3d VISION ON CRT

Discussion in '3D Stereo and VR Gaming Section' started by wolfdale, Feb 26, 2010.

1. wolfdale

wolfdale Member

GPU:
    XFX GTS 250 1GB Core e.
    WE ALL KNOW 3D VISION AKA 120 HZ MONITOR ARE HIGH PRICED BECAUSE OF JUST THE ABILITY TO RUN AT 120 HZ BLAH BLAH BLAH........
    I DON'T KNOW ABOU8 U GUYS BUT MY OLD 15" CRT CAN SERVE 105 HZ @ 640X480.
    SO I MADE A PLAN(MAY BE A FOOLISH CONCEPT...U DECIDE)TO HAVE 3D VISION ON THIS MONITOR WHERE 3D VISION REQUIRED 100 HZ FOR CRT.THEN I WILL HAVE TO BUY ONLY THE 3D GLASSES.
    SO MY PLAN IS THIS:
    I WILL PLAY AT 640X480 :biggun: BUT W8.YES I KNOW IT IS A SHAME TO RUN AT THAT RESULATION.......SO I WILL FIRE UP NHANCER AND FORCE 2XS OR 3XS ANTI-ALIASING ..........SO MY GFX WILL ACTUALLY RENDER @1280X960 AND 1920X1440......RESPECTIVELY AND I WILL GET SOME GOOD EYE CANDY

SO WHAT DO U THINK,3D VISION POSSIB WITH THIS METHOD?

2. Sutura

Sutura Master Guru

GPU:
    Palit GT210 0.5/1680x1050
    Hi, man. Press the CapLocks button uneven number of times first. About your question....uuuuhhh...no :D

3. thecake90

thecake90 Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia 1060GTX
    No amount of anti-aliasing will help @that resolution =l.

4. Glidefan

Glidefan Don Booze Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | 8600M GS
    CRTs have been used for stereo for ages now.
    But about your AA plan... no. Because in the end your image will be scaled to 640*480 bricks.
    You'll still get your blocks because your monitor will be running at 640*480.
    (Caps make it harder for people to read the post man)

5. wolfdale

wolfdale Member

GPU:
    XFX GTS 250 1GB Core e.
    2 years ago i had a 6200 ........and with it i played @ 640x 480 with 4x AA.
    they were smooth enough........btw sorry for caps lock

6. wolfdale

wolfdale Member

GPU:
    XFX GTS 250 1GB Core e.
    why "no".any technical prob?

7. xSLIX

xSLIX Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 WCSWIFTECH
    Lol wasnt that hard to read

8. scoter man1

scoter man1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070ti
    Well, you can use 3d, but its red and blue 3d, not polarized. The reason the screens that you look at are so expensive is because they have the ability to emit polarized light. When you put on your polarized glasses, it works the same way that red/blue 3d does, its just that the glasses are clear so it doesnt make the image look like sh*t.

9. GFE_Oneill

GFE_Oneill Member

GPU:
    ati 3870x2
    wrong ....

they dont emit polarised light LOL

there designed for nvidia 3d vision only simple as ..

you'll find that also true 3d content gives 2 completely different images at a different viewing angle .

that's why anyone whos looks at true 3d content will know that the image gets shaper (res )

so though it wont produce a image double the sharpness it will look like your res is 30% higher or so.

i my self have a veiwsonic crt that can do 100hz at 1400x1050.

so i think if you implement atlest 16 aa it should be playble and should be enjoy able

10. wolfdale

wolfdale Member

GPU:
    XFX GTS 250 1GB Core e.
    so i just need the glass then?

11. GFE_Oneill

GFE_Oneill Member

GPU:
    ati 3870x2
    glasses yes

12. loser7

loser7 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    The resolution is actually doubled in 3d because you see 640x480x2.I think it will be coll if it works but those glasses are expensive, especially if you dont know that it will work.

13. Glidefan

Glidefan Don Booze Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | 8600M GS
    Nonono don't think of it like that, the res isn't doubled.
    Your eyes will only get one frame at a time.
    The calculations and load on the card does indeed double, but not the perceived resolution.
    If you take the glasses off while using 3D, it may seem as if they show it the same time, but assuming you are using shutter glasses, they are alternating in reality.
    Its still 640 pixels wide by 480 pixels in height.

14. Zloth

Zloth Member Guru

GPU:
    eVGA Nvidia GTX 780
    Well, this topic is looking long dead but...

Also, the glasses have to flip at the same time as your screen is refreshing. I really wouldn't bet on the NVIDIA glasses being able to sync up with a CRT. Heck, there are tons of 120MHz flat screens that it can't sync up with. See NVIDIA's website for more details on what a monitor needs. It's more than just refresh rate.

15. eternitykh

eternitykh Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 670 FTW+ 4GB SLI
    this reminds me of my ELSA revelator glasses i used with my CRT almost 10 years ago...
    but as far as REQUIRING 120hz, that's just a gimmick really, it's only "REQUIRED" because they made it that way, if they made it 60hz compatible, you'd just end up with 30fps gameplay if you wish.

the technology really isn't anything new, it's just slightly revamped. now with 50% more gimmick to milk your money.

and if old school shutter glasses can sync with any crt with a 10 years old TNT2 video card, i dont see how nvidia has such problems trying to sync new glasses with new lcd displays. see where im getting at? it's just a gimmick

the other solution a while back was the 3d monitors that use polarized glasses.

dont get me wrong, i do love 3d and wouldn't mind being able to have it again. it's just this "3d vision" by nvidia isn't exactly a good solution at all.