GTR 3 announced

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by morbias, Mar 31, 2010.

1. Poddy

Poddy Master Guru

GPU:
    nVidia 8800GTS 320mb
    Awesome news! Like people said it's about time SimBin went back to their (IMO) best games of the mid-noughties. If there's a sim that should convert me from rFactor then this should be it :)

2. Dual Core

Dual Core Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 2x4890 24"1080p
    Cant wait, i use my Playstaion 2 joypad via usb convert, love it.

3. Vandrende Pind

Vandrende Pind Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 5870 Vapor-X
    Cool, a GTR sequel :grin2:

Too bad the original team is not working on it - Let's hope it doesn't get messed up by the console version.

I used to drive a lot of GTR 2 online with a G25. Fantastic fun. A FFB wheel definitely makes the sim more fun and realistic. Before I got the G25 I was able to get quite good lap times with a Logitech Wingman 3D joystick. I got better lap times with the G25 though.

4. malky

malky Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080
    Anyone care to wager if we're playing GTR3 or Gran Turismo 5 first...

5. FaM

FaM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2GB GTX 560
    ill wager we will see 3 bad need for speed titles before either one comes out ;-)

6. isidore

isidore Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    well if the control of the car is like forza then a gamepad is enough..i do quite well in forza with the gamepad..

7. LabShark

LabShark Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Wonder just how different it will be?

8. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Forza and Gran Turismo are arcade sims, GTR2 was definetly not that.

I wish i still had the video's i took on my phone of people trying to do play GTR2 with everything turned off using a pad, much hilarity.

9. Infanticide

Infanticide Member Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon R7 260X 2GB
    Nonsense. Back in 2006 I didnt have a steering wheel but I was looking for some more realistic racing game, so I bought GTR2 and damn it was fun playing on keyboard with all driving helps on and pretending I was serious driver :p Now I have a Logitech Driving Force GT and GTR2 in sim mode is even more fun (and much much harder). So it was definitely worth the money: purchased it four years ago, have fun on keyboard for a few months, learned a lot and now its one of only two racing game thats worth playing with steering wheel (rfactor is the other one; Shift is also fun with a steering wheel but too much arcade leftovers from previous NFS games - from crappy menus to stupid gameplay philosophy with tiers, fighting with bosses and so on...).

10. Grim_2o0o

Grim_2o0o Guest

GPU:
    RX 570 Nitro +
    Sweet, I really liked GTR2 and liked the mods for it even more. I got quite good with a controller as well!

They better get the Nordschleife in it this time though, or I might just take my keyboard to their offices, and smash it on their desk... erm. :bang:

11. DYNOMO

DYNOMO Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5870
    Sounds interesting, will keep an eye out for this game