ATI degrades IQ in drivers for fermi launch

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by cowie, Apr 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lacusmons

Lacusmons Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080
    I dont see any difference so i dont care. Im just glad that my card is working 100% now from 10.2 driver set :)

2. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    why you so in denile about a cheater driver?
    nv has nothing to do with ati putting out a cheater driver or do you want to blame them too like other on the net lol
    yeah haveing the 480 as the fastest single gpu with no performance bs ugly drivers is a bad thing? ati fanboys at there funniest.

3. k3vst3r

k3vst3r Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KP3090
    Think point is they did this for fermi launch, why not before like?

4. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    they just dont seem to get it, that is the point

5. Peerless

Peerless Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980 sli 4gb
    I could care less if it looks good and plays faster then win for them. Some people have no life!

6. k3vst3r

k3vst3r Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KP3090
    Could you imagine if nvidia did this for the fermi in couple month. Like drop IQ to improve performance, reckon it still would be ok then?

7. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    dont even bring it up,next thing it will be that nv paid ati to do this.

8. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    Well I have pretty much installed every ati driver since 5870 launch and havent seen any change in image quality at all.

In fact since I just stuck in another 5870 and changed to 10.3b napoleon total war for me seems to look even better! Perhaps this is placebo affect hehe.

But since coming from nvidia I love how my games look more than ever.

Hand to heart this is the truth. So I think these articles are rubbish. :)

9. k3vst3r

k3vst3r Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KP3090
    That's cause you need 2 setup's side by side. One running the 10.2 an the other running the 10.3's at the same time. Then it would be like spot the difference, wouldn't be easily noticeable like.

10. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    [​IMG]

11. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Lol wow i can't believe some of the people here

ATI does this and it's "oh, well, that's fine, because i don't notice it"

Nvidia does this and it's "OMGWTFBBQ HEY LOOK NVIDIA PULLED ANOTHER NVIDIA LOOK AT THEM FAIL!"

Now, if it truly is less IQ but not noticeable (and by noticeable, i mean noticeable at all in any way shape or form, if i zoom the image 100x, i better not see a difference) then that's fine, but the faces you guys put on is just sad

Last edited: Apr 3, 2010
  12. k3vst3r

k3vst3r Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KP3090
    Spray yourself :wanker:

13. GabrielSans

GabrielSans Banned

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 4870 512 MB
    Maybe because Nvidia's policies are tricky (e.g. rebranding), while ATI is much better as a company towards their customers. I still remember when I bought a GeForce 440 MX thinking that it was a GeForce 4 really. After some time I realized that it was a GeForce 2 rebranded and improved a little. That's not fair play, of course. And obviously, I didn't visit Guru3d at that time. If so, I would've saved my money.

Now, with Thermi, Nvidia crossed the line again, you know. I have been an ATI customer for only one year and a half by now, and no complaints so far. My next card will be ATI for that simple reason. Am I an ATI fan boy? NO, just a pleased customer. Am I a Nvidia basher? Well, not intentionally, but some scars are still there.

14. morbias

morbias Don TazeMeBro

GPU:
    -
    Yes, because ATI never rebrands cards.

15. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    True thing is ati has better solutions atm.
    Also,bear in mind that the nvidia cards reviewers had were chosed by nVidia.
    Good Luck to any of you with Fermi,i was going to make 470 SLI but i reconsidered and decided to wait till 512SP version

16. k3vst3r

k3vst3r Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KP3090
    Yep, also missing this 1st gen of fermi cards, needs a die shrink then it should be golden.

17. GabrielSans

GabrielSans Banned

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 4870 512 MB
    Excuse man, but do you pursue posters to prove they're wrong throughout the entire forum? I guess, for your title and quantity of posts, that you are quite a personage on this forum, but could you just stop bothering me with stupid things? Instead, you should use your knowledge and experience here to help newcomers as well as laymen like myself, I think. Thanks in advance.

And yes, I suppose that ATI rebrands too, but unfortunately the leap between a GeForce 2 and a GeForce 4 "in my case" was too much of a cheat.

18. kitch9

kitch9 Guest

GPU:
    XFX 7990 3GB
    LOL, exaggerate much!?!

I've just swopped between the 10.2's and the 10.3's to the 10.3b's and can't see any difference...... Maybe some pixel scanning program could find something, MAYBE but so what?

It can't be that noticable as people would have, you know, noticed it instead of some random website doing deep comparison tests for some reason.

Its just butthurt fans, trying to find any reason as to why their brand of choice just isn't performing.

They'll improve fella you need to stop clinging on, they'll come back to rescue you from your obvious torment.....

19. Jonp382

Jonp382 Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 5770 Vapor-X
    Don't forget the HD 5165 or whatever either. Those aren't actually Evergreen chips.

Thing is they didn't actually do any comparison.(Or did they? I can't find any comparison shots for 10.2 and 10.3 in NFS: Shift) Anyone up to swapping drivers and taking shots in NFS: Shift or one of the other games that got the optimization?

20. morbias

morbias Don TazeMeBro

GPU:
    -
    Stop posting nonsense, and I'll stop correcting it :rolleyes:

Both companies are guilty of the same things, it's just funny that people pick out one or the other depending on which company they prefer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.