GeForce GTX 480 noise levels debunked

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Mar 27, 2010.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    noise levels honestly do not turn me off. I have 2 295`s and run them at 100% fan speed. better cooler than hotter

3. gloves085

gloves085 Guest

GPU:
    nVidia RTX 2080 ti
    And I also noticed 88 degrees at Furmark stress levels, my 280s hit that at times. Roughly what was the rooms ambient Hilbert?

4. morbias

morbias Don TazeMeBro

GPU:
    -
    21C ambient

5. sk8zophrenia

sk8zophrenia Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX1060
    hm.. its not that bad when i come to think of it. i'll just wait for 480 to reach moscow e-tailers then.

6. gloves085

gloves085 Guest

GPU:
    nVidia RTX 2080 ti
    Yeah, that's not nearly as depressing as many were making out, I do have a portable aircon for the summer months (not that it gets used often over here!)

I don't think I'm going to be disappointed with my GTX 480 setup when it arrives :)

7. Apocalyptic God

Apocalyptic God Member

GPU:
    GTX 660Ti 2xSLI
    I can't believe anyone is going to run out and buy this. Kyle at HardOcp also showed the amount of power they pull from the wall. Now I pay my own power bill, and additional 200-300watts IS a big deal over the R5800 series. You are not only paying more for a card that has not much of a performance increase over ATI's finest, have to purchase a new PSU, noise concerns, and of course you have to buy 2 of them to get 3 monitor gaming. Come on. Use some common sense, send nVidia the message and don't buy this crap.

I am a former ATI user who after going year after year with bad drivers went to nVidia. (From the first Radeon, Radeon 64MB DDR and every card to the X1900XT, thats quite a few ATI cards.) 8800 series to GTX260 216. And after hearing drivers are on par for ATI now, price is right, I am headed back to Red team because of the common sense issues with nVidia. Way to be green, green team! :bang:

8. Zloth

Zloth Member Guru

GPU:
    eVGA Nvidia GTX 780
    1. I pay my own power bill, too. It's not a big deal.

2. I could put this in my PC without getting a new power supply. It would be silly with this old thing but I could do it. (I expected to go SLI but never did.)

3. Did you even read the first post in this thread? And who cares about noises anyway? My games will drown it out easily.

4. Unless those 3 monitors are pretty low resolution, you're going to need two cards anyway. Especially if you do the 3D thing.

The only big deal I see is the heat issue. That's going to heat up my computer room in the summer. It will be nice to have in the winter, though.

But to the topic... noise levels just aren't a problem. It's pretty much white noise so it would need to be VERY loud to cause any issues for me.

9. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    This is an enthusiast site remember, there are people on here who with quadfire, or two GTX295's, nearly everyone will be able to get these cards without upgrading their PSU, and we already know the noise concerns have been exaggerated, and probably not much worse than my existing card.

You do need to SLI to have multi-monitor, but you, or i could just grab a second GTX260, we don't need to buy two GTX400 cards, not that i ever would use it anyway.

I would love to go to ATI, but i just like too many Nvidia exclusive features, and i really don't like the thought of losing Cuda for my video decoding and DVD upscaling, as well as great Folding performance and, not forgetting PhysX games this year, and the possibility of games based on the Unigine benchmark.

10. prodigy *

prodigy * Member Guru

GPU:
    2x 470gtx
    did anyone ask you to buy this card ? no its up to you ppl on here love new tech me mostly ill be having 2 of these.

11. DSK

DSK Banned

GPU:
    HD5770/BenQ G2220HD
    Also remember most people on this site are enthusiasts on a budget.

We can't all be like bodar ya know.

12. sk8zophrenia

sk8zophrenia Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX1060
    well said :D either way i dont really mind about power consumption bcoz i dont have to pay the electricity staying in this sh!tty hostel.

13. Covert

Covert Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus HD 5770 1000/1300

Why who's Bodar and why cant we all be like him....lol ?

On topic though, my ATi5770 hits 90 Degrees when its running KomBuster and my cards nowhere as powerful as the 470GTX.

14. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Everyone is on a budget, but we all have different budgets, and mine as you can see has been low recently, but hopefully will pick up.

I wish i could get this card to 90c, don't last longer than 45seconds on Furmark before my PC is shut down, crappy PSU.

15. Hekynn

Hekynn Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 460 1gb MSI HAWK
    I have my headphones so I don't hear anything out of my PC when I'm playing BC2 man that game is crazy!

16. Roft

Roft Member Guru

GPU:
    Zotac AMP! GTX 480
    That would even be loud for my taste, but with 2 of them, you don't really have a choice.

17. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    I hate how loud my 280 is, doesnt someone make quieter air coolers for these cards?
    My PC is really quiet, except for the 280, hopefully the 480 refresh later this year will be quieter.

18. buddyfriendo

buddyfriendo Guest

GPU:
    2070 Super
  19. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
  20. weston

weston Guest

GPU:
    GTX 275
    really? is the 280 louder than the 275? I feel like mine is really quiet.

Loud coolers are a deal breaker for me.