Ati OpenGl 4.0 Preview Driver

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by XfragDaz, Mar 25, 2010.

1. Donkeylips

Donkeylips Member

GPU:
    2x POWERCOLOR pcs+ 5770
    I only have Metro, BF2 BC2, Quakeworld (quake1), and Quakelive installed. No performance gain or loss over 10.3 but again I'm probably CPU bound.

10.1 / 10.2 / 10.3 preview / 10.3a / 10.3 also perform terribly when compared to NVIDIA in Quake/Quakelive. I was just making the comment the performance still hasn't improved. Should I not provide any feedback?

2. chaotic1

chaotic1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PowercolorHD6970 2GB dead
    uninstalled these drivers and it has broke my system , tried to install the 10.3 drivers and error during the install and it still will not install any driver now . help :(

edit : never mind sorted it now , but my downloads folder is now empty for some reason . i had 3 gb of stuff but its all gone :cry:

Last edited: Mar 26, 2010
  3. Labyrinth

Labyrinth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Tri-X R9 290 4G
    no ones complaining, its a beta and people are saying what works and what doesnt? or does that cause you some confusion :stewpid:

According to that guy we shouldnt say anything :banana:

4. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Indeed i thought the point of a thread was discussing how the experience is of a driver.

5. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    No body says that you where complaining... ok?
    I was talking about this guy. "sideeffect"

And.... the "stupid" thing is not necessary.. ok?

6. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB
    Actually you should chill out and get off your high horse.

Theres nothing wrong with trying something and letting people know that they are issues even if there beta/preview. Its good to inform people if they played any openGL games that hey have issues with these drivers. So if they play any openGL games then they shouldnt use them. If not then every thing is fine and dany. Of course they will be issues with beta/preview drivers but it will always need some one to test them to let other people know if there are any issues that will effect what there do.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2010
  7. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    No issues with these so far, tried hex-editing (Well, more like viewing.) atiumdag.dll and atidxx32.dll and there's no new profiles from the previous 10.3 driver. (The 14th March ".712" one.) but it's been stable so far, no problems either though based on past posts in this section the 5000 series still has some minor bugs like flickering or something in Bad Company 2 and OpenGL support (Particularly older titles.) isn't fully stable, it is a test driver though so hopefully the next full (10.4) driver will sort out the majority of bugs discovered and hopefully also add proper profiles / support for some of the recent games like say Metro or Settlers.
    (Just Cause 2 is somewhat covered with that 10.3 profile app released earlier and it already runs quite well, although single-GPU configuraitons usually work quite well so it's mostly about Crossfire scaling and compatibility with profiles aside from bug fixes and specials like UE3 AA support or game specific tweaks, or how to explain it, haha.)

8. Sever

Sever Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Galaxy 3GB 660TI
    assuming that crossfire profiles are still included in driver bundles, anyone know if theres any new crossfire profiles in these?

9. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    I don't think the Crossfire profile application was included with these so the previous version 10.3 release would still be the most recent.
    (Of course the existing profiles might have been updated and tweaked since the previous driver version so some performance gains and compatibility fixes might come from that.)

10. pjokerxp

pjokerxp Banned

GPU:
    Palit GeForce GTX 680 2GB
    OpenGL has broken Ambient Occlusion

playing Darkest of Days the best game ever!!

without AO
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

With AO
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

how sad!
    The best Opengl.dll driver was 9.11 am still using the opengl dll file with extracting openGL.dl_ from previous package

ATI please resolve this! i love darkest fo days and the only best openGL in recent games!

Thank you

11. MadelineX

MadelineX Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 295x2
    Quick previewing compositions in Adobe After Effects CS4 seems faster and more stable.

12. ASLayerAODsk

ASLayerAODsk Guest

GPU:
    MSI 580 8G
    Well I THINK with these drivers my bc2 actually loaded up a TAD faster...but the performance in it...well...id say im in a stable 50+ arena now with it....I tried Metro, although havent really played it with 10.3 very much...i wasnt quite sure if there was a difference or not...turned on all the dx11 and it performed prolly 30+ fps on avg, with some of the foggy levels dropping down a bit...prolly even to low 20s as it ALMOST started to get choppy...theres a bit of odd flickering in the darker areas of metro, but I didnt notice anything in bc2 during the game other than the animated loading screens with your progression bars, always messes up now since 10.3a/whql etc but the gameplay is just fine, so I can kinda live with that :)

13. Wolfskin07

Wolfskin07 Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti
    Just tested these drivers with Metro 2033!
    Installed on top of the WHQL 10.3 and got a massive boost in Metro 2033 using 5850 Crossfire!
    Same IQ as 10.3 with massive gains in metro is a keepers for me =D

Cheers!

14. pjokerxp

pjokerxp Banned

GPU:
    Palit GeForce GTX 680 2GB
    this is openGL driver... and this thread is about OpenGL from ATI..

why people ignoring that and talking about directx ?

guys keep this thread on topic! and the topic is about OpenGL.

15. Paulo Narciso

Paulo Narciso Guest

GPU:
    ASUS Strix GTX 1080 Ti
    I went from 10.3a to these and zero improvement in metro2033 and justcause 2.

16. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    I am NOT saying that they should not report issues, but, they should NOT complain about those issues, just report them. God Damn it

17. sideeffect

sideeffect Master Guru

GPU:
    FE 3070
    I wasn't complaining I was commenting. I do realise these are test drivers so was making light of the situation. Your the one who seems to be doing all the complaining.

Also where have the same people been complaining because I havn't noticed it. Why don't you make yourself useful and go test some OpenGL apps and games and provide some feedback.

18. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    Well, OK, sorry

Ok. Want feedback?

Tried ETQW (with patch 1.5) and no problem what so ever. Except for low performance (hitting 30 fps at max settings @ 1280*960) but no a problem for me, i don't like the game.
    IQ was great though.

I don't have another OGL game.... well, i do, i have Call of Juarez 2, gonna try it soon.

19. Cubitus

Cubitus Member

20. Cubitus

Cubitus Member

Btw i want to install this in my laptop, but ATI in his infinite wisdom - i expected they stopped this crap already of blocking people with laptops- blocks with this drivers previews...

I thought to assemble a mix of 10.3a and replacing the openGl stuff from it with this. What would be the files related to openGL to get from this one?