When will the official 10.3 be out?

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by death_samurai, Mar 21, 2010.

1. death_samurai

death_samurai Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit 970 GTX jetstream
    when i saw the 10.3 a thread i thought lo and behold finally something new but i read till the end of the thread and saw many problems users had with it and then i saw ppl asking for a 10.3 hotfix, i was like Wtf.

Therefore anyone in the know, would u happen to know if there's going to be an official 10.3 drivers?

I hope it's not going to become 10.3 a then 10.3 b that would be holy f8ck!!!

Been trying to beat my 25k score on vantage. I think i got that score with the 10.1 drivers so far haven been able to go beyond that.

2. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    Why would you want the WHQL'd driver?
    It has been stated before by AMD/ATi it self, that those drivers will not have the optimizations that the preview drivers (aka 10.3a) have

3. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Officials will be released this Wednesday the 24th, but they are older drivers than the 10.3a's, so you may as well just grab those.

4. death_samurai

GPU:
    Palit 970 GTX jetstream

I don't know about that cos i read the thread on 10.3a and lots of ppl were complaining.

Isn't this weird that unofficial drivers don't have optimizations that official ones have?

5. Passion Fruit

Passion Fruit Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    ATI said it themselves. I'm also running those drivers and have no complaints what so ever.

huh... :3eyes: ATI said that the 10.3a's have more updates than the 10.3 official, not the other way around, but to answer your question, no it isn't wierd. This is because the 10.3a is a BETA driver, hence the WHQL driver won't have optimizations in it that are untested.

6. death_samurai

GPU:
    Palit 970 GTX jetstream
    OKay just to confirm. Should i d/l the 10.3a or the official ones?

Maybe i should just stick to the 10.2

7. Passion Fruit

Passion Fruit Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    Personally, i'd recommend you test them. The 10.3 Previews were a lot better than the 10.2's, and for me, the 10.3a's are either the same or better.

Not everyone is having problems, so you aren't going to know how they perform on your system unless you test them yourself. If you can't be bothered, just stick to the 10.2's then download 10.3 WHQL when they're released if you want.

8. games2007

games2007 Active Member

GPU:
    ATI Radeon 5700 x2 xfire
    Hopefully soon, and I hope they fix the new flickering with BFBC2. I get better performance now though.

9. Snooc

Snooc Member

GPU:
    XFX 5850 1GB
    Will they eventually release Windows XP drivers?

10. Eldroid

Eldroid Member Guru

GPU:
    HiS Excalibur x800 Pro IceQ II VIVO 256 MB GDDR3
    I'd like to know the answer to this as well. Been stuck with the 9.10 drivers on my laptop since the mobility modder doesn't work with any of the later drivers.

11. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    You may have your reasons for using XP, but if you dont dual boot win 7 already you should think about it. You'll start using it, and ditch XP as your main OS im certain.

12. Sash

Sash Ancient Guru

GPU:
    video
    24 march

13. VERRY

VERRY Member

GPU:
    Ati HD5850
    What changes from beta to full version ?

14. Snooc

Snooc Member

GPU:
    XFX 5850 1GB
    I'm a competative player, currently on CS:S, and there's alot of difference in the gameplay with Win 7 and Win XP. One example is the command "snd_mixahead 0.01" wich make the sound come instantly, I cannot use that under Win 7.. And boy does It make a difference :p

But yes, I am on a dualboot so I can take benefit of DX 11!

15. Equalizer

Equalizer Member

GPU:
    Asus 4870 512MB
    I had flickering while using XP, since changed windows 7 no problemos, even runs better.

16. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    just the WHQL certificate, and the loss of a couple of Eyefinity updates, as well as the AVP optimizations, as after they sent them off to get WHQL'd, they still worked on them, so the officials will be older, and why they wont have the extra updates that are in these betas.