New RivaTunerStatisticsServer is ready, testers wanted!

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by Unwinder, Mar 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sikvdila

sikvdila Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 390X OC
    OSD works for me in this games: BF2, DIRT2 and Metro 2033

2. sam3000

sam3000 Master Guru

GPU:
    SLI GTX970
    Timestamps on the extracted files match the timestamps of the files listed within the archive (as shown by the archive utility).

I've tried winrar too now, same problem.

3. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

What timestamp is displayed?

4. sikvdila

sikvdila Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 390X OC
    I told that new beta static server works fine but found two incorrections:
    Firs: my frined have GTX 260 BE and OSD sill showing DX11 not dx10

[​IMG]

second: I have 5850 and when I change dx11 to dx10 and restart game osd anyway showing dx11 not dx10 as I said

[​IMG]

I don't know it's game problem or static server problem but I anyway reporting this bug :)

5. Unwinder

It is correct and supposed to be so. And was discussed just a few posts above:

http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=3504872&postcount=53

6. Unwinder

Beta 5 is online. Changes list includes:

- On-Screen Display coordinate space tri-state option allowing you to select viewport/desktop/window coordinate space has been simplified because window coordinate space mode is being used really rarely. Tri-state option has been replaced with two-state option allowing you to select viewport or framebuffer coordinate space modes.
    - Now framebuffer coordinate space is automatically selected instead of viewport coordinate space in DX8 applications creating pure D3D8 device (e.g. 3DMark 2000).
    - EXE date validation system has been altered a bit to address 'Some of RTSS components are expired, missing or corrupted!' issue on some systems.

7. sikvdila

sikvdila Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 390X OC
  8. Bartimaeus

Bartimaeus New Member

GPU:
    XFX ATI Radeon 5770
    'Some of RTSS components are expired, missing or corrupted!'

Got this on Beta 4, and still have it on Beta 5. Does it only work on 32bit systems? Windows 7, 64bit, used 7zip to extract both times.

9. boogieman

boogieman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080X
    Opposite for me, I had problem with beta 4 but 5 extracted fine.

10. Bartimaeus

Bartimaeus New Member

GPU:
    XFX ATI Radeon 5770
    I tried re-extracting it using WinZip, but now I don't even get the error message. Double clicking on either .exe creates a process in task manager, but nothing opens up.

(edit) I closed down MSI Afterburner, and now it works! Thanks, Unwinder. I guess I'm a big dumby - probably what was wrong with Beta 4 for me, too!

Last edited: Mar 22, 2010

11. stangowner

stangowner Guest

GPU:
    2xMSI N550GTX-Ti Cy II OC
    Beta5 extracts/works fine here. Win7x64 and 7zip, copy into RT\Tools\RTSS dir.

12. sam3000

sam3000 Master Guru

GPU:
    SLI GTX970
    yay - beta5 works for me now! thanks.

beta4 rss.exe timestamp is 18/03/2010 00:37:16
    beta5 rss.exe timestamp is 22/03/2010 15:32:11

timestamps shown within the archive util (peazip on this occasion) match the modified timestamps of the files generated.

time formats and region are uk. timezone is utc-8 (pst) + dst correction so it's utc-7 (pdt).

13. Raptor5150

Raptor5150 Active Member

GPU:
    2x EVGA GTX460 SC EE
    beta 5 working fine for me, dx9 BFBC2.....

14. BVALJALO

BVALJALO Member

GPU:
    GB WF GTX670(1337c/7000m)
    Haven't tried Beta 5 yet, still on last version, but I'm not seeing an OSD in Vantage of all things. Tried 3d mode On and Off. Used to see OSD with older RTSS versions no problem.

15. fgw

fgw Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI N680GTX Lightning
    add another game to the list: Anno 1404 - Venice (tested with latest beta 5)

16. Unwinder

See zero problems with vantage, just verified it once again and it is one of #1 applications I'm using to check each new build. I'm afraid that you're configuring something improperly.

17. Bartimaeus

Bartimaeus New Member

GPU:
    XFX ATI Radeon 5770
    Metro 2033 works on DirectX11 - except that, in 3D mode, it crashed during the Hunter scene in the beginning of the game. Can anyone else try doing the Hunter scene, (where it's all snowy), on 3D mode with Beta 5 on DirectX11, and tell me if it crashes by the end of the scene?

18. Unwinder

To jump into such conclusions you have either to see that crash report points directly to the server hook library, or reproduce issue multimple times with OSD on and ensure that it is never happening with OSD off. And I'd SERIOUSLY ask to avoid posting anything different in this thread, that is not a testing but the source of unwanted rumors.

19. Bartimaeus

Bartimaeus New Member

GPU:
    XFX ATI Radeon 5770
    I already have. I played through that scene literally ten times before turning off OSD, and it went through the first time. All I asked if it had happened to anybody else, or if it was just some random problem with my computer conflicting with something else. I'll make a FRAPS video if you really want it.

20. BVALJALO

BVALJALO Member

GPU:
    GB WF GTX670(1337c/7000m)
    That's what I figured.

So ... Hmmm ...

Well, I don't think I am configured incorrectly, because this beta RTSS is working a treat on such titles that OSD didn't use to work on such as Metro and Stalker COP, but I suppose it's possible.

Just out of curiosity, do you also have an ATI 58xx series in Crossfire that you test on? I'm running 5850's in Crossfire.

Another interesting thing I noted. I get the OSD perfect on Passmark Performance Test 32-bit version, but when I run the 64-bit version, it is not there. I tried all the detection mode, 3d on and off, no difference, there's no OSD when the 3d tests run in 64-bit.

It's probably unrelated, but crossfire also doesn't work nearly as well on the 64-bit tests either in terms of GPU usages both rising together, and the 3d scores are much lower. Just throwing that out there in case it helps, I'm not asking for you to help troubleshoot or anything ;)

Thanks for your hard work building great (and free) tools for the enthusiast community, by the way. I've been using your products very happily for many years :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.