Metro 2033 & Catalyst

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Olvik, Mar 17, 2010.

1. Kohlendioxidus

Kohlendioxidus Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega 56 Pu
    damn how can I save some screens with fraps with the fps on top of the picture?? I tried and the fps are not there??:3eyes:

2. bernek

bernek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 7900XT
    I think this game is "meant" for Nvidia cards all the way ...

3. Kohlendioxidus

Kohlendioxidus Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega 56 Pu
    ok I got it, below some screens also from heavy combat scenes. Normal roaming never drops below 55 fps.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2010
  4. Kohlendioxidus

Kohlendioxidus Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega 56 Pu
    ok I got it, below some screens also from heavy combat scenes. Normal roaming never drops below 55 fps.

Settings: 1920x1200, Dx11, Very High, DOF-OFF, Tesselation-ON (see the monster), AA 4x, AF 16x
    CPU @ 3600, GPU @ default (Cat. 10.2), the pics are 75% of my native resolution

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Kohlendioxidus

Kohlendioxidus Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega 56 Pu
    I forgot to mention, the game is installed on my SSD.

6. Bornakiller

Bornakiller Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 580 SLI
    When you reach Chapter 5 at the library you will notice the drops
    This is with tessilation on DOF off 1920x1080 res Veryhigh settings didn't try on lower
    Settings.

Cuz when it comes to numbers and benchmarks Ati will show you miracles... I say numbers without drivers are useless!!

[​IMG]

7. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim
    Kohlendioxidus the pictures don't look so sharp(the edges look nasty)...i wonder why?

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

8. Kohlendioxidus

Kohlendioxidus Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega 56 Pu
    The picture are resized with irfan and transformed to jpeg. And imageshack resized to 1400, don't know why. I'll resize and post again as the pics are much better in original.

Here we go:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim
    ^ yeah... it looks much better now, more sharpness and u can see the MSAA here;)

10. Kohlendioxidus

Kohlendioxidus Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega 56 Pu
    Yeah, didn't realise that the quality of the pics are changend by imageshack:3eyes:.

11. stenelaus

stenelaus Master Guru

GPU:
    HIS Radeon4650 1GB PCIE
    yeah, well, you see...i run the game with 1280x768, no AA, 16x AF, normal settings, DX9 (i am capable of DX10), and know comes the story: while i was playing in the metro tunnels, i had a very huge FPS increase, all of the sudden; after 1 minute, the game ran like 20+ again.The game keeps having some kind of loooong fps spikes every 5 minutes, so i feel that my hardware really can handle the game on normal settings but the game itself doesn't like me, so every 5 minutes (even on the surface, in Dead City) the game runs over 40+ fps for 1 minute, and then the next 5 minutes it returns back to normal. I can't tell that there is a background service problem, or maybe the Anti-Virus, just the game!

12. Skylinee

Skylinee Member Guru

GPU:
    Windforce 780ti OC
    Does anyone know how to make this game run at 60hz? It's defaulted to 85hz, so i can't run it at 1920x1080@60hz. The highest res i can run without my monitor going out of range is 1440x900, which is a 16:10 aspect ratio so it looks weird on a 16:9 monitor.

13. IPlayNaked

IPlayNaked Banned

GPU:
    XFire 7950 1200/1850
    I'm trying to fiddle with crossfire to get it to work. If I manage, I'll post back.

It appears crossfire is working if you look at GPU usage, however I noticed almost no gain by enabling it and I can play the game quite smoothly with a single 5770. No DOF or tessellation of course.

14. Krogtheclown

Krogtheclown Master Guru

GPU:
    FuryXfire 3440x14freesync
    Ok anyone who says they're playing this game with everything maxed out and smooth play. I have couple hundred acres of beach front property for sell $100per! You can see the oceans for miles and miles weather is beautiful and so are the women! Right here in Illinois.:banana:

15. IPlayNaked

IPlayNaked Banned

GPU:
    XFire 7950 1200/1850
    1680x1050, my play IS smooth, even on one card. Though as mentioned, this is DOF disabled. Really the only time I got a noticable FPS dip was at the very beginning. Beautiful scene, but very tough. If you can run that scene, you can run anything after it

16. IPlayNaked

IPlayNaked Banned

GPU:
    XFire 7950 1200/1850
    So I figured out the problem.

Looks like you have to have a profile for tessellation to work in crossfire.

As far as I can tell, if you have tessellation enabled, you only get one card working. It APPEARS both cards are working, at least on my end, as both cards are at 90%+ but in fact it gives you the exact same FPS as a single card. I don't think the tessellation hit is as big as it appears, I think it's just disabling our crossfire.

I tested this by first getting a baseline with a single card in the intro - 23FPS. I then got a baseline with two cards, both of these are DOF on, Tessellation off, and the two card result was 35 or so, don't remember exact numbers. Quite a bit higher though. I then proceeded to enable tessellation at which point the two card setup dropped to 23FPS. After seeing this, I exited the game and return to it with Cat AI disabled (Thus only one card on) and with DOF and Tessellation both on, and voila, 23 FPS.

So, long story short, try playing with Tessellation off, DOF on, if you have a strong CF setup. Should work better for you than DOF off Tessellation on.

17. Kohlendioxidus

Kohlendioxidus Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega 56 Pu
    Hey man I think you'r trippin' or somethin':nerd:. It playes very smooth here @1920, Dx11, Very High, see my screens (DOF-OFF). The only problem that I have is that this game is very short.:puke2:, is finished after 7h wtf??

18. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim
    yaeh finished the game too..it's very short....performance wise it's ok considering how"it's meant to be played", except the huge FPS dropping in big firefights and explosions...but i guess that's because i don't have a gpu dedicated for Physx...hope i can get a Geforce for that....

.....PS yeah and i upgraded my cpu from E8200@3.8 to Q9550 @ 3,8 and i didn't see any difference what so ever in this game( vantage, with E800 9400pts and with Q5550 about 14500pts)...

19. Krogtheclown

Krogtheclown Master Guru

GPU:
    FuryXfire 3440x14freesync
    Well I saw some of your screen shots at 28, 31 and 33 FPS. Those were not really intense scenes like the opening scene. I guess I believe that it could be smooth but I veiw smooth @ 40 or above.:)

20. Kohlendioxidus

Kohlendioxidus Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega 56 Pu
    Yeah, these were intense fight scene, but I can say that above 25 fps this game feels quite fluid in comparison with other games.:3eyes: