Currently Connected To:

Discussion in 'Network questions and troubleshooting' started by RocketDogg, Mar 15, 2010.

1. RocketDogg

RocketDogg Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon HD 6850
    Hello it's been a long while since I been on here, been real busy, is FinchWizard still the networking guru???

Here is my problem. About 2 months ago I installed a Belkin wireless router for my kids Ipod Touchs. Every time i start my PC up now I have to disable 1 of 2 connections shown in my network and sharing center. Then I have to diagnose the problem only telling me renew ip when i do that i can get online.

I thought I should only have 1 connection. The other one is Unidentified Network, I have no clue. Any help is greatly appreciated.

2. Finchwizard

Finchwizard Don Apple

GPU:
    -
    I'm still around, although not as much as I used to be.

My suggestion would be to set your IP addresses manually.
    Also make sure you only have 1 Gateway in there, if you have more than 1 you could be running into some problems.

And how are your connections setup? You said you have to disable 1 of 2 connections, so 1 go's to the Router I assume and the other?

3. RocketDogg

RocketDogg Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon HD 6850
    Well when windows starts up my two little monitors in the taskbar. when I right click it shows the network i need to connect to and the other is an unidentified network.

When I go to diagnose and repair, it tells me to automatically get ip settings. then it recognizes my network and the problems had been resolved.

Does this sound confusing??

4. dcx_badass

dcx_badass Guest

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1060 6GB
    Can you get a screen shot? Also why not just disable the one you don't use?

5. RocketDogg

RocketDogg Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon HD 6850
    That's my problem I keep disabling the one I don't use every time I boot Windows.

6. RocketDogg

RocketDogg Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon HD 6850
  7. RocketDogg

RocketDogg Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon HD 6850
    Well here is an update:

I read in another forum somewhere that someone had the same issue as me, and what they suggested is that they deleted Itunes and Bonjour from their PC. I didn't delete Itunes, (because of kids Ipods) but I deleted Bonjour.

Well I tried that and when I started my PC today, I didn't have to disable the unidentified network. It started right up and I could get online right away. I wonder what was in the software to make it do that??

8. Finchwizard

Finchwizard Don Apple

GPU:
    -
    Bonjour shouldn't really matter, I have it because of some other things that use it and never had problems.

Generally just disabling a connection if it's not needed, and making sure it's all static IP's and it's fine.