Testers wanted for upcoming version of MSI On-Screen Display server!

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by Unwinder, Mar 15, 2010.

1. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

2. DSK

DSK Banned

GPU:
    HD5770/BenQ G2220HD
    Badass

count me in :)

3. Li4m79

Li4m79 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xPalit GTX770 Jetstream
    cool, me 2

4. BVALJALO

BVALJALO Member

GPU:
    GB WF GTX670(1337c/7000m)
    This is Awesome!

I guess I should've read the readme for AB a long time ago, I've never been able to figure out why OSD works with everything DX9, but only sometimes on DX10 and never on DX11. I really miss my OSD when it's not working :( I also thought the perf hit was a bit excessive, but never knew why.

Thus, although I was searching the interwebz for why there's no OSD in Metro 2033, happening upon this thread has been very enlightening. I'm excited to try this new 3d buffer OSD you've created Alex, and will post any issues I stumble across.

BTW, sorry if this is off-topic, but will the new RT version have signed drivers so it works on se7en 64-bit? Will it support up to 10.3 catalyst, also, by chance? I prefer RT to Afterburner, so, just wondering.

Lastly, kind sir, is there ANY WAY to force v-sync on ATI cards running in Windows 7 that actually works reliably? Because the CCC almost never works to force v-sync (as it presently does not for Metro 2033), and lots of times forcing it won't work from in-game either (Stalker CoP for example) and it drives me insane.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2010

5. BVALJALO

BVALJALO Member

GPU:
    GB WF GTX670(1337c/7000m)
    First thing I tried this on, Metro 2033, there is no OSD happening. I'm using On Screen Display 3d = On, and the game is in DX11, all High (no MSAA). It's the Steam version of the game. No love.

6. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

It has 64-bit signed driver for many years. Use search please and let's avoid RT offtopic in this thread. Everything you need on installing an upodate with 64-bit driver for RT can be found in RT subforum.

Yes, D3DOverrider does that for DX8/9/10 applications. DX11 support will be added in future versions too.

7. Copey

Copey Guest

GPU:
    960 2GB
    IL test, once downloaded where do you put the files??

I tried overwriting my current RTS server version but get error's? Never done this before so sorry for the stupid q's.