Crysis performance DX9 DX10

Discussion in 'Benchmark Mayhem' started by MarkosDL, Feb 9, 2010.

1. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    Well yes and no,I have built a desk in a wall and set the computer far away from where I sit,so no noise 100% fan speed.
    Also the heat on the cards are no problem at all,5970 got maybe to 70 with crysis maxed out with 10.3 drivers.

Also sold my cards now waiting on Fermi or 5990 whatever is better.Just have little 5850 now LOL.

2. AlvinMaker

AlvinMaker Member Guru

GPU:
    2XEVGA GTX480 SC
    I just finished a "playthrough" of Crysis in Eyefinity- used a custom "high res texture/optimization" cfg, and got around 30fps average (Crysis seems to be CRAZY up and down 60 one minute, 25 the next...). I switched back and forth between 3150 x 1680-noaa, and the next res down from that, 2xaa. Both were not "blazing" by any stretch of the imagination, but my point being, it was very playable, and enjoyable.

Pretty crazy that I built a machine to slay Crysis (among other things of course :nerd: ), and then Eyefinity come along and drags me back down to the 30s! :banana:

3. Nevers

Nevers Member

GPU:
    AMD Radeon Sapphire 6990
    thanks alot! :)))

4. Hardware Killer

Hardware Killer Member Guru

GPU:
    7970 Lightning Quadfire
    I am not trying to argue with you rainmaker but tbh I got better results out of crysis with 4870x2 quadfire with a QX9560 @4Ghz than I do with an i7 at the same clockspeed, HT on or off, i dont have screenies anymore of the QX9650 results but I was dissapointed with crysis with an i7 using the same GPU's

5. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Have you tried updating your motherboards BIOS as it might have improved OC'ing functions...?

Also what cooler are you using on it? and does your case have good airflow?

factor in all these, better airflow, better cooler, and a newer BIOS could equal an overclock increase even if it just gets you an extra 200MHz it is still worth it.