The Guru3D S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky Thread #2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Cybermancer, Nov 21, 2008.

1. gaintbeam

gaintbeam Guest

Btw, running in DX10, I found that the visual difference between God Rays at "high" vs "low" is super-minimal at best. But the difference in fps can be as high as 10. I think this is a useful tip as I've found the game to be more playable at 40+fps rather than 30.

Also in your shortcut, you should try to use -smap4096 or -smap2048. 4096 was too high and killed my fps even on a 5870 but at 2048 the shadows were still much sharper than vanilla and the best part is this fixes the "shadow mesh" that sometimes appears on things like vehicles. Try adding -sjitter as well, the soft shadowing is not the best in the world but it gave me a 5 fps increase as well as an extra bit of visual increase for free.

2. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
  3. Decane

Decane Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6GB
    Hi everyone, I recently released v1.0.2 RC1 of the Sky Reclamation Project (CS community patch). If anyone is still playing this game, here is a link to the download thread on the official forums.

4. Texter

Texter Guest

GPU:
    Club3d GF6800GT 256MB AGP
    I can't seem to be able to download it without being forced to join up to a rather dodgy file host and giving it my phone number?!?

5. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    you must be clicking on the wrong thing. I didn't have to input anything but the captcha to download the file.

6. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    There's a red x in one of the corners, should give you the ability to skip the subscription stuff.

7. Texter

Texter Guest

GPU:
    Club3d GF6800GT 256MB AGP
    Ah...counting down. Thanks guys!

8. Labyrinth

Labyrinth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Tri-X R9 290 4G
    Does this fix the crash or failure to progress bug?
    I swear everytime I play this game I get to a point where it will just crash or the game refuses to progress, would be great to get into this game again but without getting disappointed when it starts bugging out after a while

9. Decane

Decane Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6GB
    The latest version of the SRP (v1.0.3) fixes almost all known crashes in the game, yes. There is one known crash that it doesn't fix (a waypoint crash in the Red Forest), but this only happens occasionally and is usually not a show-stopper because reloading a savegame typically gets rid of it.

10. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Does this fix that annoying stutter too? And is it compatible with this mod?

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Clear Sky + Complete 2012 v1.1.3

Although i didnt try it with my cpu yet

Last edited: Oct 4, 2013

11. Decane

Decane Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6GB
    No and no. Complete includes a very outdated version of the SRP (v1.0.0 or v1.0.1; not sure which) and will not be compatible with v1.0.2 or v1.0.3 (unless you make it compatible by merging a huge whack of files -- lots of work). But you can make your game look like Complete by adding third-party modules to the SRP, e.g. NMC's Graphics Pack and BlueShade's God Rays Mod, both of which you can find on Stalker Files.

Either that, or you can contact Paul Dolgov (the developer of Complete) and ask him to release an updated version including the latest SRP.