Bad Company 2 Randomly CTD

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by mistic, Mar 2, 2010.

1. mistic

mistic Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti FE
    OK This is the second time this has happen. I will be playing online and the game will just CTD.:biggun: I never had any issues via Beta at all. I anyone else having this issue:pc1:

BTW there is no error at all

Last edited: Mar 2, 2010
  2. tmsmith

tmsmith Member Guru

GPU:
    2x VisionTek HD 4870 512M
    You've probably already done this, but to try and help you out.

Try updating your video drivers; something that they may have tried to tweak during beta. Worth a shot if you haven't already done so.

3. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    Could it possibly be the old Punkbuster vs Rivatuner issue that was quite an issue during the days of BF2?

4. Talnoy

Talnoy New Member

GPU:
    XFX Geforce 9800 GTX+
    Hey, I'm new here but I was browsing the net and found this thread - figured I might stop in and take a look. Has anyone found a solution to this yet?

Mine crashes absolutely out of nowhere - sometimes I can play for 30 seconds, other times 30 minutes.

:bang:

Last edited: Mar 13, 2010

5. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    G1-GTX980@1400Mhz
    jup, happens here too...but not this often..

sometimes, absolut randomly..after 3 hours or 1 hour..the game goes to desktop. battlefield isnt running anymore and no error message...

i found out that lowering my CPU from 3.6 ghz to 3.5 ghz changed it so i can play 2-3 hours in a row..

but i dont really know if that was the prob, cause i have it back @ 3.6 ghz and no more crash..maybe its just an error in the game. or this happens when the game is overloaded with what ever and just is quitting...dunno, im not the pro here :)

greetz Beta

by the way...what OS are you using?
    cause i was reading that 64bit systems can make probs cause that game wasnt designed for 64bit, but that sounds kinda stupid i guess..^^

6. Austyn

Austyn Guest

just happened to me, i died (lol) and on the reload it just CTD, no error, no nothing.

7. Talnoy

Talnoy New Member

GPU:
    XFX Geforce 9800 GTX+
    ugh, i really wish EA would get off their collective ass and patch the game >_< too many people are corroborating this issue for it to be coincidence.

8. MrH2

MrH2 Banned

GPU:
    ATI 5850 @ 775/1125
    Bad Company 2 has major issues, I was getting BSODs all the time because of my GPU overclock, even though it's fine in every other game and stress test I've performed, have to play stock in that game.

Lots and lots of ATI errors also, like texture flickering, long load times etc. The game needs a serious patch and ATI need to bring out a new driver.

9. nonymous666

nonymous666 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Founders
    The game needs a constant connection to the EA server in order to continually update your stats. If it decides it can't contact the EA server any longer, it crashes to the desktop. No error is displayed.

10. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    G1-GTX980@1400Mhz
    where did you read that?

sounds reasonable^^

greetz^^

11. DeathDealer175

DeathDealer175 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX2080ti
    I had the same when i had DX10 set it would crash after 5-10mins of play if i changed to DX9 i could play up to nearly an hour.

12. FULMTL

FULMTL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AOC 27"
    Ok, I did some testing after this just released update.
    I was already crashing like mad before the patch, now after the patch I cant even load a game. I got fed up and just wanted to run the game vanilla, so I reinstalled it.
    I uninstall and resintall the game, tested before patch: OK, patch, tested: OK, and...its working fine now...? I will have to do more tests tomrw.
    But keep in mind that uninstalling the game will delete your singleplayer save....but even backing up the game save and replacing the default GameSettings.bin doesnt do anything. It will attempt to load the last save point but will always crash.

The only error I have right now is the gray background screen when I first jump into a match on the weapon selection. It goes away after you die though.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2010
  13. Labyrinth

Labyrinth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Tri-X R9 290 4G
    No, i played single player and it crashed to desktop i noticed its worse then using "resume game" which then forces you to use "new game" to stop the crashing so you cant continue from where you were

either way it needs a patch and its a game fault not anything else

14. Calef

Calef Master Guru

GPU:
    HIS HD5850
    CTD definitely has something to do with the server or at least your inet connection. When I am playing at a friend's place, we have totally different hardware (me using a laptop with i5 and 5670, him using a desktop with C2D and 9800GX2) and we always get the crash at the same time. Other users in a german forum are experiencing this the same way.

15. jed_tb

jed_tb Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 5870
    update to 186.86 solved all my problems.

16. tmsmith

tmsmith Member Guru

GPU:
    2x VisionTek HD 4870 512M
    Lovin' the new patch.

After glancing over the forums, I was a little reluctant to do it. :nerd: