Iphone over hyped!

Discussion in 'Digital Photography, Home and Portable Electronics' started by sony1978a, Feb 24, 2010.

1. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    of course i have, and quite frankly the iphone works fine as is out of the box.. all that hacking the phone did was make it prone to crash and freeze.. plus I have yet to even find any hacked apps that I would consider 'must have'.

as for the photo comparing the phones.. all I can say is lol
    no chargeable battery? no removable memory? what else is wrong with it, maybe the lack of built in speakers? maybe it sucks because you can't overclock it.. talk about trying to find faults.. the things on that list havent even crossed my mind!
    and some arent even true.. you can record video and copy paste using apps. and conveniently it failed to mention just how many more apps can accomplish tasks over other phones.

yknow if you dont like the phone and think there are others that do it better then great! why people are launching personal crusades against them is just laughable. its a phone ffs.. so what if no mms or videocall?? sheesh

2. sony1978a

sony1978a Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce GTX 780 OC
    look if nokia works out a way to make there phones OS faster and smoother,they will **** all over iphone. in terms of hardwar nokia so far is the best,but the OS on iphone is much faster and smoother then N97. I still think N97 is the best smart phone out there,

3. Alexstarfire

Alexstarfire Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce 9800GTX+ @ stock
    I think comparing it to the Wii is a very serious fail there. I actually bought mine before almost anyone had one so it's stupid to say that most people bought one just to fit in. Might apply now.... but not the year it came out. And if you're going to talk about crappy games, you got to talk about it across ALL the platforms. In which case they all seem a lot more similar, although the Wii has all the TV-show/movie games and we all know how much fail every single one of those are.

I want me a Nexus One..... soooooo nice, but soooo expensive unless you're on T-Mobile. And even then it's still expensive unless you have your own plan. Can't get the discounted price if you're on a family plan. That's super lame to me.

4. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    This is a fail post. Bad troll.

5. slickric21

slickric21 Guest

GPU:
    eVGA 1080ti SC / Gsync
    Little bit out of date that picture tbh, would be inaccurate to even use that in a disscussion about the present 3GS phone.

Can i send MMS ? yes,
    Can i record video ? yes
    Can i change memory cards ? no, why would I have 32gb of storage.
    Can i copy and paste ? yes
    Can i change battery ? No, but i've never had a phone or even a laptop before and bought a spare battery, so wouldn't start now.

Its a funny picture none the less:)

6. vbetts

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    You can change the battery, you just void the warrenty lol.

7. Merton

Merton Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX760 TF 2GD5/OC
    I agree, the iPhone is definitely over-rated.

Is it a good phone? Yes. However, I will take an Android device any day over the iPhone.

My biggest complaint about the iPhone is this: you can't use it in Linux unless you jailbreak it.

I'll just stick with Android, which lets me use my phone in linux, lets me multitask, and has an AWESOME sdk that is compatible with almost all of the google data API's. (Seriously, from a developer point of view [I am a software developer] Android is AWESOME.)

8. vbetts

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    QFT

That or WebOS.

9. King4x4

King4x4 Guest

GPU:
    4xSapphire 290x@1200mhz
    Did a couple of little tricks to order my Nexus One from the US (I live in the middle east) but it's by far the best purchase I had in a very long time.

Out of the box, Cracked it open wide (Jailbrake in Iphone terms) and updated it with a community ROM.. that took less then 10 mins. Main reason to enable local languages through a root copy. So many options, So many choices and so little time to do it with this gem.

Android >>>>>>> All

10. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Blackberry bold 9700 owner here, nothing but praise for this little device. it's fantastic :)

11. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    nokia has thousands of apps. so does blackberry.:stewpid:

12. Sash

Sash Ancient Guru

GPU:
    video
    Mr Bigtime you are a console fanboi and a apple lover :(
    me no love you anymoar

btw ever hear of java apps? thousands of phones have java and there are plenty of useful java apps

Last edited: Mar 3, 2010
  13. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    Ohh.iam so sad now..Sash, dont let these things break our relationship..ok i will change!!! from now on i will put my all consoles to garbage..and i will turn back to my Nokia E71 with symbian which is awesome..r we okay now? Dont let your love loose on me!!!

14. Sash

Sash Ancient Guru

GPU:
    video
    meh... kinda impressed i will meditate hard on a decision if i should be your friend or not

:D

15. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    :)

But the thing is..sad that u dont let me be happy with my "THINGIES"..i like iphone expecially for WEB SURFING.. i dont want to stay away from our forum. and i phone is a nice device that lets me visit our forum anywhere without a problem..easy and fast..

But anyway, multitasking on my awesome E71 with symbian is priceless..i record video with QIK and upload it to web live, and same time can chat on msn...and same time listen t radio..damn sweet..damn iphone never let it happen :(

16. Tat3

Tat3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Ti Super
    And use your phone as a PS3 controller (here)
    Or play amulated SNES games on phone which is connected to your TV and using PS3 controller (here).

Because you like consoles, I tought that you might like these videos. Room mate showed that PS3 controller stuff yesterday. doesnt seem to work with games yet (or his version did not work with those, but cool anyways) :)

17. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    haha interesting stuff ..a real nerd thing!

18. jmpnop

jmpnop Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 260 Core 216

Well blackberry also has alot of apps. Don't think they are so comparable to iPhone's 140,000 apps. And the touch response in iPhone is great. Nokia N97? Not so smooth. Finally it depends on personal choice and usage...don't just blame Apple, they have done a great job, maybe for the first time by making iPhone..

19. vbetts

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Just because the phone is a java phone, does not mean that it has a huge selection of apps. My old instinct s30 was a java phone but had next to nothing app wise. I gotta say though, I have a palm pre now, and it's way better than my old iphone. Posting with it now. :D

20. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    I was using a palm pre for the week before I bought my Iphone and I am happy I went with the Iphone.

For some reason the Palm just didn't feel right to me. I didn't like how it worked.. the gui seemed a bit sluggish to me, the keyboard on the bottom felt a bit cramped and the size of the screen just wasn't comparable to the Iphone.

In the end Iphone is just a better smartphone than most others, imo.
    Nokia is ok, but they're quality control has started to wain a bit.. I feel like they don't make their phones as bulletproof as they used to. Plus, I'm not a fan of the gui at all. I would take sony ericsson gui ANY day over nokias.

And regardless of what you guys think about how blackberry or nokia or whatever phone has so many apps, they still do not hold a flame to Iphone. Maybe a lot of the apps on Iphone are pointless, but there are tons of really great ones.
    The other phones will for sure catch up, but Iphone has been king of the hill for a while now. Just face facts people. Hype or no hype that is the reality of it..