Catalyst 10.3pre (8.71) leaked (Win7/Vista)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Ti3Kob, Feb 19, 2010.

1. AnthraxPants

AnthraxPants Banned

GPU:
    XFX 4890HD 1GB
    I get a frame rate issues now and then with the 4890 playing AvP3. The first few times I started the game with DX11 the game seemed to lock-up when the first level was about to load, requiring a hard reset.

No real problems with any other games, mainly just the odd slow down in Aliens Vs Predator. I might test 10.2 again with the hotfix this time and compare it with this set.

2. kitch9

kitch9 Guest

GPU:
    XFX 7990 3GB
    That's good fella. It means you have no earlier drivers in your cabs. You can sweep, clean and reboot all you want when it shows that.

3. Dr Tone

Dr Tone Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX Titan SC
    There is no default windows ATI driver for the 5 series cards, at least not in Windows 7 It might replace it with the standard VGA driver on reboot but it definately isn't going to install some default windows ATI driver.

So the key is make sure to uninstall the previous drivers before installing a new driver or your system will get littered with old drivers laying around, getting automatically reused on reboot.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2010
  4. luv2increase

luv2increase Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 480 - 800/1600/1900

Yes, it stops it from rolling back to the WDDM driver. Upon reboot after using Driver Sweeper, it will say Generic VGA Adapter for your GPUs. Also, your desktop and graphics will appear "THE SAME" as if you booted into Safe Mode.

You simply do not know what you are talking about, and here you clearly show that. There is no way getting out of this one. And then you have the audacity to call me a "genius"... wow :banana:

5. efTSjakie

efTSjakie New Member

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4870 1GB
    Alright im getting a LOT of bugs. My games won't start in 75 hz anymore. Now its just showing a small screen. Also on team fortress 2 im getting some green pixel overlay sometimes.

6. kitch9

kitch9 Guest

GPU:
    XFX 7990 3GB
    No it will not, man you are properly clueless. Driversweeper does not clean the cabs...... Drivercleaner did years ago but sweeper does not.

The only reason you ain't got one is you are using 5870's which was released after windows 7 so it won't have a wddm driver unless you download one from MS.

This discussion has nothing to do with you but the guys with earlier cards such as 4870x2 and whatnot.

http://hardforum.com/archive/index.php/t-1488446.html

7. luv2increase

luv2increase Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 480 - 800/1600/1900

If I uninstall my drivers like normal, my computer will restart with WDDM drivers! If I use Driver Sweeper after, they will then restart with Generic VGA Adapter. Of course they don't delete the WDDM drivers from the cabs! They just temporarily "prohibit" Windows from reinstalling the WDDM drivers!

I use Driver Sweeper every single time I install new drivers which is about 2 times a month. I think I know what I am talking about. You, on the other hand, don't believe in Driver Sweeper and obviously don't use it so how on earth do you think you know what in the world it does and does not do? :banana:

8. Razorrig

Razorrig Banned

GPU:
    HD 5870 Xfire 1025mhz
    You wanna know something else? back a couple of months ago I was benching a HD 5870 against my GTX 275 and I cant tell you how many times I switched back and forth between the two cards all on the same OS while using driver sweeper. I never had a minutes trouble and yet I know so many people who say that they have to format their HD and start all over again when switching video card camps and as usual when I ask them if they are using a driver cleaner along with a registry cleaner they say no.

9. kitch9

kitch9 Guest

GPU:
    XFX 7990 3GB
    http://corleone.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=310277

I've got loads of these.

10. skunksmash

skunksmash Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 5970 + GTX260
    im running 10.3 BETA & still showing Cat 9.12 in GPUZ..??

ive installed the WHQL offerings that came before this one too, & still it reads 9.12

[​IMG]

im sure i read about a fix somewhere..??

:)

11. yelsewshane

yelsewshane Banned

GPU:
    Sapphire VaporX 290
    Just use the ccc to unistall the current driver & then reboot and reinstall the new drivers and no problems :) You don't need driver cleaner etc etc It's simple! just follow the directions

12. izikog

izikog Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 6950@70 910/1400
    when will ATI release a driver update with gains like in the latest NVIDIA driver release... >10% and more... ATI gains from 3-5%... ATI really should put more efforts in driver development

13. Sevenz

Sevenz Active Member

GPU:
    ATI HD4870 512MB
    Maybe NVIDIA shouldn't have released such a slow driver to begin with. That's called sandbagging.

14. LinkDrive

LinkDrive Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Toaster
    Get off your E8200 and you might start seeing better results.

15. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    I don't think he will see any difference in duo games,only in quad games and if the cpu is overclocked otherwise he will be bottlenecked.

16. kitch9

kitch9 Guest

GPU:
    XFX 7990 3GB
    The facepalm is strong with this one.....

17. LinkDrive

LinkDrive Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Toaster
    That's not the point I was trying to make. The point is that he's bottlenecking his video card with that CPU.

To give you a basic idea of how much bottleneck there probably is, first take a look at Hilbert's review of the 5850. Take note that he's using an i7 965 at 3.75GHz.

My results in RE5 @ 1920x1080 with disabling the second GPU were 77.9 FPS, Hilbert's was 100 @ 1920x1200 at the same settings. Keep in mind that I did not lower my video card's OC to stock speeds, and that Hilbert was using release drivers.

Point in case, there's yet another person blaming ATI for their own inability to build a proper system with the results they desire.

18. izikog

izikog Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 6950@70 910/1400
    hahahahaha my cpu is bottlenecking? I am blaming ATI? not really... I just pointed out that would be really happy to see such an improvement on our cards! I am happy with my sistem and I am very able to built and setup a desktop pc... my gpu 3d vantage score is in the mid 16000 and I play all games maxed out with no problem... and I am happy with ATI at the moment I am not a fan of any side I just buy when I am buying best performance/EUR... my lettle opinion is that ATI could do some better work on drivers

19. LinkDrive

LinkDrive Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Toaster
    If that's your opinion then so be it, but don't go around saying "ATI needs to better their drivers" when the issue is blatantly caused by your insufficient CPU.

20. VenoMaizeR

VenoMaizeR Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix RX480OC 8gb
    Got a Sapphire 4890 Vapor-X oc here, no problems with this drivers set. Runs very nice no issues at all...nice ones... (running on win7 64):banana: