Why does Catalyst hate AB?

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by rony794, Feb 25, 2010.

1. rony794

rony794 Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 5970@1ghz
    I`ve got a problem with running an AB overclock in 3dmark`s. I`m runnig my CPU at 4.08ghz and everything`s fine when the GFX card is at stock. When I load my AB profile (1000/1200), and start 3dmark06, it goes trough the first test Return to the Proxycon, but freezes at the very end of the test. Then I get a black screen for about 30 secs and it returns to windows and a window pops up: ATI display driver was not responding and has recovered. I tried Vantage then and it crashed in the first second after displaying the first Jane Nash loading screen, but this time it was a full lockup. I`ve also tried running 06 twice, but it was the same scenario - crash after the first test, then locked up on the loading screen. I`m sure both my GPU and CPU oc`s are completely stable. Is it possible that the drivers crash because of the AB profile switching?

2. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    or your oc isnt stable? whats your vcore for 1000ghz?

3. kitch9

kitch9 Guest

GPU:
    XFX 7990 3GB
    What makes you think your overclock is stable? Everything you've posted makes it sound like you've got the most unstable overclock in the world.

4. rony794

rony794 Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 5970@1ghz
    I`ve got 1.26V stable for 1ghz on the card and it`s stable for 15min Kombstor stress testing + multiple hours of gaming. The CPU is also tested and I can safely complete the tests with my CPU OC`ed, only the GFX OC is causing me problems.

5. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    ahh well if your games are stable then enjoy the card plus oc. i know that probably isnt the answer u are looking for but i wouldnt sweat it..

mm let me guess your score is 21k? :)

havent run a 3dmarkvantage for years as actual game perf and framerate plus temps interests me more.

6. kitch9

kitch9 Guest

GPU:
    XFX 7990 3GB
    15mins of Kombuster is not enough. My card will pass 3 hours at 1Ghz on the GPU and multiple rounds of vantage. then all of a sudden I'll randomly get artifacting after a 8 or so hours gaming.

That's not stable.