Missing DX11 features in AVP.

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Remekra, Feb 20, 2010.

1. zer0_c0ol

zer0_c0ol Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FuryX cf
    I AM A PIRATE SUE ME

no i am not but just wanted to bash this thread to the ground :)

2. mao5

mao5 Guest

hey, guys, a new perfect xxx is out from Russia,pls google

I can engjoy my DX11 4xAA and Advanced Shadow NOW!:banana:

3. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
  4. The Chubu

The Chubu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX560 TwinFrozrII OC
    Noooooooooooo!!! (Vader EP3 voice) thats what te EVIL companies want you to do! To get sick of missing features and buy the original! You fell in the web, you crossed the line. YOU killed bunny, bunny DIDNT deserve to DIE :cry:

5. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Evil companies? How over dramatic.
    They are no more evil than the people who stole a game that a team of developers worked their arse off on, and could be out a job if the game doesn't sell well.

6. undeadpolice

undeadpolice Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX980 K|NGP|N (SLI)
    LOL his dude is in every forums saying the some thing.

7. The Chubu

The Chubu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I thought that i was clear when i mentioned the bunny thing. Is like 70% over reaction and 30% of what i think. But well, game developers have a pay, fixed pay, no matter how awesome or crappy is the game that they made. And the people that work, programmers, dont even do what they want to do, only what they are told to do. Just like all employgees. Or do you think "that thieve stole that ford car, oh! poor illegal inmigrant guy who assembled it in the factory, it could break his heart!" It is like that since the video game morphed into a massive industry. It started with a very few people doing what they wanted to do, and then included economical conceps and bang! It became the same as any other industry. Being cars, movies, or videogames.

But well, if for you they're all "evil" all right then, is better than most of the stuff that i read of martyr = developer/publisher - evil incarnate = pirates.

Any way, i still think that bunny didn't deserve to die. Sadly, its fairly dead now.

8. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Well thats the thing, so will appeal to that 30%, since the dev's are already paid no matter the success, its not like the Publishers can unpay them, so either they get sacked, or the company goes bust and the publishers find someone else.

It's not ideal for developers, especially the smaller ones, as if a game is succesful they don't get a cut of the profits, and if it doesn't, then they get pointed to the door.

Poor little GRIN went that way last year, not that i was a fan of their games, but still sad to see a small company go under.

9. Paulo Narciso

Paulo Narciso Guest

GPU:
    ASUS Strix GTX 1080 Ti
    Yeah, the truth is hard to accept, deal with it.

10. gx-x

gx-x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti Phoenix
    Buy the game ;)

11. gx-x

gx-x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti Phoenix
    With original it works fine, when "no-cd" is applied it has that "bug". Proof enough? ;)

12. Wolfskin07

Wolfskin07 Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti
    With all honesty guys:

Is Alien Vs Predator 3 worth the money for the single player campaign? I was a big fan of the earlier games, especially when playing with the marines, it scared the **** out of me lol.
    Graphics wise is DX11 any good in this game? How about gameplay?

Sorry for the off-topic and I hope some of you can help me decide!

Wolfskin07

13. JamieK

JamieK Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 480GTX
    its totally true, the dodgey version is using a earlier version, a beta version, you could say.

The legit version is fully functional with all features and performance.

----------------------------

Wofskin07, the game is totally worth it, compared to the other marine campaigns, the marine one in this game is far more scary, since it is more harder, then its far more darker and you HAVE to have your light on at all times, since its mostly pitch black.

14. Wolfskin07

Wolfskin07 Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti
    =D =D
    Sounds excellent^^ I'm gonna get the game from steam tonight and see for myself then ^^

Thx for the feddback mate!

Wolfskin07

15. Maximus7724

Maximus7724 Guest

GPU:
    AMD 7950 PCS+ @ 1150/1500

Graphics=V.Good
    Gameplay=Good

Not as good as the original.
    Nowhere near as scary.

I wouldnt pay full price for it.

16. Wolfskin07

Wolfskin07 Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti
    I can get it for €25 on the net.

Do you think it's worth it at this price?

Wolfskin07

17. Sutura

Sutura Master Guru

GPU:
    Palit GT210 0.5/1680x1050
    Whether you are going to buy the game or download a torrent with it's your choise. Torrent of course is pure theft, no matter what one say. It's a theft, but i Would downlaod it to try it out, if I had a graphics card :)

18. The Chubu

The Chubu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Yeah, but fedding money to big companies and letting them do whatever they want just for the sake that little developers have a chance is a measure of fear rather than reason. If you did the opposite, all small developers could have a chance anyway, obiously, things would go bad for a lot of people in short term, but with little time it would go up again, besides, this industry moves fast, the "chaos time of sacrifice" wouldn't last too much, a few years, 4 or 5. But that requires massive concensus in what to do, so everyone acting alone in base of this "fear" is far of the better thing to do, that is everyone acting as a whole. But then you drop in the "lose of individuality" that everyone fears also. hehe. Anyway. Better to not do offtopic :) I see your point (i suppose) and i think that you're right, i only think that is a short term solution.

Ontopic. I'll try to get this game when i have the HD5770. Do you thing that i could run it at max settings plus 2x AA in 1280x1024 with that card?

Last edited: Feb 27, 2010
  19. sideeffect

sideeffect Master Guru

GPU:
    FE 3070
    I would wait to hear if the dedicated server is really coming for the PC on Monday 1st March. If its not I wouldn't buy it because the current multiplayer system sucks and not many people will play soon. Single player is only about 6 - 8 hours long.

20. KyleStilkey

KyleStilkey Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 6800 XT N+
    You can max that game out even more with that card man.