**The HD5770 Thread**

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by keenan, Nov 7, 2009.

1. El1jonmc

El1jonmc Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 1060 3GB OC
    Hey guys, new to the club! got me a bad ass budget pc and it included a *drum roll!!!!* 5770! im very happy with my new pc as i can play amost any game on high! (including crysis,no aa) heres 2 pics from my setup

cpu at 3206
    vid card at 960/1305

2. Covert

Covert Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus HD 5770 1000/1300

no but it would be worth you upgrading to a 5850 or 5870, the 5770 is fast as a 4870 so its pointless going down that road.

3. Covert

Covert Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus HD 5770 1000/1300

Very nice mate :)

4. Covert

Covert Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus HD 5770 1000/1300
    Ok quick question about temps, whats the MAX temp i should let this card get to ?

i just had it at 91 degree's Voltage 1.2 Core 1000/ mem 1350 using Kombuster max heat.

5. DSK

DSK Banned

GPU:
    HD5770/BenQ G2220HD
    90c is fine though i've never hit that myself.

Max i've hit is 83c in crysis.

6. Covert

Covert Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus HD 5770 1000/1300
    Ahhh good thats not bad then considering Kombuster keeps it at 99% GPU load.

i dont think ill be needing to push it anymore......im happy :)

7. TV addict#2

TV addict#2 Maha Guru

GPU:
    EvgaGtx680+HPLP-3065
    I found a good deal on an xfx one with the old style cooler to replace a 3870,should be a nice upgrade

8. sajibjoarder

sajibjoarder Master Guru

GPU:
    gtx 1080 FE
    when i overclock my vram speed @ 1409mhz my win 7 rating shows 6 but when i run it @ 1400 it shows 7.5. btw i'm running 1000core/1400ram @ 1.3 volt. cant i go further. caz when i go @ 1050core it shows artifacts. btw i'm using a xfx 5770

http://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/5y8rp/

Last edited: Feb 22, 2010
  9. srbm

srbm New Member

GPU:
    ASUS EAH5770 1 GB
    Hi everyone,

First post and first major rebuild - motherboard, cpu, ram, gpu, psu, main HDD & XP to Windows 7.

I've had a few problems with the GPU - ASUS EAH5770.

1. Initially everything was installed with the provided CD drivers and it was stable for a day. The screen then froze black, requiring a reset when I tried to run 3DMark Vantage. When it came back up it reverted to the Motherboard onboard graphics and wouldn't recognise the graphics card.
    - I tried re-installing the drivers and various other things - no joy. In the end I re-installed W7 etc from scratch and updated the motherboard BIOS as I'd seen suggesterd elsewhere.

2. After another day the system locked again upon restart after installing something (sorry can't remember what now). Tried uninstalling/re-installing CD drivers & utilities then uninstalling & installing latest motherboard, ASUS & ATI CCC drivers & utilities. Used Driver Sweeper & CCleaner from this point on. Not a lot of luck or locked again in under 2 hours.
    - Re-installed W7 from scratch with old 9800GT.

3. System was relatively stable but user unhappy. :/ Investigated further and found reference to possible problems with old PSU being underpowered on the 12V rails (Thermaltake TR2-500) and bought the new one.
    - Re-installed W7 from scratch with EAH5770 & latest downloaded drivers & utilities.

4. Unstable. Through much trial and error have discovered that the system is relatively stable if I only install the ATi ccc v10.2 suite and don't install the ASUS SmartDoctor & OSD. However:
    - Motherboard monitoring & clocking utility ET6 doesn't find/recognise the card/drivers.
    - Neither does 3DMark Vantage (locks but doesn't go to motherboard graphics on reset) & their website does not find/recognise the graphics card.
    - After entering password on W7 startup the systems takes an additional 30-40s to come into windows with the message "Desktop window manager stopped working and was closed". Normally goes to a blue screen for a few seconds inbetween.

On the plus side Internet explorer, the office applications and games that I've tried have worked - Company of Heroes & Mass Effect. I'm just not certain if I'm getting the performance increase that I should:
    CoH
    Build 1 - everything maxed => minimum 33 fps using game benchmark [didn't note rest]
    Build 4 - everything maxed => minimum 2.9 fps [occasionally 27?], avg 56.5, max 60.3

Is this reasonable? What are other people getting with an i5-750 & any 5770? Keenan?

The problems interfacing with different programs would appear to be driver related but I don't know what step to take next. Having only replaced one component at a time before in my old system whether GPU, ram or nvidia GPUs I've never had these kinds of problems. Is this a normal level of hassle for a 3 month old ATi GPU with fixes coming out in due course or should I just send the card back use my old 9800GT in the meantime and wait for the new nvidias to come out? Alternatively is it hardware and should I ask for a replacement 5770 card or am I likely to have the same problems? I contacted the ASUS technical support e-mail system last week but no response yet.

I bought all this expensive kit so that I could play games not spend hours re-re-installing and surfing the net trying to figure this all out so any help that could get this system up and running and me back to playing games would be much appreciated.

Sorry if this has rambled somewhat, fed up and running a fever. Off to bed but will be back tomorrow.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2010
  10. offmarsboy

offmarsboy Member

GPU:
    HD5850 @ 850/1200mhz
    how much v is recomended for 1000mhz clock and 1350 mems clock? is it cool with the reference cooler?

11. DSK

DSK Banned

GPU:
    HD5770/BenQ G2220HD
    Well most cards can varie but 1.2-1.25v is a good start.

Should be ok with a reference.

12. zomb69

zomb69 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670 OC/3Dsyncmaster
    definatly a nice upgrade... i upgraded from a 3870X2 and games have never been better, most impresed with this card.

13. El1jonmc

El1jonmc Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 1060 3GB OC
    what you guys think?? should i take the mem higher? should i unlock voltage? the card runs pretty cold, i ran the software that comes with msi burner, and it hit 59c max

14. chile

chile Master Guru

GPU:
    P-Color HD5770
    i can play ME2 fine but it kicks back to windows when playing NFS Shift...at stock settings

15. sajibjoarder

sajibjoarder Master Guru

GPU:
    gtx 1080 FE
    i'm using 1ghz core with 1.2v, even with 1.3 volt i cant achieve 1050. at 1.35 i can achieve 1050 mhz but artifacts occurs.

can u help? i'm using xfx 5770 standrad cooling ...

16. redgiwrgos

redgiwrgos Member

GPU:
    Sapphire Vapor-X HD 5770
    Hey guys!It's my first post so I wanna say hello!
    I bought my Sapphire Vapor-X 5770 just before christmas now it's time for overclocking!
    My card runs stably @ 960/1350 with default voltage.
    And with 1.164V it's stable enough to run vantage @ 1008/1301.
    [​IMG]
    But I have a problem.I can play very well any game except for FIFA 10!I play can play DiRT 2 without any problem but still FIFA 10 runs problematically.I think this may be a bug of the game, or a bottleneck of the system.What do you think?

17. El1jonmc

El1jonmc Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 1060 3GB OC
    i cant get past 960 on the core? tried raising voltage to 1.280 and nothing... shall i try raising voltage to 1.3? i do have the memory at 1325 no problem. do i have an older version of msi burner? do i need to flash bios to get past 960? help

18. DSK

DSK Banned

GPU:
    HD5770/BenQ G2220HD
    960 is the CCC limit

tick unoffical overclocking in the afterburner menu.

19. MarkosDL

MarkosDL Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 6750XT Dual OC
    καλησπέρα φίλε have you tried to uninstall the game then install it again (im sure you have but just to be sure)? you can also try and download the latest patches for the game if theres any improvement

20. El1jonmc

El1jonmc Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 1060 3GB OC

i tried that, and i raised the voltage to 1.28 and still stuck at 960. I read the first post and it looks like i might have to flash my bios to asus bios. Dont feel like doing that now, might leave it at 960/1325.