Worst Musician in the last 10 years

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Devolution, Feb 17, 2010.

1. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    The reason so many people have such poor taste in music, is because most just hear it, they don't listen to it.

They also don't value sound quality either, most stuff has the dynamic range compressed when shoved on the CD, then its compressed to mp3, and often some sort of normalization too.
    By the time it gets to their ears, its just noise.

2. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    idk those guys wail in concert + they are good musicains you know.
    some songs might sound alot alike but thats thier style/sound

i say yoko ohno(sic) very bad music indeed.

3. Mr_ALLroy

Mr_ALLroy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    I would have to say all of those "Emo, pussy, disco wanna be, so called alternative" bands that poison the airwaves these days. What happened to Rock'n'Roll? There's no "Angst", just whiney pap.
    Flame on...:banana:

4. nvlddmkm

nvlddmkm Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX285
    Unless this topic is started by a musician whom has stage, recording, writing, arrangement, production, tour planning, and content distribution experience, this topic is relegated to, "Who do you not like". Unless any poster has performed as a professional musician, the posts are relegated to "I agree" or "I disagree" or "I like" or "I don't like."

Really, what is to be gained by a topic like this besides the usual popularity contest?

5. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
  6. Devolution

Devolution Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5850 Radeon HIS 1024MB
    And what's not gained by venting slight frustration that dreck like Ke$ha is constantly spoon fed on the radio and public places...like the gym? We all have the right to bitch about something and at this time, I prefer to bitch about god awful music that I know the kids today idolize.

7. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    No.

NO.

Nickelback has completely nerfed what respect I have for the music industry.. especially here in Canada.

At one point I was freshfaced, ready to break into the recording industry with a degree in sound engineering. Then I realized what is actually happening in today's industry and I turned around and RAN.. not walked away.

One good song could never undo the scores of horrible public performances, terrible vocals, cookiecutter lyrics and just plain bad musical creations.
    Like many bands, their first album was gold. And then the record company came in and said "hey, we want all your forthcoming albums to sound like this" and so that's what they did.
    Why do you think people think them as sellouts? Because that's exactly what they did..

8. nvlddmkm

nvlddmkm Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX285
    I agree! Some stuff blows. But most popular musicians are hired by record labels to do what the labels deems necessary to "sell". So what you/me/they/I/you/u/them/us/ect ad infinitum...would perceive as to suck comprimises of a multitude of factors unknown by the general music "listener" whom is a universe away from the music writer and performer.

9. Devolution

Devolution Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5850 Radeon HIS 1024MB
    Except, you/me/us/them/i spend our/your/mine/his/hers money to support them since they perform to entertain us, hence the word entertainer.

So you/me/us/them/i have every right to criticize the direction or lack of direction with music.

10. faded

faded Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte HD7970 OC
    Nickelback have almost single handedly lost my respect for modern rock music.

11. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2010
  12. Renegade8100

Renegade8100 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 SC
  13. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    look away from the light....

14. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    nickleback effed up the whole rock scene. That is an epic fail among a much lesser fail being Yoko.

Nickleback and the single fact that they are popular (wtf?) is the biggest fail of all time. And yes, they are scratch my eyeballs and rip my ears off bad.

15. Renegade8100

Renegade8100 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 SC
    its cause of me.. i kinda like nickelback. i enjoy mindless generic rock. they can be autotuned and sing about clubbing baby seals for all i care

16. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    yeah i understand the sellout thing but being from canada i'd be more pissed at rush.. if its played on a radio station with adverts then its sell out so its bad music?not always.
    the rockstar vid is cool they got gretsky,gene simmons,freakin jr. and hot blonde chicks wtf? just cus it was overplayed overdone dont make um bad guys.
    not that i even follow that band in the slightest

17. DSK

DSK Banned

GPU:
    HD5770/BenQ G2220HD
    Sellout but good music?

MOBY....

18. Terrorizor

Terrorizor Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX260 SC
    i would probably rate nickelback somewhere around 'glorified bar band' .

and more like yoko oh-NO!

but , you know what band always annoyed the p!ss out of me though ......not as bad as yoko ono.....but still pretty bad.... korn .

19. Passion Fruit

Passion Fruit Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    Muse overrated... jesus christ, get a clue :nerd:

20. Leafblower

Leafblower Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 760 SLI
    Luckily none of the artists I like were listed.:grad: