No voltage tweak with cat 10.2

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by Princess_Frosty, Feb 18, 2010.

1. Princess_Frosty

Princess_Frosty Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX580 Twin Frozr II
    I've had to mess around uninstalling and installing stuff all tonight to get the new cat 10.2 package working, messing about uninstalling visual web developer since there are STILL bugs with that and installing the cats...anyway thats a different problem.

I've gone to reinstall the 1.41 version of Afterburner I've been running without problems but now I cannot change the core voltage on my 5970, everything else seems to be OK except for the shader clock which has never worked!

I've just tried 1.50 as well and it's not working there either, this was all fine before tonights updates.

Im running Win7 x64 with full admin privilages, any advice?

2. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti
    gradually increase the slider, i volt increased and clicked apply but it reset, so i increased it a bit gradually and got it back upto 1.23 volts

Im on afterburner 1.4 btw

You cannot change the shader clocks on ATI cards

Last edited: Feb 18, 2010
  3. Princess_Frosty

GPU:
    MSI GTX580 Twin Frozr II
    I can't the whole voltage slider is grayed out, and doesn't have a value in the box on the right either.

It used to work fine so something has changed and broken it, i've tried a reinstall of afterburner both the 1.41 which previously worked fine and the 1.50 and both have the same problem.

4. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti
    did you make sure "EnableUnofficialOverclocking = 1" is set in the MSIAfterburner.cfg file in the Afterburner install directory? i know it shouldnt be affected with a Catalyst upgrade but just to make sure.

5. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

RTFM! From v1.5.0 release notes:

- Now voltage control is also locked by default in safety options in advanced
    MSI Afterburner properties

6. Princess_Frosty

GPU:
    MSI GTX580 Twin Frozr II
    OK thank you. It wasn't very obvious but i should have read the patch notes I guess, thanks.

7. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

No problem, glad that you've got it working