My Simple 64-Bit Solution

Discussion in 'ATI Tray Tools' started by ReD-SpideR, Feb 5, 2010.

?

Did this Script Work for YOU?

1. Yes

60.0%
  2. No

20.0%
  3. Kind of

20.0%
  1. ReD-SpideR

ReD-SpideR New Member

GPU:
    ATI FirePro V8750
    User's who use 64-Bit machines that have encountered the problem when starting the ATI Tray Tools.

This is a script I put together to properly run the service, then the ATI tray tools in the correct fashion on Windows Startup, That way we don't have to manually do the step's when rebooting.

This has only been tested on my Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit.

Please if this works for you, Let me know and post your Operating System as well.

Also, Can I request a MOD sticky this as a simple fix for 64 Bit issue.

File:
    http://www.AndreaMele.com/3DGuru/AtiToolStart.zip
    Enjoy!

- Andrea.

SIDE NOTE:
    I still get a bunch of "errors" sometimes when the script runs, but when u close the msg window and such, it still works out.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2010
  2. acebmxer

acebmxer Member Guru

GPU:
    xFx ATI 5850 760/1113
    I have no start up problems with ATI tray tools v1.6.9.1472 with win 7 x64. What start up problems are you having?

3. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Didn't encounter a problem with Windows 7 x64 starting this service by itself.
    Maybe your problem is UAC related?

4. Del_Boy

Del_Boy Banned

GPU:
    MSI R9 290 (2560x1600)
    Using vista 64 bit and it didn't work for me sorry, i disabled uac and then windows asked for signed driver again so its back to square one, so i still cant use tray tools only crappy ccc !!!!!!!!

5. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    You can disable that too.
    I don't remember where in the registry it is, using a large bat file for setting up my windows these days.
    The problem is that driver signing costs a good amount of money, and the way the ATI drivers are made won't allow tweaking without an additional driver added.
    The thing that I find most annoying is that ATI doesn't open up for some of the functions via CCC like Nvidia does.
    Which would make the coding, installation and use of a tool like ATT easy too.
    Hence, for some cases you wouldn't even need ATT, like automatic user set game profiles.
    So can't really blame Ray for it, it's the red guys that do things their way.

EDIT: Just came to remember that you can disable driver signing via F8 upon boot for a session.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2010
  6. pogostickio

pogostickio Master Guru

GPU:
    DannyD's GTX 1080ti