Catalyst 10.1 (ATI)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by rflair, Jan 27, 2010.

1. kitch9

kitch9 Guest

GPU:
    XFX 7990 3GB
    A retards fact maybe....

2. death_samurai

death_samurai Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit 970 GTX jetstream
    yeah i redownloaded and everything and installed it and it's 9.12

3. death_samurai

death_samurai Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit 970 GTX jetstream
    LOL so ur calling urself a retard?

Hey that makes 2 of us. :banana::banana::banana::)

4. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    what a nice way to talk about some drivers :puke2:

5. Reclusive781

Reclusive781 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6700(non-xt)
    10.1 hotfix works fine for me :bigsmile:

6. lenne

lenne Guest

GPU:
    1080 GTX Gainward
    I just wanted to insult somebody !

..oh over already...

sad troll is sad.

7. Usl

Usl Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte HD5870
    Re-intall video drivers

I've reinstalled the drivers at about 10 min. And my monitor does not enter on power saving mode, just goes blank like if it was a screen saver.

Does this happen to anyone?
    Monitor is a LG studioworks 900b CRT 2048X1536 Max resolution.

Downloaded from ATI.

8. Usl

Usl Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte HD5870
    Is there anybody out there?

9. Usl

Usl Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte HD5870
    So no problem with power saving...

Last edited: Feb 6, 2010
  10. Swift-R

Swift-R Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 970 Strix
    Flight Simulators still bugged with these drivers. The far textures are too much blurred even with 2x AA and 8x AF. I don't know if this is only happening with the ATi HD 4 series.

I know it started to happen since the release of the drivers for Dirt2 fix.

11. Usl

Usl Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte HD5870
    (remember you are on ATI driver forum, with a "Nvida" card on specs and asking about HD4***** things with AA + ANISO)

NEW DRIVERS DO CRAZY THINGS, and some nice to just try!

My Dirt2 did' nt update nothing, it's running well even with this STRING story of the new 10.1 drivers, that i've manualy RE RE RE installed, updated, hotfixed ....

About Fly Simulator i can´t help :(
    Try to compensate with more resolution and less AA + ANISO (lucky guess)

Last edited: Feb 7, 2010
  12. Swift-R

Swift-R Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 970 Strix
    I've switched from an HD4890 to a free GTX260 because of this issue with Flight Simulator and the new drivers. So I am trying to find out if someone finds a fix so I can switch back to the HD4890 again since it is a lot better.

13. Usl

Usl Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte HD5870
    Never found someone that made fix's (patch's) for devices specifically.
    My guess is that people find out some how to tweak and tune Hardware on they systems like,

It´s a driver question...
    Uninstall everything, grab a program from the internet to clean your system regestry... "jv16 "is a powered one!
    Do some restore points just to make the point, you don't lose your system boot capability.

In the past i changed from "Nvidea" do ATI, best thing i´ve done was to wipe the SYS!
    Great performance came!

hey!! no Guru's at guru3D today, sorry....
    Oi ! estamos na mesma TERRA :D

14. Usl

Usl Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte HD5870
    Just to say this....
    power DVD & HDMI
    Funtastic great color....
    Creative not supporting DTS <---------- you will never eat from me PIGs
    (nice assistance to replace products, great push to the community) you fail in the End !
    if it was config. by jumper´s i wood made IT.

HUNGRY MONEY GIMP'S

15. stenelaus

stenelaus Master Guru

GPU:
    HIS Radeon4650 1GB PCIE
    when i installed them i did feel a slight Mass Effect 2 fps boost and no sluggish mouse movement (i know what computer...) and The Saboteur ran MUCH better while raining!
    cheers ATI!

16. Scerate

Scerate Guest

GPU:
    2080@2.1/1070N@2.0
    Thats right the 10.1 Hotfix Drivers are even better imho, they completely fixed any 2D issues with my 5870 (only artifacting but whatever) without doing anything now with CCC Profiles, and Mass Effect 2 is running great with 8x AA (Multi-sample Adapt Antialiasing). 4x Supersampling Antialiasing stutters like hell dunno why :3eyes: but whatever.

17. darrenj

darrenj Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090
    Driver Packaging Version 8.69.3.1-100201a-095194E-ATI
    Catalyst™ Version 10.1
    Provider ATI Technologies Inc.
    2D Driver Version 8.01.01.994
    2D Driver File Path /REGISTRY/MACHINE/SYSTEM/ControlSet001/Control/CLASS/{4D36E968-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}/0001
    Direct3D Version 8.14.10.0723
    OpenGL Version 6.14.10.9252
    Catalyst™ Control Center Version 2010.0201.2211.39801

Better perfomance with Avatar, Batman AA and Dirt 2 for me. The gray screen is still there after the screen saver shuts down, albeit not as gray as before.
    I do not know what that means exactly.

I am toying with the idea of a clean reinstall of the drivers via safe mode with Driver Cleaner. Is this required?

18. Feneeth of Borg

Feneeth of Borg Member Guru

GPU:
    HP ENVY RTX 2080 LM
    You where using only 2xAA and 8xAF? AA won't make textures less blurry, as it only smoots out edges, but 16xAF likely will fix it. Dude, I may not be playing Dirt2, but I think you should be able to handle higher settings than that with a 4890. I'm rocking 8xAA and 16xAF and even freeware looks great at 1280x1024 (1360x1024 if the game supports it) for my 2600 XT and my fps is very decent, I actually give props to AMD, they fixed an issue in which my refresh rate always changed to 60Hz when I played full-screen.

19. cb99

cb99 Member

GPU:
    msi gtx 980 ti
    Well have not been logged in here since 08-27-2005, and have not updated my profile yet maybe not much meaning.........
    (have had a peek at times nevertheless)

So,
    To you guru status guys, this is some sad stuff to see and don't you wonder why the post count from the few times I have look here do drop?

I am a loooong time gamer and I am still on XP, I do think you missing the point of sharing a community and the meaning by that or is it all about latest greatest buggiest setup to get running or is it about most stable setup to be able to game for 12h straight without reboot, for me at least it's the later.

---

---

I will now make a Battlefield Bad Company 2 Beta best driver setting/version thread, feel free and come and bash me there ;)

-cb99

20. Jovial

Jovial New Member

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4670
    Have any of you come across the error message of "Failed to load detection driver" when trying to update your drivers? I have a 4670 and anytime I try to go to 10.1, I get that message.

I have tried any number of things involving uninstalling and reinstalling via safe mode, not safe mode, etc. I called support and they were no help, only saying that apparently my "workaround" of downloading the realtek HDMI drivers to actually get sound over HDMI was working, so I should not be concerned anymore. (I thought I was supposed to do this, so I don't get why it is a "workaround").

I have even taken the card out, reinstalled everything for my old card, got it working, and then put the 4670 back in. I still get the "Failed to load detection driver"

The only help googling the problem offered was a suggestion to download "Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package (x86) from here (or the x64 version from here)." Which did not work.

Yes, I'm a noob, yes, I am running XP, etc., etc. However, I have tried to do my due diligence with google, calling tech support, and generally tinkering with this card for 3 days to try and get it to work before I bothered you guys. So any help or advice would be awesome.

EDIT: The card does appear to generally be working and I am getting sound at the moment. However, not being able to update the drivers later seems like a "bad thing" (tm), so I'd like to figure out what is happening if I can.