Official Mass Effect 2 Thread

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stukov, Jan 24, 2010.

1. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    SPOILERS!

Well I felt like there was no real enemy in the game at all. I mean, in the first one you had Saren, Benezia, and Sovereign. They had names, they had characters, they had an entire race of bad guys that covered dozens of planets across the galaxy.

Mass Effect 2 has some no named Collector leader guy who plays absolutely no major role in the game at all besides saying "This doesn't change anything Shepard!" The Collectors themselves are pretty boring, I mean you only see them take over one planet in the entire game, from what I remember anyway and if there was another time it couldn't have been too significant. The whole game I was like "so why am I fighting these guys again?". Then at the end I'm expecting some awesome fight with the leader, but no, you don't get to fight him at all, instead you fight some giant human shaped Reaper thing they threw in at the last minute - and honestly, why is it human shaped? I mean what were the Reapers going to do with that? Have it swim through space to attack planets? Seems retarded.

Dunno, I played the first one through like 9x, loved it every single time. This one I played once and just wasn't nearly as impressed as I was when I played the first. Maybe the decisions I made, made it less interesting. But to me a proper antagonist is what drives a story forward, this game just lacked in that area.

2. Stukov

Stukov Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6970/4870X2 (both dead)

Please change the color of the text and put more spaces after you say spoilers

3. Leodie

Leodie Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Played ME1 and just finished ME2, i just love it. Cant wait for ME3! :D

Finished it in 40Hours, i took my time. Hate rushing through games.

4. chanw4

chanw4 Guest

GPU:
    NITRO+ RX6800XT SE
    Playing ME1 to get my desired ending. Council saved and Wrex live, Kaidon?? dead, Captain Anderson in the council. Used the console to fast level up and a profile editor to unlock the achievement for unlocking extra talent.

5. EarlZ

EarlZ Guest

I noticed that on the main menu then I launch the game it takes a couple of seconds for me to be able to select "resume" game.. usually happens when the connect to cerberus network appears.

6. LinkDrive

LinkDrive Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Toaster
    @Denial
    SPOILERS

There's a reason why it's shaped the way it is. Also, it's shape has nothing to do with it's capabilities. Remember, it was incomplete and needed close to a hundred fold more "materials" to complete.

7. fischju

fischju Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Visiontek Radeon HD 4850
    -Possible spoilers-

I can't figure much of this tool out, any chance somebody could check out the Tali model without the mask, from the romance scene?

Regarding the Human-Reaper, I just imagine it completed and sitting on a throne or something, not flying around space like Superman

And the quote "Dr Chuchanka thinks it's dead. He's right. But even a dead god can dream" (not spelled correctly) - And that whole derelict reaper, very very creepy.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2010
  8. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Hehe, that's just clever camera tricks, there's no model without the mask.
    (Unsure if the free camera hack could be used to prove this better but I don't think it'll work in cutscenes and dialogue scenes. - http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/mass...c_id=m-1-53222801&pid=944906&tag=topics;title - I only use the camera hack myself but noclip was used once as I got stuck in a object for some reason, if it wasn't for the half-coded coelsced.ini It would be easier to edit and tweak it as needed instead of using pre-modified hacked values or attempting careful hex-editing.)

EDIT: As for a tutorial for the viewer (It can do other things as well.)

Open a command-prompt (Start -> run -> cmd) and browse to the game folder (Easy just to place the exe there.) and write umodel.exe then press tab to scroll into biogame\cookedpc\*.pcc file. (Also works for the DLC folder stuff.)

Companions are named like "BioH_Mystic_00.pcc" or BioH_END_Mystic_00.pcc with 00 being the default costume and 01 being the alternate (once loyal) costume. :)

pageup and pagedown are used to scroll the model and texture viewed, mouse to rotate it.

9. EarlZ

EarlZ Guest

^^ what ?

10. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Yeah I'm not good at explaining things in great detail or "flow", the above answers the question regarding a certain character model, how to us the Unreal Engine 3 viewer (Works in most games now.) and a sort of script to detach the camera, unsure if disabling the HUD can also be done.
    (It's pretty minor but that rectangular selection box can get in the way.)

Going to wait a while and then do a female playtrough as "Renegade" oriented instead of fully "Paragon"
    (There are some people that just need to die, heh.)

That and I need a plastic surgeon or something as my character looks like quite rough. :D
    (Well the preview looked good but it turned out quite bad, which is pretty common when I create a character that has more than just a few preset options.)

11. EarlZ

EarlZ Guest

Speaking of characters, my ME 1 character was far from perfect.. ended the game with max paragon points but only upto level55, is there a trainer out there I can use to max out everything including the achievements so I can use it on my next play through ?

12. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    my copy has yet to arrive, apparently i must wait until monday. :rolleyes:

13. x-speed69

x-speed69 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti Lightning
    Just got home and dled the game from steam but damn it seems bioware webpage is down so i can't get any of my bonus content :(

14. Xendance

Xendance Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 570

You missed one thing in the whole collector leader this: He was possessed by the reaper the whole time. In the end the pawn (the collector) was released just before the explosion.

And the human shaped reaper was rather intimidating. Imagine how the universe would have reacted if it started stomping planets :F

15. Devolution

Devolution Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5850 Radeon HIS 1024MB
    SPOILER

After playing the game a lot longer, I have a new outlokk on certain characters:
    I still hate Zaaed and think he's a waste of flesh.
    Subject Zero has one hell of a screwed up past, and during her loyalty mission, it showed.
    Jacob Taylor's passive blah personality makes sense after meeting his whack job of a father.
    Mordin's grown on me after his mission on Tuchanka.
    Grunt is badass in combat, but his personality still sucks.
    Miranda, right now, is still a cold fish to me.
    I just got Thane and he is six shades of badass.
    Garrus is such an improvement over his ME1 self. In ME1 he was boring and blah.
    Still need Tali, Samara, and Legion. About to do Legion's mission.

16. quaker3

quaker3 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6850HD
    Q:
    whats the minimum pc specs to play this game at highest graphics(1080p) AA and AF are not necesary.

FRAMES: 30fps :)

17. LinkDrive

LinkDrive Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Toaster
    I guess that depends on what kind of frame rates you're going for.

ME2 doesn't require a whole lot more than the first. If you can run the first game maxed out, then the chances are you can run the second maxed out.

18. Pete1989

Pete1989 Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4870
    I went to Game today to pick up ME2, gave the girl behind the till the case she went of and got a proper case etc, she put it in a bag, i paid all sorted.

Got home opened the bag and the stupid girl had put in a 360 version instead :bang:

19. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Guest

GPU:
    5700XT
    great game, now i can get back into social life.

been 2days full day playing xD.

got 8guys on my squad and 4 to loyal. Except those 4 misisons, did every mission avaiable (except the ones for exploring or the ones that you get talking to ppl, which i only made a few)

Altho i liked ME1 more (story), the ending here wasnt so bad at all. I spected this game to be a crappy story between ME1 and ME3, it wasnt as good as ME1, but not crap.

Specially that last image on the video, it seems that ME3 will be an orgy :banana:

20. Robbie Man

Robbie Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7950GT 512mb
    So I'm thinking about buying the game but I'm not sure if ill even be able to atleast play on medium settings. Anyone with a similar system as mine, have any idea what kind of performance I would get? I think I was able to play the first one on medium settings.