Auzentech offering refrubed sound cards!

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by ROBSCIX, Jan 29, 2010.

1. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    Hey guys, I found some information, I though some of you may be interested in. Auzentech announced they will be offer previously owned soundcards such as:

1. X-Plosion Cinema 7.1
    2. X-FI Prelude 7.1
    3. X-FI Forte 7.1

Might be an option for some of you guys with limited budgets. Instead of buying them from another person you can buy them back in the orignal packages, tested and refurbished. I have not checked on the price lists or anything of that nature just relaying some information I found. You get a 30 Day refund policy and a 1 year warranty with registration. Here you can have a look here: Refurbished Products

Hope that helps.

P.S. if any of you decide to go with this option can you report back with your experiences?

Last edited: Jan 29, 2010
  2. Uzito

Uzito Member

GPU:
    XFX R9 290 Black DD
    Too expensive. I got my Prelude brand new 2 years ago for less than $150, now they offer a refurb for the same price? Same for the Forte. I've seen it on NCIX for less than $100.

3. ShadowMyth

ShadowMyth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GByte GTX 980 G1 Windforc
    Yeah I have to agree, they seem to be discounting the retail price, which is higher than most retailers charge. You can find a Forte for around $135.00 new & some places even cheaper. So I'd invest the extra cash in a new one.

4. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    Yeah....

You can get an openBox @ Newegg for 130$, Prelude, that is.

Those deals aren't that good.

5. deltatux

deltatux Guest

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    That and the fact that they are Refurbs ... why buy refurbs when u can get new for cheaper?

deltatux

6. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB
    I bought refubs before and i never had issue with them. From motherboards to video cards. I agree they should be a bit more cheaper if there refubs. I couldnt see my self paying 112 for a forte when i can just add 20 more dollars and get the retail one.

7. Grahf

Grahf Guest

GPU:
    MSI N580GTX Lightning
    LOL, agree 100% with all of you.

For a split-second, I thought the text that read "SAVE $XX.xx" was the actual price, which seemed like a nice deal. Then a half-second later my brain kicked in and I realized they were selling these things for the same or more than brand new cards.

Freakin rip-off.

8. Uzito

Uzito Member

GPU:
    XFX R9 290 Black DD
    Also one more thing... I have a feeling that those refurbs are actually the cards turned in for upgrade (http://www.auzentech.com/site/support/upgrade1.php).
    So they buy Prelude off you for $50, sell you Hometheater HD card for MSRP ($250, about $30 over street prices), They test Prelude and sell as refurb for 150, making another 100 buckaroos.

That's just greedy.

9. MaxBlade

MaxBlade Master Guru

GPU:
    980Ti/970/390/+ more
    Pass.. they are VERY slow when updating drivers

10. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    That's a guess. I doubt many turned in their cards for the upgrade deal.

Did you consider when people turn in cards that have issues? The company replaces the card with a new one and keeps the other one for refurb.
    Happens all the time...

11. Uzito

Uzito Member

GPU:
    XFX R9 290 Black DD
    The upgrade deal sucked. Prelude can be sold on ebay for about $100 or more and HTHD can be found for less than MSRP.

For the people who turned it broken cards for upgrade, Auzentech only paid for your card if it was fully functional and operational:

12. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    Which is why I doubt anybody took them up on it. I would think the refurbs are from
    cards that were returned for one reason or another.

I didn't say a person turned in a broken card for an upgrade, I said people returning the cards to them for any reason.
    Those are the ones that get refurbed....

13. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB
    yea that what i did with my prelude, I saw the upgrade deal was 50 and i just put it on ebay instead and in up with this HDAV 1.3 instead.I forgot how much I got for the prelude when I did that. I think 150ish but I dont remember.Been too long ago since i sold it.

14. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    Looks like the prices have been lowered.

15. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    Wow, think it has anything to do with this thread?

I mean probably not lol, but still, just seems kinda like it did.

Prelude for 110$?

SOMEONE, ANYONE, BUY IT FOR ME NOW! I WILL PAY YOU BACK IN BESTBUY CREDIT! lol

Forte for 90$? What a steal these are!

16. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    I saw the title of this thread and was excited for a moment. $110 for a refurb when people are saying a new one would be $130? No thanks.

I've been so out of the loop on sound cards that I don't even know what I should be getting anyway.

Edit: I don't see it anywhere for less than $187, in fact, I barely see it anywhere. $110 doesn't seem so bad anymore, too bad I don't have magical headphones or speakers to match.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2010
  17. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    Well at least you can get it, 110$ is a steal imo.:D

I can't here in Slovenia, only this stupid creative... i payed for mine ~130€ almost 2years ago, I remember Prelude was around 240€ back then.

18. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    The prices look better now...

19. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    Yeah, but alot of people don't feel it's worth getting used unless it's 50% off. I mean it's a good deal; but people don't like buying used unless it's "WTFBBQ OMG!" good.

20. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    Guess it depends on how you look at it.