Geforce/ion driver release 196.34 beta

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by UnrealGaming, Jan 27, 2010.

Tags:
?

How is this driver working for you?

1. Better than previous drivers

87 vote(s)
    48.3%
  2. About the same as previous drivers

66 vote(s)
    36.7%
  3. Worse than previous drivers

27 vote(s)
    15.0%
  1. eddieveenstra

eddieveenstra Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 780@1150MHz
    I will give these a shot... Even though i have already flashed my 285gtx bios with nvflash because of the shader clock issue.

2. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I haven't tested these beta drivers on many games but Mass Effect works very well with them. I've also noticed that the aspect ratio bug has finally been fixed too (about time really). Looking very good so far.

3. cole2109

cole2109 Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix 1080TI
    TNX it works ;)

4. bloowhalez

bloowhalez Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 270
    umm wheres ur proof bro? why would they release drivers for video cards that arent out? thats like releasing DLC before the game is out.

nub

5. civato

civato Guest

GPU:
    2xGTX570 sli on H2O EK
    Good and stable driver for me , what a relief after the 195.. serie.

6. allup

allup Master Guru

GPU:
    2 X SLi 2070 Super
    These are again a "beta driver" according tho the first post in the thread.

Yes they need to get the whole package working by the time Furbie go's out to review i would expect. The last thing they need is more backslides.

So from what it "know." Yes, it is a development driver. As have been the last few. That is why no real good working drivers as of late

My thought is they need to get a few working first, to get an WHQL going, or a full working beta that can be at least 50% or more positive asap. :)

Judging by the poll response, it is going the right way too.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2010
  7. Darkje

Darkje Member Guru

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX 3060Ti
    okay I found out some more... if I set desktop to 1280x1024 it also happens ... vertical stripes... at native 1920x1280 nothing is wrong... and it's only happening if scaling is set to "use display's build in" and the 195/196's, if i set it to either other option the stripes are gone... i've tested 186.91 to check if the scaling of the screen was still working, i'm sure it is not my screen... it must be something these drivers do...

image of desktop stripes, clickable
    [​IMG]

edit:
    got it! somehow I get the stripes @1280 when the refreshrate is set to 75hz, and the driver defaults to that rate... after I set it to 60 the problem disappeared...

:banana:

edit2: :( it still happens in 3dm... how do i prevent d3d from selecting 1280@75hz... i've set 60 in the cpl...

Last edited: Jan 28, 2010
  8. allup

allup Master Guru

GPU:
    2 X SLi 2070 Super
    Not to take this off topic, but judging by your time spent here the type of posts you make in other threads, and your occupation posted in your public profile.

I`ll take it for what it is and who posted it, thanks. :)

9. Hog54

Hog54 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus Tuf RTX 3070
    I think the only time ever I coudnt install a driver was when my card wasnt in the inf file.Besides that never had a problem.You guys have something wrong with windows or something.Try using more than driversweeper.Try drivercleaner and remove the wdm drivers if your using windows 7.I always remove them anyway everytime I install windows 7 because I dont need them.Driver sweeper only removes some of the nvidia drivers,not all of them.You need to run drivercleaner to get everything out.

10. raken

raken Member

GPU:
    Zotac 1050 Ti 4GB
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2010

11. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    in old win xp there was a display override under troubleshooting in dxdiag, you could manually override it and set to 60hz, i checked in win7 dxdiag but there isn't such option maybe its somewhere else..

12. avivoni

avivoni Ancient Guru

GPU:
    560ti 448 classified
    great timing as my afterburner beta expired. just use it for the fans but still nice to have all options enabled.

13. Anth Seebel

Anth Seebel Guest

GPU:
    TITAN Xp
    QUAD sli not detected with these for my setup - same as previous 196.XX beta..
    yes ive done the; uninstall drivers, reboot to safemode -> driversweeper, reboot install.. wierd $hit..

currently using 190.62 (star trek online) and good performance/iq/stability for crysis mechwarrior living legends .. :arnie:

14. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    Again 2D/3D clocks switching is bugged for one of the gpu, so when i leave any 3D game, first GPU dont switch back to 2D clocks.

15. avivoni

avivoni Ancient Guru

GPU:
    560ti 448 classified
    i voted as good driver, anth weird is your issue.

16. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Pot calling the kettle black?

Stop acting like an ass.

17. Serris

Serris Guest

GPU:
    GTX 960
    Had the same problem, driver installation wouldnt finish. I fixed this by removing Physix from extracted files. Then run setup, drivers should install, restart pc, then install only physx, hope it works did for me.

18. Markushka141

Markushka141 Master Guru

GPU:
    Palit GTX470
    downloading and installing them, by the way, does these drivers have power managment, cos i really need my video card working always on 3D clocks.

19. VultureX

VultureX Banned

GPU:
    MSI GTX970 SLI
    Flickering Shadows with SLI in GTA4

Is this ever going to be fixed ?! :bang:

20. guderiancol

guderiancol Member

GPU:
    EVGA 295 gtx
    previous version and this have a good opengl performance,,, checking with opengl caps viewer, high frame rates, good with wolfenstein i will check fall out 3 and crysis tonigth...