Does anyone else not get the iPad (Apple Tablet)?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography, Home and Portable Electronics' started by Merton, Jan 27, 2010.

1. Merton

Merton Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX760 TF 2GD5/OC
    I honestly don't get why everything Apple gets so much hype. The hype for the Apple tablet was huge.

Basically, it is a large iPod Touch. It runs apps from the app store, you can browse the web, but there is no flash support, and it has wifi and 3G.

I mean, yeah, its portable, but is it really that much MORE portable than a netbook? If you wanted this to read eBooks, why wouldn't you just buy a Nook or a Kindle that has eInk?

I thought the Courier (the Microsoft tablet) looked much more interesting. From the videos, it seems like they are aiming to sell it as an electronic notebook (plus it works with a stylus to help you write).

EDIT:
    Certain versions have wifi+3g.

The $499 version just has wifi,
    The $629 version has both.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2010
  2. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    This is such a lame product. My hackintosh Dell mini9 is far more powerful than this. I just don't get it. Who are they trying to sell this too?

3. Kow

Kow Maha Guru

GPU:
    HIS Radeon HD 5850
    Brainwashed f00ls who will only buy Apple products.

4. Xenotone

Xenotone Guest

GPU:
    780 Ti SLI H2O 1230mhz
    Let's make something that's kinda like a netbook but less compatible, more expensive, more prone to damage, more difficult to use, etc etc...Starbucks Crew get all the best gear!

5. Glidefan

Glidefan Don Booze Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | 8600M GS
    I do get its form factor as sometimes i did wish for something like that with no keyboard, (honestly. doodling on, passing it over to the one sitting next blah blah blah)
    A net book is more portable than this but still needs a place on a desk while this one can be on your lap. (Of course, an A4 paper pad and a pen would be more fun sometimes)
    The flaw i can find is that its apple, know what i mean? Their old "Newton" pad had more freedom...
    Oh and that its capacity touch and not resistive (ie, finger touch, not pen. So easy to write with a pen rather than a keyboard...)

PS: It will have a camera as far as i know, one on the front, and it will support multitask.

There is a market for it, but only a hand full of people would actually get it for being useful rather than cool. And those probably have a tablet PC by now.

6. SaberJ2X

SaberJ2X Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 3070
    maybe for reviewing pictures on the field... maybe...

7. dcx_badass

dcx_badass Guest

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1060 6GB
    Nope, no usb ports on anything.

8. SaberJ2X

SaberJ2X Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 3070
    gay adapters

9. Sash

Sash Ancient Guru