Stuttering/Hitching when RT is running.

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by Amigafan35, Jan 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amigafan35

Amigafan35 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX1080TI FE
    Hi all,

I've been getting stuttering/hitching on every game I play & while trying to isolate the cause I discovered that if I shut down rivatuner every game is silky smooth with not a stutter or hitch in site!

I use RT to control fan speeds & 2d/3d clock switching & what I've also noticed is that when the fan speed changes that causes whatever game I'm playing to pause/hitch but then the hitching/stutter continues randomly unless I quiet RT

I've been using rivatuner for years & never used to have these issues when rt is running, has anyone else had similar issues & has a fix? I'm guessing my settings must be messed up so I'll try a re-install in a bit and see what happens.

2. boogieman

boogieman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080X
    RTSS is not free, try reducing how many items are being polled.

3. Amigafan35

Amigafan35 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX1080TI FE
    I believe I've fixed it, re-installed everything & also remembered in my previous rt install that my fan profiles were done via driver level, dunno why I did that as in the past I'd always used low level for fan control...well anyway I set everything back up as I had it except I used the low level fan control & the stutter/hitching on fan profile change is gone & I let the game run for a few minutes & saw no more hitching or stuttering so it looks like the issue is resolved :)

4. sHaDyOne^Death

sHaDyOne^Death Member Guru

GPU:
    8800gt 512mb
    I too have this problem and narrowed it down to Rivatuner as the culprit. I too use fan speed profiles with my 8800gt and my games freeze up randomly and sometimes even crash. Without rivatuner on, the game runs smooth.

my fan profiles are at driver level too, so i have this problem.

5. sHaDyOne^Death

GPU:
    8800gt 512mb
    try this, Go to your driver settings in Rivatuner, and click on Compatability tab and select ur graphics card main board compatibility mode. I selected the nvidia one.

Also check your bios and make sure your PCI speed is not over 100.

6. sHaDyOne^Death

GPU:
    8800gt 512mb
    nevermind...still happening. :(

7. sHaDyOne^Death

GPU:
    8800gt 512mb
    does anyone fcken help on this forum? jesus christ. not even some single input

8. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

fcken ego users like you with such attitude killed any chances to see any fcken help here. And most fun, original topic starter was one of those who voted for "stop giving your useless answers, we'll get this forum working ourselves" a few years ago. So get what you deserve and help yourself.

9. Amigafan35

Amigafan35 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX1080TI FE
    In the Scheduler settings for your fan profiles, what values have you got the following options, Data sampling period & task freezing period?

10. sHaDyOne^Death

GPU:
    8800gt 512mb
    I've been searching and searching and all Ive seen is a bitter moderator who wastes his time by telling people to search into a endless loop of more posts from him to search. I have no ego here, i've expressed nothing but a simple reach for guidance; A simple key term, question, etc. But what do I and many others, who are lost in their lack of knowledge, get? A bitter response from a knowledgeable moderator who has simply given up the reward of lending a hand. When the majority of your replies consist of negative comments and a vicious cycle of searching for empty answers, I would think it was about time to pass the torch to someone who actually gives a **** about this great reputably acknowledged forum.

15000 mili seconds, and 0.

11. Unwinder

And I would think that you should search for other forum if you'll continue bumping the theads using "does anyone fcken help on this forum? jesus christ. not even some single input " style. Do you seriously suppose that somebody owes you something and really obliged to give you some input? If you think that is it the best way to _ask_for_help_ - my tools are not for you, ego boy. Take it as the first and the last warning.

12. sHaDyOne^Death

GPU:
    8800gt 512mb
    Well, now that we have you attention, instead of exhibiting your authority how about you clean this thread up and shed some light on the subject.

13. Unwinder

Won't work. Play your tricks with somebody else and practice in searching for different ways of asking someone to do something instead of you. Closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.