Gaming addict kills mother then plays Counter-Strike

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by dchalf10, Jan 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Reclusive781

Reclusive781 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 7800 XT
    Amen to that.

2. I3leep

I3leep Member

GPU:
    PNY GTX285
    I can see how I worded my post how you would get that idea. I meant no insult. Personally I think the US is now more of a Police state then some communist countries, cameras everywhere, cell phones tapped, NSA able to scan you naked at airports.

My point being the better the police/surveillance/investigations the more crime you are going to find. So until everyone in the study has the same investigation/police techniques the data is flawed.

3. horse

horse Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColour HD4870
    On a worldwide basis I agree, I was trying to only compare modern, first-world countries to try and get around this problem.

Apologies for calling you out earlier, you are correct the wording struck me the wrong way.

We have similar issues here in the UK - a lot of it came in under anti-terrorism laws which have a wider use to the police than just counter terrorism. I can see how these techniques are useful, though I don't agree with many of the ideas such as national databases of emails & telephone calls.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2010
  4. Reclusive781

Reclusive781 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 7800 XT
    Ignorance....Gotta love it.

As population booms so does crime, murder, etc. and everything good too.

Everything becomes more common.

Romania population - 22,215,421

USA population- 308,537,000

Lets also include the millions of Illegale immigrants that come to our country with nothing and end up in run-down nieghborhoods witch will result in poor kids ending up in street gangs just to make money.

And theres nothing wrong with being patriotic= Loving your country.:3eyes:
    You love your country right?

5. Dustpuppy

Dustpuppy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    integrated - fffffffuuuuu
    Romania has crime syndicates that make old school mafioso look gentle. Amongst other things they traffic heavily in sex slaves moving them in/out of former soviet states (they've depopulated some entire towns of women).

6. Sash

Sash Ancient Guru

GPU:
    video
    well at least women in eastern Europe are smoking hot that makes it even more profitable!

7. crushilista

crushilista Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 670
  8. Jonnyboy

Jonnyboy Guest

GPU:
    EVGA SC GTX 1070
    you must be joking dude most cops in the USA just join the force so they can have a badge and a gun along with making 60k a year and then whine about doing paperwork and harass the heck of of people with a background.oh and this statement from you is a bit confusing.

9. Dustpuppy

Dustpuppy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Well for the price of a used car* you can apparently buy a woman with down syndrome and pimp her 10-20x a day if you need some cash.

*actually you can just trade the car, you don't need cash.

10. I3leep

I3leep Member

GPU:
    PNY GTX285

I mean the money we put into crime solving is way more then most... The US forensic sciences are some of the best in the world add that to face tracking software for known terrorists, DNA analysis, etc... Most do not or can not go that far. Limited resources or the lack of willingness to spend said resources on the above.

I am not saying every cop went into the field because they care but our government sure as hell puts a lot of money into prevention, apprehension, conviction and detention of criminals.

I am not saying it is right. Just stating facts.

But I will state one opinion that is way OT.

The fact that 2/3 of the people in jail (in the US) are in because of non-violent drug offenses in a "free" country seems hypocritical and a waste of resources. If someone wants to smoke pot hell the government should be selling it to them making money not throwing them in jail spending money and turning them into REAL criminals...

11. inklimited

inklimited Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6850 900MHz
  12. horse

horse Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColour HD4870

Wow, is it really that high? That's insane, especially when you consider there are literally millions of people locked up. Jail time for drug use clearly isn't stopping drug use, and it is so expensive.

13. Dustpuppy

Dustpuppy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Drugs are associated with other crimes, do those stats represent people in jail exclusively for drug use or are they counting the guys that got high on smack and decided to murder somebody?

14. I3leep

I3leep Member

GPU:
    PNY GTX285

NON-violent drug offenses.

And with govt control of said "drugs" could they not price control them (i.e. make them cheaper) as well as quality control (heroin overdoses, Fake stuff that kills people), quantity control (help people with chronic abuse) and kill the black market for said drugs and the vicious production methods in one fell swoop. Instead we waste Billions of dollars every year trying to stem the tide of importing, manufacturing, dealing and use of schedule 1 drugs.

Drug abuse is wrong by all means but what constitutes abuse? Just because Joe Schmo spends all his money on crack and does not feed his family does that mean EVERYONE will do that?

In that case make every car illegal because a few idiots like to drink and drive or drive recklessly and kill people.

Again sorry for the hijack... It kinda started on topic... well no it didnt :fuse:

15. crushilista

crushilista Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 670
    Drugs should be legalized in my opinion. For the same reason that I3leep says above. People won't die from bad quality stuff because of quality control. It would rid of a whole mafia gang war fight. I do believe that anything besides marijuana should only be legal to be made by the person in their own house and not traveled though or sold to others. What you do with your body is your own business. If businesses don't want to hire you because you do these things, then that's just the way it goes and they should be able not to.

16. Dustpuppy

Dustpuppy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I know, I read your "non-violent" offense. Unfortunately I'm not a lawyer, so I was and still am, curious if the drug possession is prosecuted independently of the other crimes committed by the offender. If this is the case then I'm a bit concerned that the stat could be misleading. For example, suppose I shoot somebody then they find a kilo of cocaine in my house. It strikes me that a murder trial might be separate from the drug charges. Especially if they decide to prosecute state on the murder & federal on the drugs.

But like I said, I don't know how it works. I simply don't want to read your stats and assume that they are correct.

eta: on another note, although drugs are classified as a non-violent crime legally. I consider selling poison to children an extraordinary violent crime. I don't mind arguments over the safety of a drug, but I'm kind of immune to claims of non-violence with a broad brush.

17. TroM

TroM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte HD6850 OC
    From Counter Strike addiction do the USA educational system and then to crime rates and then to drugs.... And you all argue like you know better than one another... mass ignorance.

This is why us humans can't have nice things..................................................

Can we get back on topic now about the CS addict who killed his mother please...

18. crushilista

crushilista Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 670
    I fail to see how stating my opinion on a matter is ignorance, but yes let us get back to the topic.

19. Dustpuppy

Dustpuppy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Thank ye noble one for deigning to shine the light of your wisdom upon us.

20. I3leep

I3leep Member

GPU:
    PNY GTX285
    Selling poison to children is exactly why the Government should step in and regulate them just like alcohol. Then anyone selling drugs to children can go to jail where they belong.

Quote from : http://www.drugwarfacts.org/cms/node/63

Prisons - Federal

Federal prisons were estimated to hold 179,204 sentenced inmates in 2007. Of these, 15,647 were incarcerated for violent offenses, including 2,915 for homicide, 8,966 for robbery, and 3,939 for other violent crimes. In addition, 10,345 inmates were serving time for property crimes, including 504 for burglary, 7,834 for fraud, and 2,006 for other property offenses. A total of 95,446 were incarcerated for drug offenses. Also, 56,237 were incarcerated for public-order offenses, including 19,528 for immigration offenses and 24,435 for weapons offenses.
    Source:
    Sabol, William J., PhD, and West, Heather C., Bureau of Justice Statistics, Prisoners in 2007 (Washington, DC: US Department of Justice, December 2008), NCJ224280, p. 22, Appendix Table 12.
    http://www.ojp.gov/bjs/pub/pdf/p07.pdf

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.