Just a little question

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Wicky, Jan 22, 2010.

1. Ieldra

Ieldra Banned

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti G1 1500/8000
    Wicky, I think you should lay off the crack

2. Devolution

Devolution Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5850 Radeon HIS 1024MB
    Angry Muslim (Iran)? Check.
    Angry Asian (N. Korea)? Check.
    Angry Hispanic (Venezuela(SP?))? Check.
    Angry White people (Russia)? Check.
    More Angry Asians (China)/ Check.
    Perturbed Black person representing multiculturalism that almost died because of a nuts white guy(USA)? Check.

Orignal poster that is on six shades of crack and opiates? CHECK.
    Begging for Cybermancer or John or Finch to say bye bye to this thread? Check.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2010
  3. Ieldra

Ieldra Banned

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti G1 1500/8000
    Check.

4. allesclar

allesclar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    bananas!!!

just getting my post count in while this thread is still open.

/thread

5. Ieldra

Ieldra Banned

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti G1 1500/8000
    Speaking of post count... When comes the transition from Maha Guru to Ancient Guru... And what the hell does Maha mean ?

6. Miller

Miller Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 660ti Signature FTW
    The friends and family of those serving - or worse, killed - in Afghanistan, Iraq or one of the world's other hotspots would probably like to point out that much of the western world is at war at the moment.

Einstein was an absolute genius but no one has the power of foresight.

7. Ieldra

Ieldra Banned

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti G1 1500/8000
    Speaking of war... I know this isn't the best place to start this discussion but... does anyone actually know why half the western world is involved in Iraq/Afghanistan ? I've grown so used to knowing its there that I don't even remember the actual reason :S

8. Miller

Miller Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 660ti Signature FTW
    For Iraq, regime change and (falsified) reports of weapons of mass destruction and depending on who you ask - oil.

For Afghanistan, we're fighting the Taliban and the over-arching aim is to try and catch Bin Laden. My best friend is half way through his second tour of Afghanistan, though many people have become complacent about our involvement he thinks you only have to see how much the locals appreciate the troops' being there to realise we're at least making some difference.

But I digress, and the thread will probably get locked.

9. nm+

nm+ Don Cappuccino

GPU:
    old
    Citation needed. Because this isn't true.
    worth noting that on March 10, 1945, 100,000 people were killed by the conventional bombing of Tokyo. That is more than Nagasaki (including long term) and possibly more than Hiroshima depending on the estimate you like (and more than the instant deaths of 80,000).
    This was going to be a war of attrition. The only thing that stopped it sooner was that the Japanese realized we could kill as many people with a single bomb as thousands.

10. Cybermancer

Cybermancer Don Quixote

GPU:
    BFG GTX260OC (192 SP)
    :wanker:

You should start reading a bit more, Wicky.
    Yeah, right. :wanker:

Thanks for making my day! :thumbup:

11. Pyro the Dragun

Pyro the Dragun Master Guru

GPU:
    Geforce GT 555M
    :bonk:

12. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    Afghanistan and Iraq are not nuclear powers. They also had no real army, or anything whatsoever. So while it is a "war", it's not a true war in comparison to wars of the past. I'm talking about mass scale global conflict, which simply doesn't happen anymore.

13. nvlddmkm

nvlddmkm Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX285
    As far as equations go. Sure, the mass energy equivalency was bound to be realized somehow. Most important...ehhhh it's useful for converting matter to energy. how to accomplish it was on many many scientists.

Now, an even better set of equations are just as simple and have more reaching implications...such as:

Bell's Theroem
    Heisenbergs Uncertainty Principle
    Mandlebrots Equation

For far reaching into the depths of thought, consciousness and using them to greater understand our own existence these equations offer a far wider potential to positively affect humanity.

Nice thought Wicky, I respect you. But your connotations are a little skewed and tangented in the wrong direction.

14. oka1992

oka1992 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Posting in Legendary thread.

15. must_kill_ati

must_kill_ati Maha Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    Was he stupid? No.

More importantly, I could take him in a fist fight.

16. RandyB

RandyB Banned

GPU:
    HIS HD4870/Samsung2343BWX
    Well, since you asked; Monsanto, the corporation that's putting all the GMOs, HFCS, artificial sweeteners, etc. in our food supply, played a very large part in the manufacturing of the first atomic bomb! Then DDT, PCBs...it's all about the almighty dollar - always has been - always will be, until the cashless society takes over.
    http://www.politicalfriendster.com/rateConnection.php?id1=238&id2=2863

17. Dustpuppy

Dustpuppy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    integrated - fffffffuuuuu
    It means great but carries additional cultural context. I don't speak the language so that's as much as I know.

18. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    why invent anything then? guns instead of swords.. kill someone from a distance with a sniper while hiding in a safe place instead of going Samurai, flying...airplanes crashes and kills 320 passengers instantly why fly then if there's a risk, why sell fast cars such as ferrari when someone might drive it around like a maniac (perhaps drunk) and kill someone and himself?

every single thing in this world carries a risk including the stuff you drink and eat (choke on a piece of meat, cut your finger while slicing the tomatoes), why build computers and rely on machines to launch nuclear missiles and calculate asteroids trajectories (perhaps saving lives) when the computers themselves are prone to viruses, bugs and faults?

Einstein was a genius, the real fault lies in the ignorants who abuse their powers and the great gifts that geniuses put in their hands to do evil, even without those invention humanity is going to self destruct, this is one of those cases where ignorance is NOT a bliss.

19. crushilista

crushilista Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 670
    Would have been discovered later on just not by us. I believe two sides were working on a same project.

20. crushilista

crushilista Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 670
    When I think nukes I think of the Manhattan Project not Einstein.