Operation flashpoint-dragon rising

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Unstable_Hero, Feb 19, 2009.

1. horse

horse Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColour HD4870
    Surely every bug shouldn't have been in the game in the first place? :infinity: I hate bugs as much as anyone, but I never found it a problem in this title, I managed to complete it fine.

Hurr. Your post has no actual content, just a rant. Why post in that case? How does it help our discussion?

Last edited: Jan 19, 2010
  2. darrenj

darrenj Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090
    I agree that the AI and the graphics are not on par with some of the more bigger selling names. But its a TACTICAL SHOOTER so the emphasis is on strategy. It is not as linear or a bright multi colour 4 hour shoot em up!!
    PS I am also looking for a patch. Or is there one out?
    And what bugs are you talking about that no other release has? The games plays flawlessly at all settings maxed out 1920x1080.

3. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
  4. gridiron whirlw

gridiron whirlw Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070Ti
    I may give this one a go....I can get a good deal on e-bay and I enjoy the slower strategic combat games....I just loved both of the Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter games.....I really wish they would do another Ghost Recon game.

5. Jonnyboy

Jonnyboy Guest

GPU:
    EVGA SC GTX 1070
    think the last good one was operation flashpoint cold war crisis with red hammer,and resistance.
    but is this game worth buying?If not i'll wait to pre order the new avp

6. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    I couldnt try because it was downloading all night.

7. horse

horse Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColour HD4870
    I wouldn't call it a console game at all. If anything it seems like the opposite - actually challenging and very easy to get killed, no HUD if you play it on "hardcore" mode (essentially OpFlash1 mode), and very large maps.

That's a very subjective question - plenty of people will say either way. If you enjoyed the original, or similar games with less firing and more tactics, you should like it.

If you only enjoy fast, linear games you will not enjoy this.

8. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    we just DID a COOP gaming..one pf my friends replaced with the squad AI..it was a great experience..i mena this is not CS or UT or MW2..This is where u need to watch ur all area careful progressing and making good tactic.. brilliant game...

9. Jonnyboy

Jonnyboy Guest

GPU:
    EVGA SC GTX 1070
    that's how and operation flashpoint should be and I know that's how the ofpcwc(Operation Flashpoint Cold War Crisis)a game that requires good tactics and being realistic at the same time
    @Horse
    I liked the original and still play it as well and I enjoy the game since I bought it 5 years ago

Last edited: Jan 21, 2010
  10. horse

horse Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColour HD4870
    Hmm, well if you go into the new game with an 'open mind' (as in not expecting it to be exactly the same as the original, rather a modern take on it) then you may well enjoy this.

A lot of the hardcore fans of the original were upset, in some ways quite rightly, that it is not the same experience as the original and many 'promised' features were dropped. In a way this annoys me as well, but overlooking that I still really enjoyed it.

If you were to ask me to sum up - essentially the developers have created a game engine with great potential but the level designers did not quite do it justice; yet the core of the game is still strong and serves as the best antithesis we have to the mad FPS style of modern shooters.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2010

11. Jonnyboy

Jonnyboy Guest

GPU:
    EVGA SC GTX 1070
    thx and yea Im pretty much open minded to any game.like a lot of people hate on mw2 but you know what its a good game and I won't let the not having dedicated servers bother me at all.

12. Covert

Covert Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus HD 5770 1000/1300
    i just play the single missions "Up hill struggle" and "All round defence" i enjoy it while i wait for BF3 :)

13. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    we played for more than 3 hours last night i guess..man..a mission takes for 1 hours 40 minutes.sweet...very tense..very hard..game make u feel u r a part of a big battle. i mean. first we gone and destroyed ANTI-SHIP missiles..Than those ships came to range of island and command HQ gave me support for ARTILLERY from those ships..i destroyed a village with that support..omfg..i never seen such explosion.

Than we moved the more ahead..my squads mission was to destroy Anti Air missiles...we assaulted the position and destroyed the missiles and the enemies around it..and than attac helicopters arrived from the ships and destroyed the armored vehicles..damn sweet..

I was Squad Leader, my friend evert was sniper. and two AI...

AI has issues..game has issues...but it gives FUN for it...

Last edited: Jan 22, 2010
  14. Mr_Alexander

Mr_Alexander Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GYGABYTE 3080ti
    Sorry did not read whole thread from the begining but please answer me.
    So Biggy you described a co-op I andarstand right? So tell me. Can you co-op with more than two people. You said you were leader, Evert was sniper and you had two AI. Can instead of this AI be two more real people?
    Honestly I read your post and it sounds so cool and interesting.

15. usher

usher Member Guru

GPU:
    BFG GTX280 superclocked

16. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    4 people COOP..yes u can play with ur friends easily...

its cool game but its like MW2..has issues...u LOVE this game, or u simply HATE this game...do i recommend this game to u Sasha? no comment. :)

17. Mr_Alexander

GPU:
    GYGABYTE 3080ti
    Ok. Thanks. I will check some videos on Youtube.

18. Mr_Alexander

GPU:
    GYGABYTE 3080ti
    Watched few videos yesterday. Somehow the game reminded me ARMA2 from what I saw. I tried ARMA2 DEMO and found it little bit too complicated. Especiall the part where I got some missions to do and while I was going towards one the other ones were canceled already.
    What I liked about Dragon rising that it looks realistic. Still not sure if I want to buy it or just wait for Bad Company2.

19. horse

horse Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColour HD4870
    You tried the demo? It doesn't really show what the full game can do but it gives you a taste.

20. Mr_Alexander

GPU:
    GYGABYTE 3080ti
    Sorry if I did not say it clear. I tried DEMO ARMA2 not Dragon rising. That is why I am not sure. So if it the same as ARMA I will pass. If it is different I might buy it.
    The other problem is there so many good titles coming this two months. I am going to be bankropt. The other game I really looking forward is Mafia 2. I need to win a lottery. :banana: