F***ing wisdom tooth

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Ieldra, Jan 19, 2010.

1. Ieldra

Ieldra Banned

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti G1 1500/8000
    I have two, one on each side (bottom). Right one is hurting like hell and I believe is the cause of my seemingly endless headache.
    A). Is the headache normal ?
    B). How long will it keep hurting ?
    C). WHAT CAN I DO

2. proFits

proFits Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080
    Get em removed obviously, people complain that it's painfull

I loved to get them removed, first how the hell can it be painfull when I couldnt even know if my tongue was showing or not. two hours after I was still drooling blood which IMHO is something cool because you look like Homer Simpsons when he swallowed broken glass.

Either cases it is normal I do get headaches when those things were about to come out.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2010
  3. Sash

Sash Ancient Guru

GPU:
    video
    Get it out now!

4. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070

5. Ieldra

Ieldra Banned

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti G1 1500/8000
    They're tiny... Barely visible. I feel as though my right eye is going to pop out of head at any moment... Woops there it goes

6. MM10X

MM10X Guest

GPU:
    3080 FE
    strange, mine dont hurt this much... barely at all, in fact. :p

7. UZ7

UZ7 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    nVidia RTX 4080 FE
    I'm not entirely sure if the headache is directly a cause from the wisdom teeth but I did have similar symptoms a while back and would get random headaches as well that would cause me to just sleep the day off. As for pain in the mouth, it was on and off and when my dentist said I should get em out (been putting it off for 2+ years) then I just went ahead and did it and the fact that the way it was growing in, it was impacted and would grow into the root of my molars.

I did get all four of my wisdom teeth last month and havent had any headaches and I can close my mouth normally now haha without feeling the back teeth being crooked. lol

8. isidore

isidore Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    when mine appeared my head hurt and i had a fever..but now that they are out, i'm fine..so you just have to wait..

9. Manu2009

Manu2009 Guest

GPU:
    Evga GTX 570 DS HD
    Get them removed. They can shift position while in your mouth. Mine flip 90 degree and was pushing against my other teeth ! Freaking painfull. Took me 3 days before I could eat something solid. I manage to finish FF7 however while in bed ! :)

10. Sash

Sash Ancient Guru

GPU:
    video
    My left one in the lower jaw had the same thing, and i left it there for 5 years until 21 years old and it formed a cyst in the bone, so you should listen to him and me and get it out ASAP!

11. Decane

Decane Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6GB
    It's actually quite a coincidence that this thread was created now, because for the past two days I've had an immensely painful wisdom tooth in the right lower corner of my jaw. Or, well, it's not the tooth itself that is painful, but the gum-mass surrounding it. Still, it hurts like f*** when I try to chew on anything harder than a chunk of porridge with the right side of my mouth. I had a scan and the dentist said that the tooth is growing out in an optimal orientation, meaning that its final position will be pretty much perfectly aligned with the rest of my teeth. Still, I didn't think that the process would be this painful!

12. Jonnyboy

Jonnyboy Guest

GPU:
    EVGA SC GTX 1070
    I need to get one of my wisdom teeth removed before it starts to pinch my molar that has 2 fillings on it.but I know the painful feeling it is I remember when my 2nd molar on the left got infected and it was the worst feeling I ever had.oh I also hear that if your wisdom tooth hits a nerve vain your lower law will go numb.

13. DaShoota

DaShoota Master Guru

GPU:
    ATi Radeon HD4850
    I've had two taken out (on the bottom of each side like you). The first time, the tooth was barely exposed and when the dentist took it out, the pain was so bad that I couldn't eat solid food for several days.

The second time, I let the tooth grow outside the gums considerably. The dentist took it out easily and I was able to eat normally by the end of the day.

For me, the pains of a growing wisdom tooth were tolerable for me. If you let it grow out long enough it wont hurt as much after the dentist pulls it out. At least from my experience. Good luck.

14. Gromuhl'Djun

Gromuhl'Djun Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070ti
    Get them out! It's only going to hurt for a few days after if they're still deep in the flesh. I bled like a pig for a day, I should have taken pics as it was pretty awesome out of gruesomeness :devil:

15. usher

usher Member Guru

GPU:
    BFG GTX280 superclocked
    You will however end up with less wisdom :nerd:

16. Pitman

Pitman Master Guru

GPU:
    Gainward GTX 260
    Never noticed any of mine grow through, no pain or anything. Tho the bottom right one has grown up on the piss, ie its growing out tilted towards the molar next to it but its not hurting the molar.

I didnt realise this until about a year ago, but my normal brushing style misses one side of the tooth, so it had decayed on that side and got well sensitive and painful. Resolved that by brushing the tooth more thoroughly :) It might need to be removed at some point tho hopefully not.

17. Nagasaki

Nagasaki Banned

GPU:
    POV 9600GT 512MB DDR3
    Mine hurt me now and then but its never been a real problem.

18. tehalirigsho

tehalirigsho Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX460 SC
    do both at the same time!
    also, dont get put to sleep... just bring your ipod and some headphones!
    recovery time is much faster that way.
    :thumbup:

19. AbjectBlitz

AbjectBlitz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R390 1200/1720
    I'm 26 and never had them, guess I'm just more evolved ;)

20. T1tan

T1tan Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 24GB GDDR
    my wisdom teeth are coming out, and they are coming out perfect. I have no problem what so ever. Occasionally it hurts a tiny bit for a day and it goes away. I'm not planning on having mine removed.