monitor advice Acer X243HQ

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by dchalf10, Jan 10, 2010.

1. dchalf10

dchalf10 Banned

GPU:
    GTX670 1293/6800
    This seems the like the perfect monitor for me, really cheap $235aus ( with $49 cash back ), 23.6" blah blah, I personally don't have any problems with TN panels as it's for gaming, but I read a user review that said there were no x64 drivers for it and so vista couldn't run it in it's full 75hz mode ( which it does support @1080p ), is this a load of bull, doesn't the monitor have some kind of hard coded information that the computer reads and automatically detects the max hz rates??

The website does not have an official driver for x64 only the x86 driver, perhaps they were only using dvi cables and not dual link... any thoughts, it's insanely cheap and i want to order it today if possible, does anyone have an acer monitor on a 64bit OS that they are running 75hz mode on??

EDIT:

another question,I went to their website and it says that it supports "VGA, DVI with HDCP"

Does that mean it will support dual link dvi, or only single link?

Last edited: Jan 10, 2010
  2. dchalf10

dchalf10 Banned

GPU:
    GTX670 1293/6800
    I just want to thank everyone for the innumerable warm helpful responses that I have received in response to this thread, I only hope you've gotten as much pleasure from it as I have. Thank you and goodnight.

3. PHJF

PHJF Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 970
    Wow way to be a dick about it.
    A quick google reveals that said monitor is only available in Australia (?!), so it's not exactly a wonder why nobody here has one.

As for the refresh rate...
    nvidia control panel lets you force any resolution and refresh rate you want.

4. dchalf10

dchalf10 Banned

GPU:
    GTX670 1293/6800
    it was a joke dearie

5. rasfire

rasfire Member

GPU:
    EVGA RTX3080 FTW
    Only 1920x1080@60 on X243HQ told by Acer!

Hi, first of all.

I was tryin to get the desired refresh rate of 75hz as described in your question, for a view days now.
    After a couple of days corresponding to Acer, they told me in the end that the X243HQ is capable of a max setting of 1920x1080@60. :bang:

I'm very dissapointed cause this 75hz rate was one of the main reasons for me to buy this monitor.

So after reading your reply today, i still have a little hope, that someone comes with an experienced solution, proving that Acer's wrong.

Grtz Rasfire. :)

6. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    I have H223HQ and I have been wondering the same.

EDIT: Well well, single-link DVI is the issue. It can only do 1080P at 60Hz. How ever, 71Hz works just fine at 1080P with single link DVI. Using analog input may work.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2010
  7. rasfire

rasfire Member

GPU:
    EVGA RTX3080 FTW
    In my case, i have the dual link dvi-d connected. Could it be, that OS thinks it's a single link?

Last edited: Jan 19, 2010
  8. avivoni

avivoni Ancient Guru

GPU:
    560ti 448 classified
    wtf i never knew so many dvi connectors exist. ive just seen 2 of those types.

9. rasfire

rasfire Member

GPU:
    EVGA RTX3080 FTW
  10. rasfire

rasfire Member

GPU:
    EVGA RTX3080 FTW
    I just managed to get 1920x1080@75 on analog. The thing is, the image isn't widescreen then, and gets cut of vertical at the sides(leaving +/- 2 inch on left and right black). You can't change the displays size-settings in the monitors menu. So, not so good. After this little experiment, i think i stay with the dvi-d connection and therefore the 60hz limit.

11. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    As far as I know I too have dual link capable cable (i.e. DVI part looks like dual link thing). Now I'm not sure if this monitor had dual link capable HDMI. I don't have dual link DVI to DVI cable so can't test about that. But anyway, 71Hz causes much less "pixel-walking". It's really noticeable compared to 60Hz, much less flickering.

12. rasfire

rasfire Member

GPU:
    EVGA RTX3080 FTW
    How did you come up with the 71hz?

13. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    It's the highest possible refresh rate @ 1080P with single link DVI and it works. :D

14. rasfire

rasfire Member

GPU:
    EVGA RTX3080 FTW
    Ok, but is this specifically your case, or did you find this out somewhere, meant for like, the peeps in general?

15. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    Single link DVI doesn't have bandwidth for anything higher. Luckily my monitor supports that pretty weird refresh rate and it is definitely improvement over 60Hz. You should try it too.
    [​IMG]

There's very little info about my monitor (Acer H223HQEbmid) on the net. Acer Finland doesn't even have it on their site for some reason.

16. strom32

strom32 New Member

GPU:
    msi
    Yeh I noticed that too on my 243HX through the analogue cable, I noted too that when you go to the screen OSD menu not windows resolution setting it reads as 1650x1050 or something like that.....so it seems that this monitor is not capable of 1920x1080 through the analogue capable, maybe I will ask for all my cash back if I'm right....