Opinions on this build

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by reaper7534, Jan 17, 2010.

1. reaper7534

reaper7534 Member

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon 5850
  2. Mega_Death

Mega_Death Maha Guru

GPU:
    SATA 3.0 and USB 3.0 update to the UD3R series. I haven't had any issues with my rev 1.6 board to date.

3. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Don't worry, we aren't like that.
    Nobody here will tell you to get a $500 overclocking board if you don't need it.

But we aren't going to tell you to purchase crap hardware just because it's cheap either.

You'll just get advice on what is good value for money hardware that will last.

(I sound like a salesman..must be too much Rit methinks.)

Gotta go..

4. reaper7534

reaper7534 Member

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon 5850
    I may go with the gigabyte board I linked too, a little more future proof with the usb 3.0 sata3.

Last question, what is the advantage of going with a lower voltage ram ? The one suggested to me was OCZ which is rated at 1.65, for the same price I can get G.Skill rated at 1.5

Opinions

5. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    don't know but you'd need to make sure the mobo supports it.

Btw, I just read the AnandTech review of the Asrock board you're looking at, and the overclocking results were rather mediocre.

They also said it was missing some basic bios options like thermal fan control, and that there was a lot of vcore droop.

So if you're looking for a board with good overclocking potential, you should really look elsewhere..

And to make my point, do you notice how many Guru3D members have Asrock listed in their spec's.....?

Last edited: Jan 18, 2010