Do me a favor. . . Become a fan of CoCo!

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Joshua, Jan 16, 2010.

1. Joshua

Joshua Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x eVGA GTX260 Core 216
    As many of you know, NBC has royally screwed Conan O'Brian and Jay's coming out unscathed. Show your support on Facebook, by becoming a fan of the group "I'm With CoCo!"

Here's the link for easy access. :-D
    http://www.facebook.com/imwithcoco?ref=mf

Read the back story here:
    http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/01/14/entertainment/main6096450.shtml

Let's show NBC the screwed up royally!

Ps. Please be aware that I have no ill will for Jay, as I think NBC itself is primarily responsible for the problem. They were too greedy and didn't want to lose Jay or Conan. I think Jay's more or less looking bad because he's getting what he wants and Conan is now.

I'd love to hear everybody else's thoughts.

2. Dustpuppy

Dustpuppy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    integrated - fffffffuuuuu
    I've enjoyed both mens work so I don't feel angry with either. It does strike me as ironic that Leno is getting his old job back because of him having low ratings.

Conan is getting the shaft, but honestly he's got a hell of a lot already so I don't feel too sorry for the man. I doubt he'll have trouble finding work with another network provided he doesn't do something silly like drink himself to death with all the cash they're giving him.

3. Joshua

Joshua Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x eVGA GTX260 Core 216
    That's the thing though, for Conan it's not about what's he's got or everything he's received. He's always made it known that it was about the "Tonight Show" for him. Even back in the old late night days, he would talk about his dream of hosting the Tonight Show ever since he started watching it with Carson.

4. WindtalkerCS

WindtalkerCS Master Guru

GPU:
    2x EVGA GTX 280's
    I have to say that I have mixed feelings on this one. It sucks for conan that he is getting bumped, but he should have never had the job in the first place. I like Conan and watched his show when he followed the tonight show, but that is where he belonged. Jay was the host of the tonight show and that's how it should have stayed.

Conan just doesn't have a broad enough appeal and had to change his show too much when he moved to the tonight show. As a result I don't watch either anymore. The new tonight show just isn't the same as it was, so now you lose the entire late night.

Also I think it's pretty obvious that jay tanked in primetime because a talk show can't compete with scripted shows that people already watch. If everybody had talk shows at 10 I would bet that he would be killing it, but when you go up against Castle and CSI on Monday, whatever CBS and ABC have the rest of the week, I mean that is just doomed for failure.

5. Joshua

Joshua Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x eVGA GTX260 Core 216
    I completely agree that they should've left well enough along with Jay on the Tonight Show and Conan on Late Night. Because they made a risky move, the fans will suffer. Many people have lost respect for Jay and Conan fans are just going to be losing out as a whole if Conan goes off the air.

It just sucks all around.

6. ShadowMyth

ShadowMyth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GByte GTX 980 G1 Windforc
    Agreed +1

7. KCjoker

KCjoker Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 460/w LG 24 LCD
    Yep, Leno had good ratings for years with his show during the 11 time slot. When they moved it up it's a whole different demographic. Looks like it'll be a 3 way battle with Letterman at CBS, Leno at NBC and Conan likely at Fox.