Win7 /Vista and Xp 32bit and 64 bit patchscripts for driver 8.663.3

Discussion in 'RivaTuner Advanced Discussion forum' started by schoko, Jan 6, 2010.

1. maxpoz

maxpoz Active Member

GPU:
    Ati X1600
    Ok,
    sorry but my English is very bad

2. schoko

schoko Guest

GPU:
    Hd2600 Mobility
    viewport performance in maya is back !!!

the problem with the missing viewport performance in maya seems to be solved now.the problem was within the atiogl.xml, where the opengl profiles for the different applications are stored. since a few driver versions the autodetect feature of the firegl driver´s control panel does not let you make any changes to the profiles used for a certain application.

i have made minor changes to the atiogl.xml, and now the viewport performance is back to normal. since i only have tested performancein xp64, i can´t tell if overlay is again responsible for other problems in maya. please test this and report back if it works flawlessly.

just replace the atiogl.xml in the driver, or if already installed just copy the file to c:\windows.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2010
  3. schoko

schoko Guest

GPU:
    Hd2600 Mobility
    i have made a slight change to the atiogl.xml again, and now i am experiencing less performance drops in maya.

you can find this version here :http://depositfiles.com/files/nv8i5wcqj
    after you have replaced the file in c:\windows do a reboot of the system, just to be sure...

please test this and give some feedback about the performance in maya. i have tried to find out what the problem is. with the earlier version of this atiogl.xml i have had problems when i opened an older files ( maya7). after that the performance was gone. possibly there is an opengl capability feature call from maya not working well with the opengl features offered by the driver.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2010
  4. ultrabitch

ultrabitch Member

GPU:
    N/A
    Schoko: Man, you rock! :D

This is working so far on win7 32bit. Thanks for your precious work!

specviewperf shows good results (i also have an hd 2600 mobility). And as you suggested, the modded atiogl.xml does the trick for maya 2009. The overlay is missing though, but maya's viewport renders the bike.ma scene with 50fps! Some of my scenes I tried till now work great! Impressive ;)

Now I'm wondering .. do the original firegl cards behave the same way? If this is true, then the folks at amd who write the drivers have very serious problems. Also, could this atiogl.xml work with normal radeon drivers?

You made my day! I thought that I could no longer work with maya on the laptop (that's why i bought myself a quadro 3800 for the desktop, which by the way is really sweet for maya), but you got it right! Also do you use maya 2010? how is it?

Also, did I mentioned? Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you! :D, Keep up.

5. schoko

schoko Guest

GPU:
    Hd2600 Mobility
    Good question... i have never ever owned a firegl card ( a real one ;) ), so i can´t tell for sure. but maybe some of the guys here work somewhere in the gfx business and have access to a real firegl....

and btw i am running a testversion of maya 2010, and there is not that much new hot stuff in here. but the autodesk people seemed to have optimized the code a bit. response times of some commands seem to be better( not 100% sure, could be my setup), but definitely the viewport performance is a few frames better , in the bike scene i have nearly 60 fps.

6. ultrabitch

ultrabitch Member

GPU:
    N/A
    Edit:
    There are problems with maya 2009 sp1 and the modded atiogl.xml file.

It appears that maya hangs (it does not crash, it justs sits there doing nothing, whenever I press the play button to start an animation with a skeleton on a fairly simple low-poly model).

With the original atiogl.xml in place, it works ok (but the performance is fairly poor). Maybe this is not the case with maya 2010? Can anyone (shocko??) check a simple scene with a bound skeleton?

Last edited: Jan 26, 2010
  7. schoko

schoko Guest

GPU:
    Hd2600 Mobility
    maya 2010 should behave the same as 2009 does. so the problem should be on both versions.

haven´t had much time improve the atiogl.xml settings recently, but today i tried some different approaches to the opengl settings for maya.

for now it seems promising. concerning your rigging problems, it would be great if you could provide a scene with a simple skeleton or a rigged character that has exactly the problem you are talking about.

i could then use that for my testing.

8. Johnpv

Johnpv Member

GPU:
    HD4870
    I find I actually get better performance and I don't have the timeline black box instead of a grey dithered one graphics hiccup using the original atiogl.xml file instead of the modified one.

9. schoko

schoko Guest

GPU:
    Hd2600 Mobility
    here is an update for the new driver 8.72 :
    for now there will only be an update for win7 x64 since this is the only OS i have on my laptop now. in 2 or 3 weeks i´ll update the other scripts.

for win7 x64 Driver version 8.72

please test first if opengl acceleration is available, if not you might be required to make some minor modifications to these files : C7_98297.msi,atiicdxx.dat.

schoko

Last edited: Aug 27, 2010
  10. CADCAT

CADCAT Guest

GPU:
    Mobility HD5870 1GB GDDR5
    Thank you very much schoko, very fast response! I'll try this later with my Mobility HD4670 since I have no HD5xxx card.. Hope someone can test the new gen..

:banana:

edit:

Code:
    Dst2_1 = BA 2E 00 00 00 48 8B CB E8 36 BA FF FF C7 03 81 95 00 00 90 90
    I think this has to be Dst2_0..??

Also the driver version is 8.702 not 8.72 ;)

Last edited: Apr 14, 2010

11. schoko

schoko Guest

GPU:
    Hd2600 Mobility
    my bad...

yeah, you´re right about that. i thought i should delete all the other options, since it is quite a fuss with all the different options. you guys have to enter your cards device id anyway, so there is no need for any more than one variable. so when deleting all the other dst_var´s i forgot to modify the one i used from Dst2_1 to Dst2_0

no, the driverversion is 8.72. it´s been released yesterday, or the day before that. use the script on that one.
    since you guys posted the news of a new driver for v8800 i took a look at ati´s homepage and found the new driver. it´s now in the official download section.

http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/fire/Pages/fire_win7-64.aspx

12. CADCAT

CADCAT Guest

GPU:
    Cool so its even a newer version, if you use the driver search on the german page you only get 8.702 ;)

Removing the other dst_var's is a good idea indeed, makes it easier for people..

Thanks again, I'll try it now..

edit:

looks good =)

3dsmax-04 36.93
    catia-02 28.09
    ensight-03 35.76
    maya-02 117.46
    proe-04 25.45
    sw-01 60.09
    tcvis-01 19.20
    ugnx-01 37.82

sys

C2D P8600 (2,4Ghz)
    Mobility HD4670 512MB GDDR3
    4GB DDR2-667

13. schoko

schoko Guest

GPU:
    Hd2600 Mobility
    ist mir ja fast ein bissl peinlich... hab nicht bemerkt dass ich den fehler beim zusammenkürzen des scriptes erzeugt hab... :eek:neeye: vier augen sind doch besser als zwei.

thanks for your feedback cadcat. if you hadn´t noticed there would probably a lot of people testing a nonworking script.

now i´m curious on the first results of the 5xxx series...

14. khogan112

khogan112 Member Guru

GPU:
    NVidia 9600M GT 512MB
  15. terrablader

terrablader Master Guru

GPU:
    HD4870,HD2900XT,HD4350
    nice, what consumer card would that be equal to? with such fast card is modding to firegl even needed for SW? how about Max max is Direct X anyway correct.

16. terrablader

terrablader Master Guru

GPU:
    HD4870,HD2900XT,HD4350
    ok thats hot...

any success with a 5870 mod?

Last edited: May 15, 2010
  17. terrablader

terrablader Master Guru

GPU:
    HD4870,HD2900XT,HD4350
    thanks for quick response. Eyefinity soon then :)

18. terrablader

terrablader Master Guru

GPU:
    HD4870,HD2900XT,HD4350
    Hi Shoko,

Any luck on a patch for XP 64 for firepro_8.723?

Sorry if I missed it in an earlier post. Read what I could find but I am not always the brightest bulb..:approval:

19. CADCAT

CADCAT Guest

GPU:
    I think he said the 8.723 is the same as 8.720 only with a few cards added so you could try the patch script available.. But I'm not sure ;)

20. terrablader

terrablader Master Guru

GPU:
    HD4870,HD2900XT,HD4350
    oh, i thought he only made a patchscript for windows 7, can you point me to the xp one for those drivers sorry.