Don't u hate those games that don't really teach you how to play it?

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by death_samurai, Jan 13, 2010.

1. Iggyblack

Iggyblack Guest

GPU:
    PNY GTX 960 1330/1790
    did the same with ufc 2009, learned to grapple and reverse (takedowns? i think theyre called) by trial and error.

and gotta agree with you, you cant learn tactics in tutorials.

2. isidore

isidore Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    i feel you there..does stupid ports did gave me a hard time..

3. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    There aren't many games where the tutorials piss me off, but COD has em and they drive me crazy. You should have an option to just pass over it and get to the game. Then again, in MW2 you couldn't even skip past the first opening cinematic.. weak.

I felt like in Dragon Age though I could have used a bit more information.. its a bit daunting to someone like me who usually doesn't play many rts/rpg games.
    You can easily get the hang of it, but the first couple plays the combat system really threw me for a loop and the small windows that they used as explanation was inadequate imo

4. CronoGraal

CronoGraal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6900XT Merc 319
    if a game has to teach you how to play it, it was poorly designed. thats just imo though.

never was, never will be

5. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    wow.. I never saw this earlier in the thread.

Better than street fighter?? Infinitely?
    Fail

6. anticitizen013

anticitizen013 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x R9 280X CrossFire
    Maybe to you. But if you read what I said... I said IN MY OPINION. I really don't care what most other people think. I never liked Street Fighter and thus, I found MK to be better. Since there is no point continuing this conversation about others opinions, I will leave it there since it also has nothing to do with the thread.

As for the tutorials and such... we have this thing in the army called 'refreshers'. Basically before you go on a range or do a training exercise you do these in order to make sure your skills are sharp and you know what you're doing. I think tutorials are a great thing to have even if you already know how to shoot a target or throw a grenade in a hole. Not every FPS plays the same and it's good to get used to the feel of the game and/or modify any controls before your start going at it.

7. Adicto

Adicto Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 9600GT 512MB
    Well, most games are easy to play
    Except simulations, i always end up looking for tutorials in Google :D

8. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    indeed, it's incredibly annoying that developers do not spend 2 minutes of their miserable lives switching the stupid gamepad buttons to a Keyboard equivalent so players can start playing the game instead of wasting their lives finding the controls.

9. Dahzeal33

Dahzeal33 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x eVGA GTX 275 SLI
    I know exactly what you mean about the atari games, but games today are more or less common sense.

I've really got no problem with games having tutorials, but what gets me, is that people piss and moan about some of the more common sense games NOT having tutorials. Then, I just want to kick them in the face.

In short, no one wants to give any effort towards using their brain these days.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2010
  10. stooeh

stooeh Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 295 1792MB
    I don't mind skippable or seperate tutorials for a game, they can be quite useful when you are new to a game or just played it in a long long time :)

One thing that annoys me is when they pop something like 'Press JUMP to clear the gaps (Default: Space)'

I've changed the settings myself so why can't the game just show the key I chose (some games do) instead of some lazy default spam ;)

I know in the end it's keys I have chose myself but some games make me rebind half the keyboard and takes a few presses of each command before I remember etc :bang:

11. yelsewshane

yelsewshane Banned

GPU:
    Sapphire VaporX 290
    I played those games and took me about 2 days to figure out all the moves. No wonder they didn't have to write all the moves down in a booklet when even a dumbass could figure them out in a few hours lol. Hmmmm now what's that make you ? ouch