NVIDIA Might Terminate Partnership with XFX

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by sajibjoarder, Jan 12, 2010.

1. sajibjoarder

sajibjoarder Master Guru

GPU:
    gtx 1080 FE
    XFX was an NVIDIA exclusive Approved Partner until a little over a year ago, when the company began to also manufacture graphics cards based on technology from ATI, the business unit of Advanced Micro Devices. While there has been no indication of NVIDIA planning to drop the partnership with XFX, HardOCP founder Kyle Bennett reports that the rumor had definitely been circulating at CES.

XFX is considered on of the 'big three' along with the aforementioned BFG and EVGA. If NVIDIA is genuinely planning on terminating its relations with this manufacturer, the hardware maker may be significantly affected, especially if the upcoming Fermi graphics adapters prove, as NVIDIA claims, superior to AMD's products.

The GPU maker claims that internal tests have already proven Fermi's superiority and that the company is, currently, in the process of developing the drivers capable of fully utilizing, among other things, the technology's 12 stream processing engines, 384-bit GDDR5 memory controller with ECC and the 768KB unified level-two cache.

XFX, EVGA and BFG are the only partners of the GPU maker that offer a true, lifetime warranty on their graphics products. XFX, however, is unique among all of them through being the only one that allows consumers to transfer the warranty to a different owner. So far, the three-way relationship between NVIDIA, XFX and AMD is the only possible reason why NVIDIA would even be considering the termination of this partnership.

“The video card manufacturer landscape will be very different in the USA this year. Expect to see two or three major brands fall by the wayside when it comes to NVIDIA and AMD GPUs,” Bennett said.

While there has been no official word on the matter, the official announcement is supposedly going to be made soon.

In a similar rumored turn of events, Visiontek's products are also, supposedly, no longer going to be sold through what Kyle Bennett calls “a major USA e-tailer.” Of course, the validity of this rumor, like that of the one concerning XFX, remains to be established.

http://news.softpedia.com/news/NVIDIA-Might-Terminate-Partnership-With-XFX-131790.shtml

is this true?

2. wubbles

wubbles Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX560Ti 1Ghz
    I hope not.

3. Ieldra

Ieldra Banned

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti G1 1500/8000
    I hope not either. XFX makes nice products.

4. civato

civato Guest

GPU:
    2xGTX570 sli on H2O EK

5. wubbles

wubbles Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX560Ti 1Ghz
  6. DSK

DSK Banned

GPU:
    HD5770/BenQ G2220HD
    Its more like the other way round tbh.

7. Fershlugg

Fershlugg Master Guru

GPU:
    PNY GTX 670
    RTFA.

xfx europe is gone as is visiontek EUROPE... since you poor souls have to deal with the euro and vat taxes yer gonna be stuck with just one or two vendors. The press release says nothing about north american nvidia vendors...

8. rash1205

rash1205 Guest

this XFX made suffer a lot. poor quality stuffs didn't even go 1 yr. pathetic!!! moreover they r making ATI products. so whatever NVIDIA decides it will be good.
    Thumbs up NVIDIA.

9. wolfdale

wolfdale Member

GPU:
    XFX GTS 250 1GB Core e.
    in bd u will get poor quality products!china make good product for europe,usa etc. But not for us.thats why it doesn't last for long.

10. sajibjoarder

sajibjoarder Master Guru

GPU:
    gtx 1080 FE
    hellow boys from dhaka..
    whatever xfx or nvidia do we dont have problem with that. but in our country ucc is the only shop where u can get good products. they only import xfx cards. no bfg or evga. so the availability of nvidia cards in bd will be in crisis.. caz we have to depend on the gigabyte cards imported by smart tech..

Last edited: Jan 13, 2010

11. sajibjoarder

sajibjoarder Master Guru

GPU:
    gtx 1080 FE
    i'm using 2 gtx 295 (from ucc) for 9 months. i've over clocked it - no problemat ol. b4 this i have used a 8800gs for 15 months. now my friend is using that ( i sold it to him ) no problem at ol btw i ve overclocked that too.

12. Hekynn

Hekynn Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 460 1gb MSI HAWK
    I don't care never even bought anything from XFX mostly Evga BFG and Asus.

13. ST19AG_WGreymon

ST19AG_WGreymon Guest

GPU:
    eVGA RTX2070
    You guys think our warranties will still be valid?

14. The General

The General Guest

GPU:
    FirePro W5000 2GB
    I never bought XFX cards anyway, don't matter to me. I always buy either BFG, PNY, Galaxy or Sparkle or ASUS. And besides i only seem XFX Radeon products mostly these days.

15. Tat3

Tat3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Ti Super

16. sajibjoarder

sajibjoarder Master Guru

GPU:
    gtx 1080 FE
    i just asked is it true or not...........

17. wubbles

wubbles Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX560Ti 1Ghz
    Schrödinger's Board Partner.

18. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    their gpus are crap anyway lol

19. wubbles

wubbles Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX560Ti 1Ghz
    They are generally considered to be one of the top three Nvidia board partners.

20. Zap

Zap Master Guru

GPU:
    BFG 7600 GT 256MB
    I selectively deleted portions of the OP, and was left with this.

It is a rumor. Please treat it as such unless it becomes fact.