Calling all C3 revision users

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards AMD' started by Renegade8100, Jan 11, 2010.

1. Renegade8100

Renegade8100 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 SC
    What are your config settings, coolers, temps, and what are you using to burn test?

I am under the assumption that either everyone is telling lies about what their specs and frequency are or everyone is on watercooling.

I have a BTF90 and I get 39/62 with 1.42v and 3.7ghz.

What temps do you get with the stock cooler?

2. Renegade8100

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 SC
  3. yelsewshane

yelsewshane Banned

GPU:
    Sapphire VaporX 290
    I have the c3 955be with a zaleman cooler run stock voltage at almost 3.9 ghz and under load prime95 never gets over 52degrees. I found even putting more voltage actually made it unstable. Anyways since heat is not a issue the fact is the internals of this cpu seem to be limited to 3.8 to 4.0 ghz no matter what cooling you have.

4. IPlayNaked

IPlayNaked Banned

GPU:
    XFire 7950 1200/1850
    4ghz at 1.5v at 58C absolute full load on a Scythe Mugen 2

5. harsh

harsh Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 285 SC 1GB
    I have a 965 C3 at 3.8GHz on stock volts with a Corsair H50 cooler. I get about 32C idle and 51C max. For stability and temp testing I use IntelBurnTest. With the stock cooler I got about 40C idle and 63C max at stock speeds.

6. Renegade8100

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 SC
    stock cooler with oc or stock?

7. SnooSnoo

SnooSnoo Guest

GPU:
    Intel HD510
    965 C3 at stock speed and lower voltage (1.325), Scythe andy samurai master heatsink. Idling @ 30-32°C, with prime95 temps skyrocket to 58-59°C in just 2 minutes. Quit testing as soon as they got to 59. Gonna try stock cooler and that voltage to see if the scythe is not sitting right.

I'm not happy with my temps at all as they dont seem to let any oc happen. Currently only playng Fallout3 and the temps are in the middle 40es..

Last edited: Jan 12, 2010
  8. harsh

harsh Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 285 SC 1GB
    When I was using the stock cooler, I ran at stock speeds. Any OC would result in max temps over 65C. It acted like my cooler wasn't making good contact with the CPU. I even tried using some MX-2 on it which made no difference.

When I first got the hardware, I ran Windows XP on it for testing. During that time, my temps were OK. Once I installed Vista 64-bit on it, my max temps went way up. That's when I decided to get a better cooler. I'm assuming that IntelBurnTest can push my CPU harder in 64-bit mode.

9. Mega_Death

Mega_Death Maha Guru

GPU:
    Intel Burn Test is napalm for your cpu, 32-bit or 64-bit, doesn't matter.

No other test I've used created more stress or heat.

10. NomadicX

NomadicX Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1660 Ti
    The results posted here are either what I'd consider normal IE Renegade and Iplay or extremely lucky in the binning department (the others). Where's the middle ground? Something ain't right here. :confused:

11. jmpnop

jmpnop Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 260 Core 216
    My 955 idles 38 on stock cooler...cool considering ambient temp. is always around 28C+

12. Hanky Man

Hanky Man Member

GPU:
    MSI HD6950
    Hi,

I'm running my 965BE on 3,84Ghz with 1,375V Vcore. Using the Scythe Mugen II my Idle Temps are 26 - 30°C (on 1V Vcore CnQ + C1E), running Prime95 for about 30mins temp reaches 48°C (ambient Temperature 19-20°C). Never tested the stock cooler. I've also noticed that the way of putting on thermal paste was very important to my temperatures. I'm not using the spread method anymore because that would in most cases result in air bubbles and therefore bad cooling performance.
    I'd like to know what memory performance you're experiencing. Tested in Everest 5.3 I get the following:

13. SnooSnoo

SnooSnoo Guest

GPU:
    Intel HD510
    Update on my status: Now it takes a whole 11 min of prime 95 to get the cpu up to 59°C(didnt have time to test more). Seems to handle better now after a few tens of hrs of work. Might just be the thermal compound needing time to settle.

14. Xenotone

Xenotone Guest

GPU:
    780 Ti SLI H2O 1230mhz
    i'm using a CoolIT Domino ALC and my temps seem to level out at 57c with prime95's max temp test. That's after 35 mins or so, i'll do a longer test at some point. 4ghz, 1.4625v

15. Nexevo

Nexevo Master Guru

GPU:
    Gainward GTX275 GS
    4GHz with 1.55 v.core using a Scythe Mugen 2 in a TT Spedo case.

Idle 35c, stressed using prime 95 54c.

Sorry I never tried the stock cooler.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. Renegade8100

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 SC
    maybe i should get that heatsink yall are using Scythe Mugen 2

17. hoangeagle

hoangeagle Member

GPU:
    HIS-57701Gb-w/22"Acer
    thx for share

18. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Guest

GPU:
    PNY GTX 970 4GB @ 1490Mhz
    3.767 GHz with stock v.core using a Stock cooler in a Antec 900 case, haven't bothered to stress it really yet. Its running 35 C with all cores at roughly 20% usage

EDIT: hmmm.... I just noticed my 955 BE is a C2 not a C3

Last edited: Jan 24, 2010
  19. SnooSnoo

SnooSnoo Guest

GPU:
    Intel HD510
    A further update. I placed the stock cooler just to test it. With stock voltages and clocks my 965 c3 idles at about 35°C, but prime gets it up to 64°C in 2 minutes.

Placed the Scythe back on using the peasized thermal in the middle of the IHS and it behaves like before. Everything stock, ~30°C idle, 45°C gaming (fallout3) and prime takes it over the 63°C threshold.

Ill be running it @stock speeds/voltages for a few months as it seems now. Its more than fast enough with my current gfx/monitor.

Forgot to mention that I keep C1E and CnQ on.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2010
  20. Liranan

Liranan Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6870 1000/1200
    I have no idea why everyones temperatures are so low. I've tried two different motherboards, two different 955BE's, two different coolers and I still get much higher temperatures than everyone else is getting.

But then reading on the internet I'm inclined to believe the 62C maximum AMD recommend is only a guideline as a lot of people are complaining about reaching that at stock speeds with the stock cooler. It'd be ludicrous for AMD to not take into consideration parts of the world where temperatures will certainly exceed what they consider 'maximum'. If they have then it's stupid beyond belief.