Uncharted 2 wins game of the year. Discuss!

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by Strikerx80, Dec 13, 2009.

1. rflair

rflair Don Coleus Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT
    Its a great game.

The only flaw with it is that it was an exclusive, and I hate that no matter which platform. Game of the year should go to a game that covers as many platforms as possible. IMHO

2. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    That would of course impact the graphics most likely, like all other multi platformers. Exclusive titles have devs who focus intently all their resources for a specific hardware, usually yielding the best results from that hardware.

Thats why U2 looks as good as it does just like Grand tursmo 5, MGS4...etc.
    The multi plats. for the PS3 look quite average at best, especially compared with the exclusives.

3. michaelmk86

michaelmk86 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080
    You talk like a consolekiddo. You have to understand that pc gaming give you better experience than console gaming. Console gaming is only for casual gamers, kids and poor people.

By the way my pc don’t cost near as 2k and also pc’s have better Cost/benefit ratio than consoles.

4. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400

Well there you have it people, the last vestige of any kind of validity to the above poster stance on console gaming have now just gone south down the toilet pan by their own hand.....now all that's left is a ranting blinkered sycophant PC snob with all the credibility of a UK tabloid.

And all done by their own hand. LOL

5. MrRixter

MrRixter Member Guru

GPU:
    AMD 295x2
    The cheapest ps3 can be had for £250. the cheapest graphics card that can output graphics not only equal but even better than the ps3 can be had for £75. add that graphics card to any computer that you bought in the last 4 years (which is the lifespan of the ps3)and bingo you got a gaming rig. everybody needs a computer as everybody needs a tv so if you dont add the cost of the tv i wont add the cost of a brand new computer. for £250 you can do an upgrade to a computer that you bought in the last 4 years and have a rig that can easily outperform the ps3. add to that the fact that pc games cost less and you get more bang for your buck.

are you taking cheapshots at me for my graphics card? i bought because i wanted to and i could easily afford it. i own an xbox360 as well that i rarely use. there is no way to find the time to play pc exlusives + xbox360 exclusives+ps3 exclusives so its completely pointless for me to buy a ps3 a i already own o blu ray player. pc covers all my gaming needs.

i know that you can buy some 3rd party peripherals for the ps3 from logitech for example but its dwarfed by the amount and variety of 3rd party peripherals you can buy for the pc plus the fact that you can use a ps3 pad or an xbox360 pad+natal soon or a wii mote. you cant buy 3rd party peripherals for the xbox360 though. so if you want to play forza motorsport 3 with a good wheel like the g25 u are out of luck.

yes you can browse the internet or use some multimedia functions with your ps3 but nothing that a good pc cant do 10 times easier. A HTPC is the ultimate multimedia hub for any living room and some of the htpc cases look damn sexy and make consoles look like cheap toys which they really are when you think about it.

yes you do have to buy a wireless adapter when your router is simply out of range. if you really think that ms is not ripping people off then you are just in denial.

consoles do have their place. ps3 can be a good blu-ray player and they make great presents for kids. they are also good for a couple of games once in a while. however most console gamers in the real world (its not true for this forum though for obvious reasons) regarding pc gaming are either clueless, misinformed or plain simple ignorant. you cant say that about pc gamers which usually know what they are talking about.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2010
  6. BlueDragon

BlueDragon Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5870
    I am very sorry but you are wrong, “pc gaming give you better experience than console gaming” what are you on, where is pc gaming better then console gaming please tell me as for me I own a great pc and own a PS3 as well and I am looking forward to heavily rain on the PS3 which will be a great game and regard the PS3 just as good as my PC.

Yes the PC as higher resolution AA etc, but when gaming it’s the game play that counts, but I do admit I could not play a wii as the graphics on that are just not good.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2010
  7. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    I mean really what a complete load of old guff, a 4 year old PC with a £75 video card that will run Unchrated 2 better than the machine its been designed to run on,......i mean were are you digging this BS up from, you would be lucky to get a new PC game to run on that 4 year old PC never mind a PS3 game....you trying running Fallout 3 on that 4 year old PC with that £75 video card and you tell me it will look better than PS3/360.

Complete load of old bang wallop.

So why the **** are you ina PS3 thread bitching about PS3 games and how they look compared to PC games when you dont even own one???

ROFLMAO...this from somebody who has just admitted to not owning the very bit of hardware they are so admit is worse than a PC........talk about a own goal.

Pure unadulterated comedy gold.

8. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    This seriously has become a funny thread :thumbup:

9. Beavis

Beavis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Quadro K620
    That is a massive generalization right there.

PS3 has more uses than just gaming for people that don't know how to put together a PC anyway.

10. charliehamster

charliehamster Guest

GPU:
    PNY GTX-1070

I was reluctant to dignify that comment with a response but i feel i have to.

MRRixter, you`re conclusive proof that snow white had sex with dopey!

11. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    What does any of this have to do with Uncharted 2? I think we obtained a couple of jealous PC only owners afraid to admit that PC games are just ports that devs will never take advantage of...go out and buy a console and enjoy games for what they are or continue to enjoy the DRM buggy backwash ports constrained to your chair and stfu.

12. MrRixter

MrRixter Member Guru

GPU:
    AMD 295x2
    yes any pc with a dual core, 2gb+ ram plus a gpu like the ati 4850 will outperform the ps3. do you even realize how cheaply made consoles are?

lol it doesnt take rocket science to figure out that the ps3 hardware which we all know what it consists of is extremely outdated compared to any modern pc. playing games at 720p or even sub hd resolutions and struggling to maintain 30fps proves that. pc gaming rigs would cut through uncharted 2 like a hot knife through butter.

13. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    and amazing the graphics they can get out of it isnt it. Along with same audio, physics, A.I. Models..etc, shame they don't put that kind of effort into pc games. PC's potential is worthless if no one designs algorithims just for PC hardware.

Most PC gamers on average still play at 1280x1024.:3eyes:
    There are many games that are 60fps available. And games like GT5 will be 1080p 60fps, supposedly FF13 will be as well.

"Would"sure but we live in reality and U2 does not exist for PC, Devs don't even try to push PC hardware. Crytek was the only one in the last few years that made efforts to push latest tech exclusively for PC and now they gone multiplat and proved that Consoles can do Crysis at mid-high graphics, pretty good for such ancient tech, so it really does not matter now does it.

However judging by all other ports, it takes a high end rig to maximize them at playable frame rates and even thats often times doesnt break 30fps. Then many just say its not optimized, crappy ports...etc. all it can do at best is offer AA and higher res. plus provide DRM and Limited activations, sweet deal.
    Look at GTA4, Dragon age, Assassins creed...etc. They dont run too great at max settings less you have some pretty decent hardware, Certainly more than 512 mbs ram and a gtx7800 thats for sure. GTA 4 runs like crap unless you either play at 720p levels or buy a good quad core and higher end card.

The average PC gaming rig pretty much sucks anyway.
    [​IMG]

14. Strikerx80

Strikerx80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 980 Ti SC +120/+300
    great thread lol. yeah its obvious you and mike86 wish you had some good titles to truly test out your rigs on...but get nothing but ports for your card. funny that a pc couldnt run them as good with equivelent hardware as their console counterparts. nvidia and ati are laughing all the way to the bank with you buddy. 250gts is a fine card for 90% of pc games out there @ 1680x1050 max detail. its suited for the countless ported games for pc like modern warfare and LFD2 etc. my rig blazes through these games and yes they look better than the consoles.... but i guess my rig sucks because i get 80fps instead of 150 lol. as for all these amazing pc exclusives, well there are none. so no need to upgrade to a 285 or better.

what you people fail so hard at is that no one is arguing the power of pc and that its hardware is superior, its that the quality of games for pc's are lacking and dont come close to utilizing these gaming rigs. i will spend my money where i get the most out of it.

i upgrade based on the games market. not just to have the best hardware. i could use that money to improve my home.

15. MrRixter

MrRixter Member Guru

GPU:
    AMD 295x2
    what ever helps you sleep buddy. i game at 1080p with 4xaa and 16af and i love that my gtx 295 can maintain 60fps+ in all but a couple of games. on the other hand some people are easily satisfied and if a couple of hunderd dollars that a good gpu costs will help you improve your home then you do have a problem there. people with great hardware rarely show off, its guys like you that pick on them out of jealousy.

you are not really that much of a pc gamer if you care about games like mw2 or left4reharsh 2. Real pc gamers played games like these in the past year:

Empire Total War
    Anno 1404
    Dawn of war 2
    Shattered horizon
    Arma 2
    Cryostasis
    Kings Bounty
    Wings of prey
    Torchlight
    Machinarium
    Tropico 3
    Risen

all exclusive and ONLY possible on a pc at this level of design. do you even know half of these games? or you just buy whatever companies hype and advertise and then move on to the next "big" thing like console gamers do...

plus the best versions of quality multiplats like:
    Dragon Age origns
    Batman AA
    Dirt 2
    Resident evil 5

seriously dude its common knowledge that console games this generation run at 720p or even sub 720p at 25-30fps. the statistic for 1080p games is 2 out of 100. your only hope is gt 5 which has been coming out for like forever and its a racing game with 2d spires in the enviroment graphics. lmao! or maybe you missed out the major dissapointments from the latest demo of gt5. graphics crap compared to the touched up screenshots, physics weird etc etc. ff runs at 720p confirmed, its out already in japan and it sucks according to japanese reviews, gamers.

the average pc rig according to steam has at least 2gb of ram, dual core and 8800 series or ati 4800 series. sorry but that destroys any consoles of this generation.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2010

16. Strikerx80

Strikerx80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 980 Ti SC +120/+300
    lol what ever helps me sleep, what an ass.... yeah my pc not being cutting edge is really a sore spot in my life.......

i dont recall me starting anything here. this is just my thread about uncharted 2 game of the year. its self rightous asses like yourself coming in here trolling the thread about how pc is superior and my hardware can do this and that attitude.

its ok though you probably dont have much else in life so you should take pride in the one thing you do have. your rig seems pretty important to you, when someone disputes the reasoning for a top end rig in todays pc gaming market, (which we all no is **** compared to 2001-2005 time frame) you defend it tooth an nail. i really think its you who needs to feel good about yourself so you can sleep at night.

during that time pc gaming was awesome, i always kept top of the line gpu's from the 4800 to the 7800 when they were released. maybe this is your first cutting edge rig.....congrats.

edit - after seeing your join date at guru3d my suspision of that seems more probable

17. Strikerx80

Strikerx80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 980 Ti SC +120/+300
    well this is my final post in this thread as it has been hijacked beyond words lol. anyway we all have our opinions and no one can change those. i personally feel the pc platform is....not dying but certainly not as strong as it was in the early to mid 2000's. i for one do hope it will become stronger again as this generation of consoles nears the end of their life starting next year.

i would like to see some AAA exclusive shooters on the platform as i only play shooters, and the occasional mmo and rpg on my pc. only then will i be giving my system an overhaul.

until this actually happens.... if it ever does (developers are more and more thinking of pc as an after-thought) i will continue to enjoy the great games consoles have to offer even if the graphics start look older and older.

@ the trolls in this thread enjoy your rigs and hopefully soon you will get some better titles worthy of them.

incase you forgot what a AAA title consists of, here is a list. you two PC only gamers in this thread might want to take special note of the "bug free" part.

http://www.gameproducer.net/2006/05/26/what-are-aaa-titles/

18. Beavis

Beavis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Quadro K620
    I hope Mr Rixter is not a professional journalist because I'd hate to see his reviews for current games.

It seems his criteria for a great game is for it to run at 60fps with 4xAA at the highest resolution. And of course to be exclusive for PC.

19. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    yeah it seems he doesnt like games at all. its all about resolutions and AA. he just likes his pc. and thats all that counts.

20. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    He contradicts himself big time as well... One minute he's telling us that nobody in their right mind would stick to a 250gts if they could afford a better card. Then next minute he tells us that all we need is a £75 gpu lol. What a twat!