THE FIRST picture GF100 in CES 2010

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by cold2010, Jan 7, 2010.

1. Dethangel

Dethangel Member

GPU:
    nVIDIA GTX 480 1.5GB
    Do you guys think the GF100 reference cards will offer Displayport outputs?

2. dchalf10

dchalf10 Banned

GPU:
    GTX670 1293/6800
    it's possible...but nvidia were late to the party with hdmi, so they may be late with display port too

3. wubbles

wubbles Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX560Ti 1Ghz
    Or maybe they just want to spare their users the trauma of loads of different ports that do exactly the same thing.

4. dchalf10

dchalf10 Banned

GPU:
    GTX670 1293/6800
    or not, I see you have an nvidia card...no need to get on the defensive, I with my card had hdmi plain and simple, it would simply be future proofing the cards ( so if a larger res monitor 2560x1920 with 120hz ) came out, display port would provide enough bandwidth

5. wubbles

wubbles Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX560Ti 1Ghz
    My comment was intended as a humourous off the cuff remark about the multitude of ports that exist and how you find equiptment gets left behind because of it.

I'm sorry if you take it as me rushing to defend a large company like a rampant fanboy over its slow port adoption rate as I'm sure some are more then happy to do.

6. AnthraxPants

AnthraxPants Banned

GPU:
    XFX 4890HD 1GB
    I think that the ATI and Nvidia cards are going to be pretty close performance wise. Fermi architecture looks very promising, the only thing that may hold it back is heat. Once the fabrication process is improved then Fermi may be able to run at full speed with 512 shaders. I am going to wait for the second or third refresh of the architecture, 8800GTS 320MB -> 8800GTS 512MB for example.