Flavio Briatore - Lifetime ban lifted

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Risco, Jan 5, 2010.

1. Risco

Risco Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 650M
  2. rflair

rflair Don Coleus Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT
    That is disgusting, someone should investigate this french court and its relations to the french company Renault. If I was F1 I would let everyone know exactly who reinstated them, as no other country took up this cause except a french court trying to back a french company.

3. inklimited

inklimited Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6850 900MHz
    Hmm... brilliant strategist, butthole of a manager. In the end I suppose it's one of those quirks of racing. You never think of those things which you thought noone would ever do.

Penalise him, and rewrite the rule book so that this will never happen again.

4. Alec**

Alec** Maha Guru

GPU:
    Saphire 5850 1GB H²0
    Saw the news this-afternoon ... and disgusted. Cheating in a sport in which so much money is at steak, well just cheating in a sport, especially to this extent. He should have the lifetime ban sentence and never be welcome into any sport again.

I'm sorry but when it comes down to something like this there shouldn't have even been hearings etc. he admitted it, there's no more to investigate and there should be no question about his punishment. And what the courts have said today is just plain stupid.

5. inklimited

inklimited Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6850 900MHz
    Is it against the rules to crash on purpose? Or is it something which noone ever thought would happen, other than crashing/ramming into another car?

6. Alec**

Alec** Maha Guru

GPU:
    Saphire 5850 1GB H²0
    I can't remember off the top of my head but I don't think there's a direct rule saying 'You can't deliberately crash into another car' but I'm pretty sure there's a rule which is a bit broader in terms of deliberately taking a course of action which could affect the outcome of the race. Sorry, not much help on that one though.

7. inklimited

inklimited Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6850 900MHz
    Schumacher was doing stuff like this for years, lol!

Crashing into opponents, parking his car in a chicane during qualifying etc.

Was he banned? Or applauded as a "genius"?

Yet, everyone forgets the time Montoya won a dry race on wet tyres....magic.

8. izikog

izikog Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 6950@70 910/1400
    I am OK with that... piquetinho is gay... why he did not report the situation when happened but only after one year when he was kiked off the car as totaly unable to drive a f1 car?... for me there can be some truth in this story but mostly was constructed by nazzi fetish mosley who probably play sexual games with gay pichuetinio....

9. Tyler Dalton

Tyler Dalton Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    In racing, if you aren't cheating at least a little bit, you aren't trying hard enough. I know in stock car racing especially that if you aren't at least bending a rule here and there then you are running in the back, I would assume it's the same in F1.

10. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    well every1 saw schumacher cheating :D and he got penalized more then once for those acts but this briatore thing was in the dark for longtime.

11. alg7_munif

alg7_munif Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4870 X2
    Eventhough I don't like what Flavio did but I gladly accept this decision since this proves that Max Mosley was abusing his power.

12. dave11

dave11 Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX6800M
    The only reason the ban was lifted is because the ban would have prevented him from getting a source of income. So it was against his human rights.

Well thats how i read into it, but he shouldnt be allowed to go back into motorsport. Who would hire him anyway?

Dave