do you lie to youre wife,GF about what you spend on your rig

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by chris, Jan 6, 2010.

1. chris

chris Guest

GPU:
    GTX460
    So,do you lie to your wife,GF on what you spend on pc hardware and mabe hide your credit card statements.
    You know how some woman are,whatever you spend on yourself you have to spend on them as well.
    So when you buy that shiny new grafix card or CPU and your wife.GF asked you
    how mutch is was or where you get the money from,what do you reply?

2. Zer0K3wL

Zer0K3wL Banned

GPU:
    gtx 480 850/1700/2000 h2o
    i dont got a girl friend ;>

3. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    I think that if you'd have to hide your transactions then you really don't have that money to spend in the first place.

protip, separate savings account that you divert money into monthly that she agrees with

Last edited: Jan 6, 2010
  4. biggerx

biggerx Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3070 FTW
    Oh this silly thing? They call it a GTX380. It's bottom of the line, but it has some power in it. They told me at the store it has a good price to power ratio. It was only $90! :D

*hides $600 statement*

5. marshrat

marshrat Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 275x2
    I think your wrong there mate, I have enough money to buy what I want for my rig, I just don't have enough to spend the same on my wife.:flip2:

6. chris

chris Guest

GPU:
    GTX460
    I fully agree with you here,but if you say that something cost X amount and your statement says otherwise,could just end up in the dog box,until making up for not telling the truth

7. dchalf10

dchalf10 Banned

GPU:
    GTX670 1293/6800
    Nope my gf is the best, she knows i'm saving hard for fermi/new monitor/sandy bridge in a years time, and we budget so we both get a set amount of money to spend on whatever we want each payday, and she told me I can have her money to add to my savings...I didn't ask or anything, she just straight up offered to give me her money each week for my pc fund :D, she's the best

8. Doug

Doug Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Lol thats awesome

Mine doesn't care, I spend a ton on her anyway and she fights me for the chance to pay a bill or for a round of drinks. Let her buy our meal the other day because she begged so much, felt like part of what little manliness i have died as her card went into the reader :( lol

9. inklimited

inklimited Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6850 900MHz
    GPUs come in massive boxes. Just take it out of the box on the way home...

10. Enizax

Enizax Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 TUF OC
    well for my fiancée it's handbags, for me it's mah comp ^^ we've got our said weakness :D Gah! I can't wait to see her!

I hear ya, mate!

11. neurokrem-rs

neurokrem-rs Banned

GPU:
    XFX 8800 now "Ultra"
    Do you ask her where she spends her money?Probably not.So what gives her the right to ask you.When she spend money on makeup,clothes ,useless furniture and other crap does she give you any explanation or just the bill to pay?
    Dude,grow a spine!Feel free to tell her whats the true cost of the gfx card.Women like confident men.Everything looks better if its supported by confidence.What the worst thing she can do?Bite your head off?I don think so.
    I told my woman that im getting 5870.She dont even know what the damn thing is!But because she loves me she wanted to buy me one as a Christmas present.I told her that i dont need that yet(well until March when Fermi comes out and i can compare performance...)
    Anyway grow a pair,dont circle around the subject,dont lie,just say it like a man!

12. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    when I lived with my ex I used to use OCuk a lot coz I could work out exactly what day the delivery would come and then order so that she would be at work when it comes... she never had a clue that I spent hundreds of £££ on my rig :)

13. dchalf10

dchalf10 Banned

GPU:
    GTX670 1293/6800
    They don't need to know the specifics of our hobby to be the voice of reason, I told my GF how much money my next GPU was likely to cost, and her simplistic, but very rational response was "but will it really give you that much more enjoyment over the one you have now for the amount of money it costs", and the answer is no. I'm sure I would have made much more stupid impulse PC purchases had she not reeled me in, and I thank her, because instead of buying a gtx295 a while back, I held off and will now have money for fermi, same with a cpu, I would have rushed out and bought and i7/new mobo/ram, and probably still been paying it off on the credit card...but the mrs convinced me to save and wait for something better, so I will.

They might be a bit crazy but those females know the score. + my mrs is a lot smarter than me so it pays to listen...that and she did every single one of my distance ed uni assignments for me because I told her it was really hard..which it was, so she did her double degree ( bachelor of arts/Law) + my units as well....

To reiterate, I love my GF :D :D

14. sava700

sava700 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080GTX FWT
    I don't hide anything..I just purchased another 24" Wide Screen Dell Ultra Sharp for 400$ and I told the wife... the money I spend on my comp parts are from my side job I took up of fixing them for people around the area.. I make good money just doing that on the side.

15. Bodar

Bodar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Lots of Fermi'zzzz
    "do you lie to youre wife,GF about what you spend on your rig"

hell yeah!! :bigsmile:

16. Copey

Copey Guest

GPU:
    960 2GB
    my mrs knows i spend loads of cash on my car, computers and booze but she aint fussed, tell her when i go strip clubs with the lads aswell and she aint bothered about that either lol

17. justmeez

justmeez Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX670 SC SLI
    I don't let my GF see my bank statements. That is MY money, she didn't work for it so she can't decide how its spent. :3eyes:

*just my two cents*

18. dchalf10

dchalf10 Banned

GPU:
    GTX670 1293/6800
    that can't be a good sign of trust, I have had a joint bank account with my gf since we started going out, we share everything, you should try it, it makes life a lot easier

19. anticitizen013

anticitizen013 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x R9 280X CrossFire
    My girlfriend gets mad at me whenever I spend my money on things I want that make me happy (games, computer, Warhammer, etc). Yet she smokes pot. That's like burning your money and making yourself stupid at the same time.

...and I'm the bad guy... :p

20. neurokrem-rs

neurokrem-rs Banned

GPU:
    XFX 8800 now "Ultra"
    I dont trust myself sometimes(so i double check everything) let alone my woman.Im not in to that sex-equality-mutual-understanding thing.If i make my choice about something(and i think a lot before i do anything) i dont want her meddling with my thoughts.

A few minutes ago i watched documentary about swingers on DoQ channel which made me wish to burn down my TV.I watched a little married slut put up to several guys at a swinger party while her husband had to watch and he said he was "OK" with it!!!??
    I mean come on!!!Who likes watching his wife being banged by some other guy???Dude where is you dignity,its your wife!!!
    I cant understand men who cant control their women!
    Im a little off topic,but men across the globe do need to take control of their women.