Phenom II now "supported" on M2N-SLI Deluxe

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards AMD' started by ST19AG_WGreymon, Feb 4, 2009.

1. Kolos

Kolos Member

GPU:
    8800GTS 320MB
    Cyber-Cb, I don't think that you forged screenshot, but just that you are unaware of compatibility issue which your mobo has with PII 955.
    Obviously your CPU runs only at 800 MHz, no matter what are your settings in bios. AMD Clock, as well Windows 7, wrongfully detects CPU speed, meanwhile CPU-Z shows its real state.
    You can try Cinebench rendering test and if it is completed above 2 minutes, then real speed of your CPU is below stock speed (3,2GHz).

Here you have such incompatibility report with similar mobo (M2N32-SLI Deluxe). ;)

2. Cyber-Cb

Cyber-Cb Member

GPU:
    Gainward GTX 260 Golden
    I have the same idea, whit the mainbord and the cpu don't wanne work together :bawl:

I have plans to buy a new mainbord when i get some money again
    I will buy this i think:
    ASUS M4A785TD-V EVO, Socket-AM3
    OCZ Gold DDR3 1333MHz 4GB KIT
    and maybe a new cpu cooler to :)
    In my plans:
    Noctua NH-U9B
    or
    Thermalright TRUE Black 120 whit Noctua NF-P12-1300 - 120mm
    or somthing else, any one there have a god cpu cooler to the P2 955BE to a prize below 800 DKR / 160 US Dollars

3. Kolos

Kolos Member

GPU:
    8800GTS 320MB
    This MB is less then 80 € in Germany, which is quite reasonable price. If you would like to overclock, here are some recommendations.

Another thing, did you try to use PhenomMsrTweaker? I know that your chances are poor, because bios settings don't have any impact, but you have nothing to lose.

4. Cyber-Cb

Cyber-Cb Member

GPU:
    Gainward GTX 260 Golden
    I will look at it.
    About the MB, it cost 599DKR or 80 € here in Denmark ;)

5. ST19AG_WGreymon

ST19AG_WGreymon Guest

GPU:
    eVGA RTX2070
    Hmmm...the 955BE has been tested and works flawlessly with the M2N-SLI Deluxe. Something else could be the cause.

6. Cyber-Cb

Cyber-Cb Member

GPU:
    Gainward GTX 260 Golden
    Hmm i'm don't now :S
    But will buy a new MB and hope it will get the cpu up in speed again ;)

7. Kolos

Kolos Member

GPU:
    8800GTS 320MB
    Cyber-Cb, maybe this procedure will work for you.

8. Cyber-Cb

Cyber-Cb Member

GPU:
    Gainward GTX 260 Golden
    OMG thanks i works ;)

CPU-Z [​IMG]

;) lets go overcloking ^^

9. Cyber-Cb

Cyber-Cb Member

GPU:
    Gainward GTX 260 Golden
    And we go and go up in speed ^^

Standard clock [​IMG]

10. Kolos

Kolos Member

GPU:
    8800GTS 320MB
    Great, now you don't need new motherboard.:)

11. Cyber-Cb

Cyber-Cb Member

GPU:
    Gainward GTX 260 Golden
    Hehe no
    now i'm happy ^^
    So now i can buy some better cooling ^^ :)

12. dadams

dadams Member

GPU:
    MSI Radeon HD6870
    Hi all! I hope this topic is still open for discussion as I'm in a slight predicament concerning my M2N-SLI Deluxe. I'm planning on buying a Phenom II 945 AM3 (non BE) and hooking it into my ASUS. Problem is I don't feel too comfortable trying to get a AM3 working on this board. Although Cyber-Cb got his 955 BE up and running on this board, the 945 is not on ST19AG_WGreymon's list of proven compatible CPU's. Unfortunately going AM3 and DDR3 is not an option until March next year, by which time I would purchase a MSI 790FX-GD70 and 4GB OCZ DDR3. It would be nice to have the 945 replace my ancient Athlon X2 untill then.

By the way, thanks to all for this topic, wouldn't have considered an AM3 CPU for my board until reading this forum. Any help or suggestions will be much appreciated.......

13. Keitosha

Keitosha Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX6800 / Vega56
    It is set to 4, because he has Cool 'n Quiet enabled. CnQ clocks down the cpu to a min of 800Mhz when doing nothing or browsing.
    I think the screens are pretty valid. Great OC nonetheless.

14. FOG>Daheee

FOG>Daheee Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA RTX3070 Ultra
    Hi guys and season greetings to all AMD owners :)

I was thinking of getting this Proc as a nice little upgrade and was wondering if this will work on the M2N SLI Deluxe motherboard. If it does then which Bios will I need as at the moment I am running Revision 1404. Also anything else I need to do apart from uninstalling the AMD Dual core Optimizer. Also will I need to install a new version of Vista 64 or will it work with my exsisting one.

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=CP-244-AM&groupid=701&catid=6&subcat=1328

Ty for any help.

15. blizard985

blizard985 Member

GPU:
    GigaByte GTS 250 1GB
    hi all, i have strange situation, i bought yesterday phenom II 955, my mobo is like in the topic M2N SLI DELUXE with 1701 bios, i've instaled ntune and i cant set core multiplier, ntune not display this option at all, i dont know why, in the bios i changed core multiplier to x16 and no luck in ntune...any help will be greatfull, thanks again

blizz

Last edited: Dec 24, 2009

16. Kolos

Kolos Member

GPU:
    8800GTS 320MB
    blizard985, did you disabled Cool'n'Quiet in bios? Also you should set Power Options in Vista/W7 (if you use one of these OS) to High Performance.

17. Kolos

Kolos Member

GPU:
    8800GTS 320MB
    He has 800 MHz all the time (idle & load). In case of X4 955 & M2N-SLI Deluxe C'n'Q does not work the way it should, because Asus never provided bios for AM3. Yes, the screens are valid, but some values on them were not correct and misled owner (AMD Clock, System CPU speed). So, that was the whole point of my first post. To get X4 955 near 4,6 GHz on air is a dream which will never come true :cry:.

18. FOG>Daheee

FOG>Daheee Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA RTX3070 Ultra
    So anyone able to help. I see that it is listed in the first post of this thread but wondering if it is the same chip?

19. gstanford

gstanford Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080Ti
    You ASUS users are lucky sods. Here I am with two abit nForce 590's (A9N32x & A9N32x fatality) and no hope of running Phenom II's in them, stuck with their current 6000+'s.

Two great motherboards forced to gather dust, thanks to lack of support/interest on the part of nvidia/amd, not to mention my abit KN8 SLI stuck on a 3800+ single core thanks to AMD abandoning socket 939 abruptly (still have not totally forgiven them for that).

20. dcgerard

dcgerard Active Member

GPU:
    nVidia Refrence GTX260

The C'n'Q on the phenom II is in the processor itself, so a bios update wouldn't be needed anyways for that to function. Just like the memory controller is now on the CPU these days also (which is why people can use the 1066 ram when the new chip is installed). CPU-Z shows my old 6400+ at x5 on the multiplier because that's as low as a dual core can go.