Nvidia Drivers 195.81

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by russ1, Dec 15, 2009.

1. BCC335

BCC335 Guest

GPU:
    XFX GTX 285/Evga GTX 480
    Uhh.... No.... I'm doing it right.....
    and the drivers are failing to perform as intended.....

Hence, my Primary reason for posting.....

My Secondary reason for posting was to allow Deep thinking Wallys like yourself to respond with egocentric one line comments that add nothing to the discussion and are in fact completely self serving.......

Now that I know that "I'm doing it wrong", Perhaps myself and the other humble board members can all bow down and marvel at your superior intellect, experience, knowledge and strong unselfish desire to help others.....

btw.... am I responding correctly? Maybe you can Mentor me...... :)

kind regards,
    Bcc335 :)

Last edited: Dec 29, 2009
  2. DooGie

DooGie Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 970 SC
    Well tell him how he should be doing it Squall.
    At Maha Guru status you should be giving clear guidlines on how to sort out probs not one liners!

3. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Lol.......

What NCP settings are you using, because from what you've described it partly sounds like you're using the default driver settings...

I'm using the 186.18's atm cause of the scaling problems in the newer drivers.

4. TruMutton_200Hz

TruMutton_200Hz Guest

GPU:
    Iris Xe
    Engineers? Where? I paid 543.50 € for my Asus 7800GTX TOP back in early 2006 and then they decided to break VIVO support all of a sudden. Now, after not having given accurate 23.976 Hz vertical refresh support to HTPC users year after year as well, the recently added option to disable HDMI audio is hopelessly borked even though people have been asking to add it, you guessed it again: year after year.

5. BCC335

BCC335 Guest

GPU:
    XFX GTX 285/Evga GTX 480
    Doogie, I find your post creates a strong mental image of a hammer coming down on the head of a nail. :)

Pill Monster:
    On both my WinXpsp3 and Win7 64 I did clean uninstall using safe mode and driver cleaner (sop)....etc.. before installing the 195.62 or 195.81

After I experienced the problems I had I went back and reinstalled again using the same method thinking it possibly could have just been a bad install. No change though. I then decided to give the 195.81 a try and they were better than the 195.62 for me but many of the problems remained.

As far as the control panel I went through all settings, tried forcing aa etc...
    No joy. Tried going back to NCP let application decide, force my preference quality, etc.. No difference.

In any case I solved the problem by going back to 182.50. It solved all the problems and Iq is spot on excellent on my system (WinXPsp3side).

For the Win7 64 side went back to 191.07 but getting fps drops and slow downs in COD WAW/(watching adaptive power) :)

Will probably give the 188.25's a shot and try the next whql's that come out.
    Hopefully they will be a little more sorted out for my system.

regards,
    Bcc335

6. Squall Leonhart

Squall Leonhart Banned

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 275 896
    lol, it was a one liner because i don't know exactly how anyone can do something as fail as that o_O.

if AA's not working its almost always because another app is preventing aa from being applied. and shimmering is caused by not clamping the lod.

It probably falls back to an incorrect installation of the driver though, especially if you just install it over the top if an older driver.

7. BCC335

BCC335 Guest

GPU:
    XFX GTX 285/Evga GTX 480
    If the other board members will forgive my directness....

Who is this Idiot..... Is he 13 years old.....

Squall, Are you familiar with the term Reading Comprehension? If not look it up and re-read both of my posts....

After re-reading them 6,7,8, 9 more times please be aware of the part where I specifically state the procedure and method used to install and re-install the 195.62, 195.81 and 182.50 drivers...... and how using this standard deinstall, safe mode, drivercleaner install method installing 182.50 drivers eliminated all problems......

8. Weesni

Weesni Master Guru

GPU:
    AORUS RTX 3080 M10G

9. Squall Leonhart

Squall Leonhart Banned

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 275 896
    Commonly, the idiot is the one that regresses to name calling.

Specific games and screenshots were not posted. At this point, it still remains to be proven that it isn't user error. Old drivers may just be more "idiot proof", on flinging the same insults as the user with problems.

10. Muyfa666

Muyfa666 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 8GB
    Let's not forget the famous quote here fellas... "Arguing on the internet is like competing in the special olympics. Even if you win you are still retarded." ;-)

11. Ukraver

Ukraver Master Guru

GPU:
    msi r280x oc
    lmao oh deary me xmas spirit is flowing i c , has anyone got anythinhg usefull about the drivers to say , like is the downclocking in games still happening with these ? or should i just insult someone with a smart arse comment like the last 2 pages of this ? :stewpid:

12. Serious Tom

Serious Tom Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX970 G1 Gaming
    I agree, I just wasted my time with reading this, but Special Olympics was funny.
    It's to bad that there isn't a poll attached to each driver thread that gives you a rating of the drivers IQ and Performance so you have an idea of if the driver is a good one or not. Instead I have to read all this ----- to find out if I want to install or keep what I have instead of reading through entire threads and having to read about squabbles instead.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2009
  13. Blaise

Blaise Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 4090 OC
    I find that unless I set nVidia's 3D setting - power management mode to "prefer maximum performance", it'll occasionally downclocking in-game. On the flip side, if I have it on the above setting, it doesn't always downclock back to its 2D clocks after closing a 3D application (it always does when set to "adaptive").

14. Ukraver

Ukraver Master Guru

GPU:
    msi r280x oc
    thanks for response , with the last 3 sets i have enabled prefermax setting in cp yet it still downclocked with the last set of whql but only in mw2 , maybe its a combination of driver and mw2 as it seems to a few bugs yet mw2 but thanks again

15. BCC335

BCC335 Guest

GPU:
    XFX GTX 285/Evga GTX 480
    [Quote:]Squall Leonhart;3402504]

Commonly, the idiot is the one that regresses to name calling.

[Unquote:]

I agree, but it wasn't a statement... and

It wasn't a veiled implication (name calling) concealed in a one line post.....

It was a question (interrogative)....

A question Preceded by, Earned and Brought on by your (2) two veiled, arrogant, condescending insults implying exactly that......

Which were the purpose and intent of both your egocentric, arrogant posts......

Lets Face it..... You got called on it ...... :)
    (Doing the math yet?......)

As stated in my previous post I suggest a rethink....followed by an acceptance of responsibility....followed by a rereading of that post again....

[Quote:]Squall Leonhart;3402504]

Specific games and screenshots were not posted. At this point, it still remains to be proven that it isn't user error. Old drivers may just be more "idiot proof", on flinging the same insults as the user with problems.

[Unquote]

Please Advise myself and the board what Screenshots and User Error have to do with my Original Post or Any of This......

My Original Post was a simple Statement of my experience with the drivers listed.... As stated YMMV....
    It was not a Solicitation for Assistance.....
    I had already solved the problem.....

As far as user error ....

Lets assume that I incorrectly double clicked the auto install on the drivers and my poor results were entirely my fault and due to this......

(Now pay close attention here SL This is where your attempt to Focus on Screenshots and User error Ends and the Point of the Matter Begins)

What does this have to do with a Senior board member "maha guru"
    responding with....

arrogant, egocentric, condescending responses whose spirit and intent are simply to insult the original poster.....

For the other board members:

Let me say my response here is not to win an argument, Nor do I harbor any hope of enlightening SL. His post and responses speak for themselves they focus on everthing but the point and for good reason....

but Guru3d is One of the Top, if not the Top Board for sharing information and assisting others. If you read close enough you may find one or two thoughts worth the bandwidth that reinforce the standards many members strive for....

kind regards to the other board members.....

and a quick accountability to those arrogant individuals who feel they are above the high standards layed down by others......

and whose purpose, spirit and intent are egocentric and self serving.......

Bcc335 :)

Last edited: Dec 31, 2009

16. Squall Leonhart

Squall Leonhart Banned

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 275 896
    Learn to use a Forum for starters. I can't even submit myself to attempting to understand who or where your replies are directed without proper quoting.

17. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    I still get the "driver recovery" bug with this set once in a while, mostly while playing MW2. The previous WHQL had it more frequently but it still isn't gone completely.
    Is there anything I can do apart from using a different driver set?

18. cricket bones

cricket bones Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW

Not only do I find your pseudo-intellectual nonsense unreadable, I also believe that signing the bottom of said nonsense with your chosen forum nick to be highly redundant as it's clearly stated to the left of your post who you are.

19. bloowhalez

bloowhalez Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 270
    BCC it must be painful to be you. you spend way too much time trolling the trolls. let ur frustrations be somewhere else. the dude wasnt up to par and ur babbling (and that is what it is, dont get all high n mighty) doesnt prove anything other than his stupidness actually got under ur skin.

youre letting a newb get under ur skin.

trolling the trolls.

edit: i agree with cricket its pompus to sign ur name.

With Love,

Anne Frank

20. Squall Leonhart

Squall Leonhart Banned

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 275 896
    I'm not new to guru3d by a long shot. just returned after a long time away.