Graphic card

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by juned, Dec 26, 2009.

1. juned

juned Member

GPU:
    NVidia 7300GS 256MB
    hi i wanted to know if a palit nvidia 9500GT 1GB is better then a nvidia XFx 8600GT 512MB or is the 8600Gt better??

2. DSK

DSK Banned

GPU:
    HD5770/BenQ G2220HD
    The 9500GT is better but by like 1-2%

3. Hekynn

Hekynn Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 460 1gb MSI HAWK
    Um just save up a bit more and get a high quality psu 500w from corsair and pick up a gtx 260 core 216 gpu and you will be set for a few yrs till more dx11 cards and games are available to get.

4. Mike Z

Mike Z Guest

GPU:
    GTX 670
    Here is a comparison between what you have now ( 7300GS ) and a 9500GT. Like the other guy said, the 8600GT is very similar to the 9500GT.

http://www.gpureview.com/show_cards.php?card1=376&card2=574

5. YELLOL

YELLOL Member

GPU:
    PNY GTX-275 896MB
    I always like to use the Tom's hardware Hierarchy charts for these sorts of comparisons. They are fairly accurate but not 100%.

Tom's Graphic Cards Hierarchy Chart

Yeah, Tom says the 8600GT is on the same level as 9500GT.

Charts like this are necessary with the crazy videocard numbering schemes ATI and Nvidia come up with, lol.

6. Peter Buxu

Peter Buxu Master Guru

GPU:
    BFG GeForce GTX 280 OCX
    I agree with Hekynn...
    ....It would be a better soultion and you would stay with that set up for quiet a long time say 2 - 3 years even more if you add sli in the future:D

7. MadHayden

MadHayden Member Guru

GPU:
    PNY GTX 570 1.28GB
    The 2 GPU's are generally equal in performance, I won't post benchmarks as many have already linked.

If you're considering a bigger upgrade like some have suggested however, a nice 550w Corsair PSU and a Radeon 4870 1gb would be best bang for buck.
    However you'd be somewhat CPU limited (depending on game) at this point so then you'd want to think about a newer CPU but this is all just food for thought.

8. maleficarus™

maleficarus™ Banned

GPU:
    ASUS GTX460 800/1600/4000
    Why is it everytime someone asks a question concering two cards it always turns into a best-buy sales pitch? For $20 more you can get this.....and buy this PSU for this..

Guys....lame......

9. MadHayden

MadHayden Member Guru

GPU:
    PNY GTX 570 1.28GB
    I only suggested as others have and I reckon my suggestion was better value otherwise I wouldn't have.

But yeah many do suggest more than just answering the question but 'tis to be expected, we are an enthusiast hardware forum:)

As long as the original question's answered I see no problem with it.