ATT beta version (UNICODE support)

Discussion in 'ATI Tray Tools Public Beta Section' started by Ray Adams, Oct 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    I did not have a chance to test 9.12. Will do it today. But I don't think that things are so bad :)

2. spaceger

spaceger Member

Everything fine here with hotfix 9.12

Borderlands Textures are back, and even flickering is gone.

3. Cheerpipe

Cheerpipe Guest

GPU:
    2X HD48702 1GB CF
    The problem is only when i do some overclocking from att. I will do more test :(.

4. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Similar reports here. Looks like AMD ****ed up UPLS for Crossfire again.

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=311360

5. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    Just excellent! Nice job ATI ! :)

6. Cheerpipe

Cheerpipe Guest

GPU:
    2X HD48702 1GB CF

ohh yes, definitely driver problem because other programs to manipulate card clocks are the same problem.

I just hope amd fix this.

7. hoo00

hoo00 New Member

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4890 2GB
    First post here :)

It seems that ATI changed how clocking is done in 9.12. And they messed with monitoring too. The only way to clock now is the latest CCC or RBE. I wonder how long it takes Ray to unwind this one, while I wait for direct compute.

8. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
  9. Tigershark]T-T[

Tigershark]T-T[ Member

GPU:
    Sapphire HD5870
    Ray, can you confirm the game overlay problem with STEAM games? This is a known bug with RivaTuner, too, so I wonder whether or not it's even possible to fix this (it really sucks to not be able to access friends lists in-game though :-( ).

Thanks!

10. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Plain wrong. That's not a known bug in RT at all. STEAM is designed to be the only OSD solution in the system, it will block its own functionality itself as soon as any other OSD tool is already running in the system when STEAM overlay client is being started. That's by design of STEAM to do it, and if you want to see it changed it should be addressed inside STEAM. If it wants to perform a harakiri when any third party tool is detected - third party tools won't be able to prevent STEAM from doing so. But knowing this principle you can easily fool STEAM's self-harakiri system - just start STEAM game first (so it doesn't see any other OSD software running) THEN start RT or ATT. And it will work. In RT there is also additional option which can hide it from STEAM detection (the option is called <Stealth mode> in OSD properties), but it wass added there for different purposes and resolves STEAM issues as a side effect. Not sure if Ray should bother adding it just to resolve STEAM design flaws.

11. Tigershark]T-T[

Tigershark]T-T[ Member

GPU:
    Sapphire HD5870
    Thanks.
    I was not referring to it being a bug IN RT rather than WITH it though :) I know it's a STEAM issue. However, starting STEAM first and then RT/ATT won't resolve the issue as you will still have to launch the game you want to play first, too. And tabbing out of the game everytime to start ATT is far from convenient. If the workload for implementing this is not too high, then I can't see why you wouldn't do it. Then again, earlier versions of ATT did not have this issue, so I wonder where it comes from now?

12. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    Why we must do it? I mean me and Unwinder? Lets Steam developers fix it.

Which one?

13. Tigershark]T-T[

Tigershark]T-T[ Member

GPU:
    Sapphire HD5870
    I did not mean to imply you HAVE to do anything, but a workaround would be nice, since I don't believe that valve will fix it. They have been aware of this issue for over 2 years now (steam forums are full of it) and didn't do anything about it, why would they now?

A fix in ATT on the other hand will certainly make a lot of users (including myself .-) ) very happy since this is why I currently don't use them.

To your question which one of ATTs didn't show that bug - I can't tell. Did you implement the OSD in a certain version or change the way it works recently? According to n\/Cl34r's post above, he first saw it with the current (well, now the second latest) build.

14. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    I did nothing excep of adding DirectX11 support. Nothing was made in core of OSD engine.

15. n\/Cl34r

n\/Cl34r Active Member

GPU:
    Can you implent a feature to temporally disable the OSD when launching app X (a Steam Overlay Game), and reactivating it a bit later?

16. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    Use game profiles to create profile for your .exe file and click Disable OSD

17. Ramonsterator

Ramonsterator New Member

GPU:
    Palit 4850 Special DDR5
    Ray Adams
    Большое спасибо за утилиту, отличная штука! :)
    And now here's the question - I've got a palit 4850 with DDR5 onboard.
    In OC settings, Voltage section I can select which V should be set.
    Also there is a Custom VDDC button - but when I add for example 1300, and then set it - frequencies simply drops down to standart numbers.
    So.. how to use custom VDDC?

18. BailA

BailA Guest

GPU:
    Ati Radeon 5870
    Hi Ray Adams and Merry Crhistams!!
    I have a problem with the last Beta of ATT and Catalyst 12 Hotfix,DIRT 2 crash with this error:
    If i close ATT Dirt 2 don't crash
    It's a bug?
    Sorry for my english :cheers:

19. BrutuZ

BrutuZ Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 560Ti Hawk TF3/OC
    Just guessing here, but maybe it's a OSD conflict. Try to disable it and see if it works. Whenever one of my games crash, i set a Game Profile in ATT with OSD disabled, it usually works.

20. BailA

BailA Guest

GPU:
    Ati Radeon 5870
    Tried but the problem remains :bang:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.