MSI afterburner bug report & suggestion

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by msi-afterburner, Oct 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eva2000

eva2000 Master Guru

GPU:
    8800GT/8800GTX/4870x2
    oh so could be driver bug.. was thinking it was similar to rivatuner where certain updates you had added support for different drivers which weren't supported in previous rivatuner version.

2. dao1972

dao1972 New Member

GPU:
    2x MSI R5850/1Gb
    Hello, i have a problem with Afterburner 1.5 b2 and configuration of two 5850 in crossfire. Program controls only one fan - on the first card. Second card's fan doesn't affected (in case of setting "Synchronise... " option). In other cases separated regulation of fans is absent.
    Many regards to thy, oh great Unwinder!

3. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

AMD thinks that secondary GPU is NOT supposed to be controllable at all, adrress your claims to them.

1) Thank AMD for terrible drivers, terrible architecture decisions and terrible implementation of power saving techiques.
    2) Google "ULPS" and "EnableULPS".
    3) Either disable ULPS or live with that.

4. dao1972

dao1972 New Member

GPU:
    2x MSI R5850/1Gb
    Thank you! I'll try it later (in registry too)... One more time - thanks, Rivatuner and Afterburner is a great creation of your extraordinary mind! I wish you good luck!

Last edited: Dec 25, 2009

5. rony794

rony794 Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 5970@1ghz
    I have a problem with setting voltages on my 4870x2. Each time I set the voltage only the voltage of GPU1 is changed.

6. Balthazor

Balthazor Member

GPU:
    2 x Sapphire Radeon 5970
    I saw a post from last month regarding no planned support for memory over-volting on the Radeon 5970 series, but I'd like to request the feature anyway.

Afterburner is clearly the superior overclocking tool available for the current crop of ATI cards; it is one of the few that offers an 'on-start' settings options, and incorporates a number of useful features that other tools don't have or have implemented poorly, like G15/G19 LCD support, hardware monitoring, and profiles.

Afterburner lets me easily up my core clock on all four GPUs without issue, but memory speed is severely limited without over-volting.

So please consider adding memory overvolting for the 5970 (and I would suppose other similar ATI cards also.)

Thank you for your excellent tool and making it available to us; and thank you for considering my feature request.

7. Dr Tone

Dr Tone Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX Titan SC
    +1

Please!

8. Garrett_Wu

Garrett_Wu Member Guru

Memory over voltage is rather unsafe for users, so currently we don't have plan to implement this feature, sorry.

9. Dr Tone

Dr Tone Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX Titan SC
    Has ATI messed up things with the 9.12s, once again? I'm getting crashes when running afterburner with no overclocking, just fan control. HIS 5970. I have to reset clocks with a saved profile to get things back to normal again. All is extra warm but well if I run without afterburner.

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?p=3394750&posted=1#post3394750

10. Unwinder

Yes, they have. Similar crashing reports with ATI Tray Tools and Everest. And no, I don't plan to add any workarounds for that, sorry. Wait from a fix from AMD.

11. Dr Tone

Dr Tone Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX Titan SC
    Fair enough. I assume you know exactly what they messed up, have you contacted them on it? I'd nag them, but I really don't know what to tell them the issue is...

12. Unwinder

I'm not gonna neither investigate and search for thing they have broken nor waste a time on reporting, sorry. Really tired of wasting time on searching for endless workarounds because of T-E-R-R-I-B-L-E AMD drivers quality.

13. sideeffect

sideeffect Master Guru

GPU:
    FE 3070
    I have a small issue with Left4Dead 2. It continuously changes my overclock back to stock clocks and I have to use a profile key to re-apply the overclock.

It happens so often (every minute or so) that I assign the profile key to 'walk' just to keep it stable.

Is there a work around? Is it safe to spam profile changes like that?

It is not a heat problem. I am using 1.5.0 Beta 2

14. dao1972

dao1972 New Member

GPU:
    2x MSI R5850/1Gb
    ULPS disabled already. Drivers 9.12HF crashes the system in one minute in case of running any program, that reads temperature or voltage from the card (except CCC of course, even in "disable overdrive" mode). AMD. A bunch of Advanced Moron and Dumb "indian" software engeneers! (but a couple of perfect hardware engeneers too).

Last edited: Dec 26, 2009
  15. magoo25

magoo25 Guest

GPU:
    ATI 5870s in CrossfireX
    There was something added in 9.12 which is meant to keep the "slave" GPU in a CrossfireX setup at very low power until it's needed in 3D work.....at that time it will ramp up.....according to AMD.

I guess that is what causes my computer to blue screen when I enable Afterburner with the 9.12 HF drivers.

I hope someone fixes this damn problem.....either I use the 9.10 + AB or I use the 9.12 HF and nothing and keep my fingers crossed.....

Oh well. What are we to do.

16. DSK

DSK Banned

GPU:
    HD5770/BenQ G2220HD
    I don't know if this is an afterburner bug or fraps bug

but they dont work together nicely

its basically like I run fraps games works fine
    I run MSI AB games work fine
    If i try run both game crashs

Any ideas i turned off all monitoring and OSD on afterburner no luck yet

Or maybe its another problem dunno but every game i've tried crash

Im using the 1.5 Beta2 tried beta 3 same stuff

Now maybe cause its beta this happens ? i dunno.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2009
  17. civato

civato Guest

GPU:
    2xGTX570 sli on H2O EK
    There is a typo in Béta 1.5.0 béta 3.
    In the files "BUTTON_PROFILE1, 2, 3, 4, 5" in Help folder C:\Program Files(x86)\MSI Afterburner\Help.

Example:

Profle Slot 1 (I believe this should be Profile)
    Saves current applied voltage, clock and fan control settings to profile slot 1, loads or deletes settings from it.

The "i" is missing in all these files.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2009
  18. Unwinder

Read the context help for <Stealth mode> option in the OSD server. More than detailed info on this issue can be forund there.

19. Unwinder

Thanks for nailing down a typo. Will fix it.

20. DSK

DSK Banned

GPU:
    HD5770/BenQ G2220HD
    Ahhh ok thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.